So...WoT v1.0, let's pull it all together.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

4TankersAndDog_US #1 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

Is your PC going to be able to handle WoT 1.0?  

Sure, all the new pretty stuff does not actually impact game play at this time, you can still turn the detail down to Crayola Mode if you need, and my personal experience with older meh-grade PCs is that v1.0 runs smoother than v9.22.  That being said, memory and CPU use at the top end has been pushed up, so I would consider 4GB of RAM and 2 CPU cores with Hyper-threading as a minimum requirement, preferably 8GB and 4 Cores and an SSD no matter how small to install WoT on (64GB would be good enough).

What maps have significant changes in WoT v1.0?

Erlenberg

Fjords

Fisherman's Bay

Nebelberg

Only those few, I heard they were all flat now, and tanks with gun depression are effectively nerfed!!

Um no, sorry, usual click-bait fake-news hyperventilating there folks.  After playing hundreds of hours of game time on first the Sandbox Server and then Common Test, most maps play basically the same.

Keep an eye on my Passive Scouting Locations and WTF2G threads for updated map guides in due course.

Are SPG players going to use those bright shell tracers to find and kill me?

No.

[Part 2]

[Part 3]

The new maps are so big and beautiful I get lost...help?

Give me more pretty new map videos to watch while I download 1.0 please?

I've already published a good number of refreshed map scouting guides, there are some differences from v9.22 but as mentioned they will significantly play the same:

Paris

Cliff

El Halluf

Serene Coast

Abbey

Prokhorovka

Sand River

Lakeville

Westfield

Live Oaks

Airfield

Murovanka

Ruinberg

Mines

Mannerheim Line (Arctic Region)

All that being said I certainly haven't, even with all that game time, played every single one of the new maps.  Are there others you feel have significant and dramatic meta-altering changes that I missed?

Edited by 4TankersAndDog_US, 22 March 2018 - 02:56 PM.

SnowRelic #2 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23356 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Good job, haven't the time to take it all in right now, but I'm sure I will watch quite a lot of it this week. Considering your other vids, I'm sure it'll be worthwhile.

I found some of the new maps to be overly bright (on the first common test). Are there any graphic settings we could use to tone it down? Or any mods perhaps?

valyan #3 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29673 battles
  • [KMKZ] KMKZ

I want discounts on tier 10 tanks... what's coming?

I can't find anything to say what's upcoming... :(

Maybe I missed it... any help or direction welcome... thanks

4TankersAndDog_US #4 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostSnowRelic, on 20 March 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Good job, haven't the time to take it all in right now, but I'm sure I will watch quite a lot of it this week. Considering your other vids, I'm sure it'll be worthwhile.

I found some of the new maps to be overly bright (on the first common test). Are there any graphic settings we could use to tone it down? Or any mods perhaps?

The Gamma setting is still there, you can use that to damp things down.  Also personally I use the "Deep" filter, again makes it a hair darker plus more vibrant colors that show better after recording and re-compressing by YouTube.

Edited by 4TankersAndDog_US, 20 March 2018 - 10:23 PM.

4TankersAndDog_US #5 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

Baldrickk #6 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30527 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Disagree on map changes.  There are a lot of subtle changes that affect the maps.

Take valley on Karelia for example.
You used to be abke to hulldown in a, for example; Caernarvon, by the rocks using the undulating terrain around them.

Thats now no longer possible. The ground is flat as a pancake.

The only hulldown location is away from the rocks in the gully. The gully that has sides that are now too steep to use to make you hulldown using depression. The sides are too high to aim over on the flat, and raising the front of your tank enough to get your gun over beats your gun's depression angles.
Not to mention that you have no other cover. Say hello to arty!

djuro900 #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16829 battles

Sorry but i completely disagree about map changes. Its not fake news, maps are flatter and thats the fact. They removed most small bumps(hillocks) on open areas where previously you could hide and lose line of sight from camping td-s.

Not to mention prochorovka where middle is much flattet so campers can shoot whay easier when spotting middle 

Edited by djuro900, 22 March 2018 - 03:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users