Tiers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

toot_hero #1 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17459 battles

Hi i've been playing for a few years(ignore my stats) and I am not at all good,I'll be in the lower performing group.

My question is ..is it normal to retain lower tier tanks as you move up?I find myself playing a tier 8 tank/td the same a a tier 3 tank/td.I play along the the garage as they occur,I believe this habit isn't helping me improve.I tend to rush forward except for my arty.

Any advice appreciated...cheers.

Tom_Deekanarry #2 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6075 battles
I actually stopped at tier 6 as the historical tanks I'm interested in are all 6 and lower!

SuedKAT #3 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I normally keep and play the tanks I enjoy regardless of tier, the main issue with that though is the crews, you don't generally get along that well with a fresh crew at higher tiers. This is why I've trained several crews in quite a few of my tier 5-6 tanks since it's both much more forgiving (thus more efficient) but I also would have played those matches to grind credits anyhow.

Playing/grinding many tanks can have it's downsides though, you might play a tank better after you've warmed up in it so to speak, switching tanks all the time might throw you off a bit in that regard.

toot_hero #4 Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17459 battles

I have different crews in all my tanks and most of them at 100%,most of my tanks are elite too.I might try to stick to certain teirs on certain "play-days",ie 3-5 and 6-up...I doubt jumping out of a Leopard into a Sherman then onto a Marder is good practice.

Thanks I'll work at it...

dimethylcadmium #5 Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5455 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
I think you should keep the tanks you enjoy playing. You'll need to buy some garage slots but it's worth it

NoPoet406 #6 Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Nearly all my tanks are tiers 5 and below. They're generally easy to get and cheap to buy, which suits the tank collector in me. The higher tier tanks in my chosen tech tree (British) are often so infuriating to grind to, and the attitude of many higher tier players is so bad, that I prefer to keep low tier tanks and have a blast in them.

toot_hero #7 Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17459 battles

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 18 March 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I think you should keep the tanks you enjoy playing. You'll need to buy some garage slots but it's worth it

I am sort of doing that,I've had the Marder and Birch gun for a long time.

View PostNoPoet406, on 18 March 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

Nearly all my tanks are tiers 5 and below. They're generally easy to get and cheap to buy, which suits the tank collector in me. The higher tier tanks in my chosen tech tree (British) are often so infuriating to grind to, and the attitude of many higher tier players is so bad, that I prefer to keep low tier tanks and have a blast in them.

I found abuse starts at the higher tiers,I've seen people getting abused during games and I've had a few messages myself.not to put too fine a point on it but it is "just" a game...isn't it?

I've never paid for anything on there and I don't think I will...enjoy...

K_A #8 Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm mostly going up all the time, but with about 25 lines I'm going up at the same time I'm going to have a whole bunch of the lower tier tanks still left for a while. I enjoy tiers 8-10 the most, so that's my end goal with a few middle tier gem exceptions.

dimethylcadmium #9 Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5455 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Posttoot_hero, on 18 March 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

I am sort of doing that,I've had the Marder and Birch gun for a long time.

I found abuse starts at the higher tiers,I've seen people getting abused during games and I've had a few messages myself.not to put too fine a point on it but it is "just" a game...isn't it?

I've never paid for anything on there and I don't think I will...enjoy...

Well, world of tanks is kind of like basketball, the higher you go up in tiers the better you are expected to perform. Put a very skilled basketball player in a team full of newbies and he won't be happy when his team gets destroyed only because he had to fight a team with better players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users