Gun choice on Conqueror

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SyJoMa #1 Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23528 battles
Which gun you think is better on the IX Conqueror? 

I loved the tank untill I got the top gun. After that winrate is going downhill, bad games all the time... I figured it could be because the alpha isn't that great, it has low DPM and for me the accuracy has been VERY troll. With the small gun I used to rush and play very agressive. I might die early, but before I did I had usually racked few kills and at least my own HP worth of damage. And I won 65% of my games. The big gun doesn't have big enough alpha to scare anyone and the over 9 sec reload combined with meh armor forces you to play support role. I feel like I can't influence the games as much anymore. 

Should I keep working on my playstyle to match the bigger gun or is the small one simply better - opinions? 

firelars4 #2 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40404 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
The increased alpha, pen and aim time on the top gun is definitly worth it. The loss of DPM is not at bad as it may seem, since you will start off with doing 400 dmg instead of 280 and you won't have to expose yourself for too long, so arty will find it harder to get a shot on you. Also, the 120mm gun has 120mm pen on its HESH rounds.

BlackPantherKTwo #3 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16809 battles
220 pen on tier 9 is just a no, so stick to the bigger gun.
If you are willing to gold spam i guess the stock gun is actually an option. But otherwise.

SyJoMa #4 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23528 battles
Well, I'll keep working on it... Just had few more games with the big gun. Under 1k damage, got rushed and couldn't do anything because the DPM is so darn bad. I feel like I need to snipe to do good, can't go anywhere near frontline :/ 

mantazzo #5 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6177 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

View PostSyJoMa, on 20 March 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Well, I'll keep working on it... Just had few more games with the big gun. Under 1k damage, got rushed and couldn't do anything because the DPM is so darn bad. I feel like I need to snipe to do good, can't go anywhere near frontline :/ 

It's a good tank, but it mostly excels only in hull-down positions since hull is weak (read: open maps, preferably with no arty). I can only recommend having Rammer and Vents on it, helps with the tank quite a bit. For the third - either optics or VStabs. Depending if you'd like to play the tank from closer range, or you're okay with staying further back.

Enemies: Autoloaders (especially on premium ammo load).

Don't be afraid to stay further back - this is not really a front-line tank like IS-3/IS-7/Maus/*Japan* tanks are with loads of armor. But then again, you might get blamed for camping out and not pushing by some players...

Oh and by the way, expect a lot of premium ammo shots. Because "2" is for the win as usual. (Also not to worry, my own winrate this tank went quite down after I got thew gun, it is usual, I think...)

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19632 battles

View PostSyJoMa, on 20 March 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

I loved the tank untill I got the top gun. After that winrate is going downhill, bad games all the time... I figured it could be because the alpha isn't that great, it has low DPM and for me the accuracy has been VERY troll.

Well play it with the stock gun then.... if it works you better, then it does.

SyJoMa #7 Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23528 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 20 March 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Well play it with the stock gun then.... if it works you better, then it does.

After 50 games with top gun, I seriously consider it. But if the general opinion is that the top gun is superior in every aspect I will give it more time. Thus this topic

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19632 battles

View PostSyJoMa, on 20 March 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

After 50 games with top gun, I seriously consider it. But if the general opinion is that the top gun is superior in every aspect I will give it more time. Thus this topic

I played maybe 25 games with the stock gun. It's not bad at all, because the DPM is so crazy good.

But the top gun has also other perks like the dope HESH rounds, which are very good in taking out low hit point enemies. And generally alpha is easier to use than DPM.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36377 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostSyJoMa, on 20 March 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Which gun you think is better on the IX Conqueror? 

I loved the tank untill I got the top gun. After that winrate is going downhill, bad games all the time... I figured it could be because the alpha isn't that great, it has low DPM and for me the accuracy has been VERY troll. With the small gun I used to rush and play very agressive. I might die early, but before I did I had usually racked few kills and at least my own HP worth of damage. And I won 65% of my games. The big gun doesn't have big enough alpha to scare anyone and the over 9 sec reload combined with meh armor forces you to play support role. I feel like I can't influence the games as much anymore. 

Should I keep working on my playstyle to match the bigger gun or is the small one simply better - opinions? 

Unlocking it soon, so I will check, but apparently the big gun works fine, I have problems in contesting conquerors on the ridge lines.

The Vk something P Tier 8 wannabe Maus works better with the stock gun, but conqueror looks pretty accurate.

dimethylcadmium #10 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4566 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
if you can make the 220/250 pen work in Tier 10 games then yes by all means use the stock gun, otherwise good luck against superheavies (and some mediums)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26618 battles

View PostSyJoMa, on 20 March 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Just because other people tell you the top gun is better if you find you are more effective with the other one then use that. Use what wins games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users