• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

LordMuffin #21 Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGremlin182, on 20 March 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

There is no such thing as a free online game companies must make money on the deal because.

1 they wouldn't even bother creating games if there was no profit

2 They have expenses, someone has to keep the lights on pay the staff and keep the servers running.

Its not free.

Old school pay me £50+ and I will sell you a game, game dies when not enough new players buy the game.

Then came pay £5 a month for access to the game.

Latest model is the one used by Wargaming, pay nothing unless you want to.

What you are asking for is the ability to pay no cash of any kind but be able to play tier 10 tanks all the time.

So no premium time ever.

Well you can do that but to survive the company has to make you work for it.

Play lower tiers to fund the higher tier tanks.

Win a premium tank to fund the higher tier tanks.

Do even more of the above to pay for premium ammo consumables etc.

Some time back there was a lot of whining on the forums sry Ill have to stop doing that ;)

Some time back a number of players expressed concern that.

1 SPGs where far too overpowered so they nerfed SPG damage and pen by 50%

2 TDs and Light tanks were too well hidden and shooting holes in them while remaining invisible.

That led to map changes as well as view range nerfes for TDs and the latest Light tank changes.

3 Premium ammo was making their armour useless. changes were tested on the sandbox but because the model tested also nerfed standard ammo there were more complaints even though the test had just started.

Wargaming started making changes to tanks on a nation/type method some nations have had their tanks buffed better gun pen in a lot of cases better armour in others.

If I remember correctly America is next in line for a do over.

All of it still needs changes and as we play the game changes will come but it all takes time some of it takes many months.

Would you rather they made changes on a weekly/daily basis based on complaints on the forum.

Meanwhile most of the game is still available for totally free play, I had lots of fun running lower tier tanks in the luck of the Irish missions because you could complete them in tier 2 tanks and above.

Not played the LTP,  T-127,  M8A1, T67 Matilda and so on for years.

Also played all my Light tanks even the high tier ones because they too are a lot of fun and you can make a profit no matter what happens.

Want the game to be completely free to play at all levels, yeah good luck with that WOT wouldn't get to the end of 2018 before the servers closed for good.

There exist games which are free and what you pay for is in no way giving you any kind of benefit in game. Like Dota 2 and LoL.

These 2 games do make huge amount of money though, from selling cosmetics to the heroes.

Simeon85 #22 Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

Players play badly in their armoured tanks -> they whine to WG that armour doesn't matter -> instead of teaching how to play properly WG buffs all the armour and brings in new stupidly armoured tanks -> new high tier meta. 

Doesn't matter how much armour you give a tank if these players drive around sideways, into cross fires, over extend etc. they are going to fail. 

djuro900 #23 Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16856 battles

View PostCobra6, on 20 March 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

And what do you think will happen if suddenly all heavy armour is not penetrated and their winratios skyrocket? They'd have to start balancing for regular ammo again.

Cobra 6

Well i get your point but there are already tanks that massively improve winrate and they just dont care. Ofcourse the best solution would be to remove/change gold ammo and balance armor around regular shells, but thats just wishful thinking of us players. 

Cobra6 #24 Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDr_ownape, on 20 March 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm nearing the end of the STA-1 grind and found that, on most corridor maps, im using more and more gold as to flank them would be suicide and whilst it might help my team win eventually I would die; where is the fun it that? So instead I will stay alive and press 2.

It's good that you bring this up because 2-3 years ago when I played the STA-1 that 212 penetration was more than enough to contest everything you met if you aimed properly, heck IS-3's you could easily pen from the front with it as well.

Had a really nice time with the STA-1 and pretty much never had to fire premium ammo.

125 battles.

60,00% winratio.

1575,82 average damage.

2663,24 average wn8.

All with pretty much only standard ammo, maybe I'll play the STA-2 with standard ammo as a comparisson to see how the meta has really changed because I doubt I could repeat these stats now shooting only AP.

Oh how times change (for the worse).

Cobra 6

Ricky_Rolls #25 Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles

View PostExozen, on 19 March 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Japanse HT tanks are not a problem in armor , they are unable to do any effective angling unlike the Maus , what breaks it is their ability to ignore any kinde of armor with the retarded HE spews.

So you're basically saying that a tank that is immune to any standard rounds except for some td's is balanced armor wise, ok....

LordMuffin #26 Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSimeon85, on 20 March 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Players play badly in their armoured tanks -> they whine to WG that armour doesn't matter -> instead of teaching how to play properly WG buffs all the armour and brings in new stupidly armoured tanks -> new high tier meta. 

Doesn't matter how much armour you give a tank if these players drive around sideways, into cross fires, over extend etc. they are going to fail. 

I wouldn't be so sure.

WG can still make a tank have auto bounce side armour and very strong frontal armour.

The Obj 257 is a tank that can more or less drive out sideways and succeed. Now you just need an impervious front to it, and a smaller strip above tracks that is pennable. 

signal11th #27 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39419 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Basically a cat could do well with the 268-4, here a picture of the WG balancing manager with his 67% in it and he's been dead 5 years.

Edited by signal11th, 20 March 2018 - 05:22 PM.

SABAOTH #28 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostCobra6, on 20 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

It's good that you bring this up because 2-3 years ago when I played the STA-1 that 212 penetration was more than enough to contest everything you met if you aimed properly, heck IS-3's you could easily pen from the front with it as well.

Had a really nice time with the STA-1 and pretty much never had to fire premium ammo.

125 battles.

60,00% winratio.

1575,82 average damage.

2663,24 average wn8.

All with pretty much only standard ammo, maybe I'll play the STA-2 with standard ammo as a comparisson to see how the meta has really changed because I doubt I could repeat these stats now shooting only AP.

Cobra 6

Is not too bad, if only would have some slight turret buff would be competitive, you play it like a ridge hit and runner

anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #29 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Whats a hone?

View Postsignal11th, on 20 March 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Basically a cat could do well with the 268-4, here a picture of the WG balancing manager with his 67% in it and he's been dead 5 years.

...I have lost a lot of weight recently

View PostCobra6, on 20 March 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

125 battles.

60,00% winratio.

1575,82 average damage.

2663,24 average wn8.

Cobra 6

The japanese line is now practiaclly defunct

The STA-1 has difficulty penning anything it meets these days,

Oh and the STB-1 just try to pen anything even with gold 80% of your shots bounce...and people told me "your not doing enough damage" my reply would be I actually did cause damage "once"

I'm actually pretty annoyed with WG for tricking me into climbing this godforsaken line.

Edited by Daxeno, 21 March 2018 - 03:25 PM.

Somnorila #30 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56964 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 20 March 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

What you are asking for is the ability to pay no cash of any kind but be able to play tier 10 tanks all the time.

So no premium time ever.

Well you can do that but to survive the company has to make you work for it.

No one said that you have to have billions of players or that kids should be a market target. They could just as easy make a balanced game that can't be cheated with 3rd party software and other means. And make it a gamble. There is a lot of RNG in it that comparing it with games like poker is not far away. So maybe sell gold but also buy gold at somewhat good rates for them. Win-win. Thus farming and getting the tanks and playing them in random or with other players, as now sort of, BUT with the purpose of training. The end game, the real thing would be the one where gold is changing hands between players with the aim of making real cash. And if money laundering is a problem keep the no trading part. Premium tanks, premium ammo should be a thing of the past. Maybe premium time could stay so that the few nations and branches be still farmed. So of course, because of the balance we should have way fewer vehicles.This would be a great way to incite gold sales.Who would hate the idea of potentially making a living by playing WoT? I would probably find this a better approach. WG can do this if they wanted. Everyone else don't steal my idea! :teethhappy:

baribal_80 #31 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22928 battles

View PostLord_Edge, on 19 March 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yet another Jap SHT whine thread by somebody who's never even played one /yawn

Has it ever occured to you that maybe the perceived overpower you see when only looking at the positive aspects of a tank is just, well perceived?  The Jap supers may have thick frontal armour but it's just that, thick flat armour, the protection is binary, if the enemy doesn't have the pen to go through the front it's great but if they do it's completely useless, and considering you can meet many lower tiered tanks that can it's not as big an issue as the endless whine threads make out.  The post only increases hilarity when you start whining about the 268 4, something that's weakness is derp guns lol.

Having many many different tanks, some of which are very strong in some areas and very weak in others is what gives the game it's balance and variety.  Complaining because a tank is overpowered because it's great on a corridor map when top tier and nobody on the other team has any premium ammo is just as stupid as complaining it's in desperate need of a buff because it's borderline useless on an open map with arty, or against enemies that can find their "2" key.  Hell the reason you don't see the Types that often anymore is because nobody wants to play a slow boring bank breaking tank (they actually require gold spam to do decent damage, they are pay 2 b competitive not pay 2 win) with troll armour that mostly trolls you.

You are wrong. Sorry but Type5 is not a perception problem. Win rate curves and win rate data show the tank is overperforming for all players.

failing_koala #32 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25125 battles
Who's "hones" ?

IncandescentGerbil #33 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles
Surely the balancing team does whatever the money men tell it. Does the BT even exist, or is it just another fiction, like 268 v4 weakspots?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users