How is the state of the game?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Grandorf #1 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17542 battles

Hi

Some time ago I got fed up with WoT and started to play World of Warships, which i absolutely like.

The reason I stopped playing was the huge nerfs to my favorite tanks and the shift towards 

"rush to win" playstyle. 

Im tempted to start playing again when 1.0 gets released.  

So... is the fast paced rushing playstyle still a thing? Games decided after 4 minutes? 

Is there some alternatives to the these beloved and totally "destroyed by WG" tanks?

T-50-2 (removed)

Hellcat (speednerf)

T49 (removed)

ELC (gun removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

Only tank that is still awesome is KV-1, or?

Jigabachi #2 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1.0 isn't here yet, it will come in the next few days.

Your beloved tanks were highly unbalanced and deserved a nerf.

Edited by Jigabachi, 19 March 2018 - 10:05 AM.

LordMuffin #3 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48172 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hi

Some time ago I got fed up with WoT and started to play World of Warships, which i absolutely like.

The reason I stopped playing was the huge nerfs to my favorite tanks and the shift towards 

"rush to win" playstyle. 

So... is the fast paced rushing playstyle still a thing? Games decided after 4 minutes? 

Is there some alternatives to the these beloved and totally "destroyed by WG" tanks?

T-50-2 (removed)

Hellcat (speednerf)

T49 (removed)

ELC (gun removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

Game heavily favours heavy tanks, especially heavy tanks of later releases.

And the Obj 268v4.

So if you like to play heavies, you should be fine in new WoT.

FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

General

• Player
  • 22971 battles

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

T49 (removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

T49 got very much buffed in 9.18 as the 90mm became much more effective, and the derp gun is still available.

ISU-152 got a 26mm pen nerf to 260 pen, so quite frankly I find it pathetic that people whine that this tank is dead now. 260 AP pen at tier 8 is still sodding good with 750 alpha, nothing dead about it at all.

IS-3 is still decent, and the Hellcat is amazing at tier 6. 

Edited by fishbob101, 19 March 2018 - 10:22 AM.

Slyspy #5 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hi

"rush to win" playstyle. 

T-50-2 (removed)

Hellcat (speednerf)

T49 (removed)

ELC (gun removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

Having read what you have typed here then I'd say you've already made up your mind and that, no, it is not worth you coming back to WoT. Oh, and the T49 wasn't removed. It was renamed. 

Grandorf #6 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17542 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 19 March 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

Having read what you have typed here then I'd say you've already made up your mind and that, no, it is not worth you coming back to WoT. Oh, and the T49 wasn't removed. It was renamed. 

You right, forum is unhelpful as usual and game seems broke as ever.

signal11th #7 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37160 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
From my humble personal opinion I think the game is pretty broken which on Wednesday/Thursday will temporarily be forgotten about for around 3-4 weeks whilst everyone takes in the new patch, The problem for me at least is the new patch isn't concerning itself with any of the "problems" that for me are plaguing the game for the last 12-18 months. So I imagine it will be business as usual in around 6 weeks. Then the usual complaints will arrive again, silly broken tanks like the type 4/5, everyone and his dog spamming prem ... sorry 5% of people lul, Arty, XVM, 3 minute matches, Serb stole my dog/girlfriend/fridge and maps and the other dozen or so usual complaints on the forums , although at least with the maps I'm a little more hopeful.

Edited by signal11th, 19 March 2018 - 10:39 AM.

clanmcwood #8 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postfishbob101, on 19 March 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

T49 got very much buffed in 9.18 as the 90mm became much more effective, and the derp gun is still available.

ISU-152 got a 26mm pen nerf to 260 pen, so quite frankly I find it pathetic that people whine that this tank is dead now. 260 AP pen at tier 8 is still sodding good with 750 alpha, nothing dead about it at all.

IS-3 is still decent, and the Hellcat is amazing at tier 6.

NO NO he is talking about the Now T67 the TD not the light tank which stole the T49s name IS 3 is indeed awesome if we ignore the pay to win defender and Hell cat is underwhelming now I find

D4wiD3K #9 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

You're the type of a tank who plays all the disease tanks and wonders why they're being taken away. If you can't make 260 pen work on your ISU I'm afraid the problem isn't in "the low pen" of the tank but the driver. I bet you're going to whine about the maps not being "td friendly" next because there are some maps in the game now that require a TD to not sit in the most obvious camping bush next to the cap circle. 

T-50-2 was removed because it was a broken tank, it was about making no-skill yolorushes before physics were added to the game and when accuracy was terrible. As much as I sympathize with making James Bond runs and killing arty without being hit, this tank was not much less broken than arty itself.

Hellcat is a fine tank, just not completely overpowered anymore. Same is true for IS-3, it's still one of the better heavies in tier 8 even though it's not as good as it used to be. 

AMX ELC was a well-known sealclubbing machine. While I can get behind why people liked it, it was also a sealclubbing tank that scaled too well with a good crew. Besides, in return for the "nerf" it was downtiered because it lost its scout matchmaking. It's still a fine tank. The playing style is still there if that's what you are looking for, but I suspect most players who "played the ELC because it was unique" really played it because it was too good at sealclubbing. Interestingly these players don't seem to care that much about the playing style anymore and prefer to complain about it being "nerfed to death".

Regrettably T49 hasn't been removed contrary to what you are saying. It's exactly what it was before except it also has a viable non-derp gun now. I always facepalm when people just look at the absolute tier of the tank rather than the practice and ignore the fact that scout matchmaking effectively made tier 8 LTs tier 9. Yes, it's tier 9 tank now but it has the exact same matchmaking as before so it's effectively the same tank. If anything it has been buffed with the alternative gun.

In spite of a vast selection of heavies, mediums and even TDs and a good performance level on them I primarily play LTs nowadays/(that I almost never played until recently) and feel they are better than for a long, long time. They just require some skill now and you can't just make yoloruns or sit in a bush. Actually you can still do the latter in too many situations. If you're looking for a LT that doesn't require brain and rewards bad yolos you still have the aforementioned T49.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 19 March 2018 - 10:50 AM.

K_A #10 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If you're talking about the old T49, it's still very much in the game, just now called T67. It has a slightly different model but other than that it's pretty much still the same AFAIK.

Aries1204 #11 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21671 battles
  • [RAKIA] RAKIA

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 March 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Game heavily favours heavy tanks, especially heavy tanks of later releases.

And the Obj 268v4.

So if you like to play heavies, you should be fine in new WoT.

Unfortunate truth. All Objects are destroying game and overall  tier 9 and 10 experience. Even worse is the fact that those OP heavies are only played by good and very good players who also have credits to have them on the very first day. So, good players with money in the pocket are enjoying game even more. WGN is satisfied, money is burned, game is broken. With Objects WGN has utterly and thoroughly destroyed this beautiful game. 

And as Signal11th said, all of this will be forgotten for few weeks and then the same obvious flaws will arise. Good will be better, and bad will want to be good and will buy those shitty nerd tanks.

Edweird #12 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9666 battles

Hi

"rush to win" playstyle. 

T-50-2 (removed)

Hellcat (speednerf)

T49 (removed)

ELC (gun removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

Well if your into warships then you will be used to power creep and the fact that the game is essentially now BB's so it aint much different to the heavy tank & Russian bias that tanks has so you'll feel perfectly at home.

Many tanks have been moved/nerfed buffed and some new lines introduced so I'm sure you will find something to replace the OP tanks you listed.

Russian heavies unsurprisingly are still a safe bet. If you can handle, ugly, boring to play tanks with atrocious gun handling with stupid armour.

Edited by discontinued, 19 March 2018 - 11:14 AM.

L4NDe #13 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45605 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE
Everybody who is crying how bad the game is should take a visit to early days. Type59 era, the day when batchat was released, driving kv3 against maus, is7, e100, arties being as accurate as they are now with higher shell velocity and ap rounds. Its true that tanks like type4/5, 268 v4, should not exist but powercreep tanks have always been there. This game will never be balanced. Not with this dev team. They have no clue how the game works. Never had.

Slyspy #14 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Can we end this thread here?

BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22595 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

People will give advice based on their own performance and skill, which will be different to others and not based at all on your performance, skill or understanding of the game, so asking is pretty much a waste of time.

I don't see why you can't just play a few games and find out for yourself. 

clanmcwood #16 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostK_A, on 19 March 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you're talking about the old T49, it's still very much in the game, just now called T67. It has a slightly different model but other than that it's pretty much still the same AFAIK.

True still a VERY capable little TD borderline OP, much the same but they gave it the ugly frying pan turret open top so lost the use of Vents.

malachi6 #17 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49930 battles

View PostGrandorf, on 19 March 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

You post a  bunch of reasons why you don't want to play.  Then, when someone says don't you complain the forum is broken?

D4wiD3K #18 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postclanmcwood, on 19 March 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

True still a VERY capable little TD borderline OP, much the same but they gave it the ugly frying pan turret open top so lost the use of Vents.

Oh no man. Maybe we need a T67 buff so subhuman scumbags who have no intentions of learning any game mechanics can still get decent stats? Oh no wait. They already do because T67 is overpowered as [edited].

Edited by D4wiD3K, 19 March 2018 - 11:52 AM.

Jack_Sparroxx #19 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55572 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

Hi

"rush to win" playstyle. 

T-50-2 (removed)

Hellcat (speednerf)

T49 (removed)

ELC (gun removed)

ISU-152 (gun nerfed)

IS-3 (status loss)

You can obviously give it a go, but dont expect miracles in any way shape or form. The core mechanics of the game is the same, so one might be tempted to say that they have done nothing but polished a turd. And a turd is still a turd regardless of how much perfume you spray it with. 

That being said, they have removed some of the terrible maps, which is a bonus, but opted to keep crappy maps like paris and mines. They have changed some of the other maps, some for the better some they have wrecked even more others they have done nothing to dispute being obviously favoring one side of the map. As an example, derpenberg was campy as fak, but semi playable, in 1.0 version it looks like its going to be the worst map by far. 

vixu #20 Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42601 battles
few tanks is not an issue. gold spam is. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users