• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Somnorila #21 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55694 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View PostLohend, on 21 March 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

To be fair ~200k per month for a company this size would be disaster. If you cut the teams and stop development, game will die soon after. 

Maybe. But this was only on EU so worldwide there were more players.

I'm not sure but i suppose that around 50 people would be more than enough to keep and develop this game alone. Everyone getting about  10k of the spoils it would be left like 150k for the rest of the activity. Maybe is too low but that's entirely subjective i would say because in some areas that amount is more than enough to even keep your own servers. Keep in mind that the money are coming monthly and servers have longer life span, only taxes, wages and other services like electricity costs you every month. So yeah, it may be too little but at the same time too much, i didn't made an impact study. Both ways are possible, specially when we're talking about 200k users every night. It's not that much, specially how WoT traffic seems to be pretty light. 

Lohend #22 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44075 battles

View PostSomnorila, on 21 March 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Maybe. But this was only on EU so worldwide there were more players.

I'm not sure but i suppose that around 50 people would be more than enough to keep and develop this game alone. Everyone getting about  10k of the spoils it would be left like 150k for the rest of the activity. Maybe is too low but that's entirely subjective i would say because in some areas that amount is more than enough to even keep your own servers. Keep in mind that the money are coming monthly and servers have longer life span, only taxes, wages and other services like electricity costs you every month. So yeah, it may be too little but at the same time too much, i didn't made an impact study. Both ways are possible, specially when we're talking about 200k users every night. It's not that much, specially how WoT traffic seems to be pretty light. 

Well even 200k for EU cluster would not cover the expenses of server hosting/upkeep/renewal, connections, electricity, personal costs, taxes etc. Even if you had 200k just to spend between "workers" it would leave investors and owners near empty handed. Its a business after all. 200k per day would start to add up so about 6 million per month for server cluster, yet profit stats are available for research if you want to investigate. 
On topic, I have nothing against tanks like this being introduced to the game. It has weakspots and also strong points. You can fight it with tier 6 tanks when you have any experience. Wont break game so go for it WG, good job.

IncandescentGerbil #23 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
Disappointed to see the S&M doesn't come with black leather armour and a whip for its secondary armament.

Balc0ra #24 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Vs the 50 100 it will kill lower tiers as effective, but has less bust damage still. So it won't be as effective vs most equal or higher tiers. But reload is way faster, so 2K dpm for a clip gun is actually good. 2K dpm for a HT with that mobility less so. But turret is paper on most areas vs even lower tiers. Cupola is like 112mm and the cheeks of the oscillating turret is 140mm. So it's not invisible at least.

Geno1isme #25 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41470 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostSomnorila, on 21 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

First, your math is just wrong: 50 people getting 10k each -> 500k costs, not 50k, quite a difference. Or you mean 50 people getting 1k each?

Second, 20k premium accounts don't translate into 200k income per month: Quite a few people (not everyone of course) only buy premium time in larger quantities and when it's on discount, saving like 40% upfront. Or just pay with gold from other sources. And then there is stuff like payment processors that want their share and taxes to pay. Obviously only WG knows the real numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if a premium account on average would yield less than 5 euro in revenue.

And about costs, none of us have any idea how much hardware WG is actually operating. What we see in game as "servers" are actually clusters consisting of likely dozens of servers, and on top of that there are a ton of support systems as well. That could easily be a hundred servers in total if not way more. Professional hosting isn't cheap either, we're talking enterprise stuff here after all, not your run-of-the-mill VPS offer. Doesn't matter if you rent hosting or run your own DC.

Lets just assume WG-Paris operates 100 servers each costing 1k per month on average (including hardware, replacements, traffic, support, power, ...). Then say 50 employes in the Paris office each costing about 5k per month (not just wage, but also office space, equipment and so on). That's already almost twice as much as your 200k income estimate, and I'd consider those numbers to be a very low estimate. Then you're only covering operating cost, no profits, marketing or funding for further development (as that isn't done by WG-Paris).

Mind I'm sure WG makes more than a healthy profit from EU. But talking numbers is just stupid with no information about how WG actually operates.

NoobySkooby #26 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10829 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 21 March 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

Not a single one of the French autoloaders are OP, and neither is this.

It isn't worth it imo, the tank looks lackluster due to bad armour and bad mobility, the gun isn't enough to make up for that.

If you want an armoured French T8 premium, get Liberte. If you want a T8 French autoloader, get Lorr 40t.

I have the Libertie, looked and felt good when I got it, now I rarely play it, feels somehow underwhelming, so that in itself put me off buying this one, as i got stung buy buying an STG the other week, I now am so cautious about what I buy.

CptBarney #27 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

good thing it isn't well armoured otherwise it would be a pain to deal with. too bad they don't get rid of the amx 65t or buff or get it to lead into a thrid heavy tank tree (if possible) and maybe swap it for the amx m4 49 but oh well.

they should of released a tier 8 french light tank.

can't wait to play the 1.0 version. although i hope the gun sounds aren't the same.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #28 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9508 battles
I have bought it, shall play later, but jees looking at some replays its a monster, its a bide your time tank come out and clip them dead, rinse repeat. Also if you have a great crew and run food I think its a winner just my 2 cents.

Simeon85 #29 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles
According to the masses on the QB review video it's OP, which means we can can comfortably confirm it's not. 

Archaean #30 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
If we are going to use the classification of OP for this new autoloader, what will we call the Defender then?

Geno1isme #31 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41470 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostArchaean, on 21 March 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

If we are going to use the classification of OP for this new autoloader, what will we call the Defender then?

Defender is beyond any classification.

panter22 #32 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14991 battles
P2W baybe P2W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users