bring'em back!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MarcoStrapone #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32552 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

an open words. non constructive post but the reality in battles that can end this game or slow it in the future

in the last few monthes all i can see is, wot passing a revolution of the players playing in this game

honestly, the level of the players that playing in this game no more good as it was.

all i can see is unprofessional players which not effort for nothing. do not know little how to play a proper battle, their acting like bots

what i am NOT see at those last monthes is the old good players that built and run this game and made him to be intrested,

not top clans players at randoms, but just few, and if i am see one, he cant hold too long because bad team (so he play for his own), the result is bad stats for him, and then he run away, not playing randoms but clans battle, (which is not affect his stats).

i can have it, but not understand how long it will run the middle players or those that like to play randoms to keep play this game.

the battles are becoming worst and worst.

i know that clans are changing their names or split up but as an old player i also know how to recognzied good team at the start of the battle

and those badges going along the names are so confusing to think there is good player beside the badge.

much appreciate understanding the understatement. :rolleyes:

Gardar7 #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22683 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

"all i can see is unprofessional players"

Maybe because for most of us it is just a game with which we spend our minimal amount of free time. Our profession is not being a WoT player. Anyway, you are lucky that it is your profession, I wish you a lot of succes in your career. 

MarcoStrapone #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32552 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostGardar7, on 21 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

"all i can see is unprofessional players"

Maybe because for most of us it is just a game with which we spend our minimal amount of free time. Our profession is not being a WoT player. Anyway, you are lucky that it is your profession, I wish you a lot of succes in your career. 

what a smart boy.

de facto, what are you doing here?

play the unprofessional? :facepalm:

22k battles?

Renesco #4 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20020 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
I'm a pretty professional player. I get up at 7am to shower and shave, then I put on my best suit and brogues and sit down in front of my PC for 8am sharp to play some internet tank battles.

Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33033 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Maybe the "good old players" are dead tired of constantly running after WG bullsheep changes, balancing, etcetera... and they simply leave.

250swb #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRenesco, on 21 March 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

I'm a pretty professional player. I get up at 7am to shower and shave, then I put on my best suit and brogues and sit down in front of my PC for 8am sharp to play some internet tank battles.

Good to hear somebody has standards and doesn't play in his pajamas (so to speak).

Balc0ra #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
You've been playing since 2013 and only notice this now? I suspect the people making bot topics and ranting about bad teams more and more over the years would love to have the teams you have had of late then if you only started to notice this a few months ago.

ThinGun #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32775 battles
A professional makes a living from his actions.  I seriously doubt there are more than a handful of WoT players that fall into that category, despite many thinking of themselves as 'playing like a pro'.

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61051 battles

View Post250swb, on 21 March 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Good to hear somebody has standards and doesn't play in his pajamas (so to speak).

​Woah what's wrong with being dressed comfy while working from home? 

Homer_J #10 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm unprofessional and proud of it.

SABAOTH #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36377 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostRenesco, on 21 March 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

And the pay is good

Tom_Deekanarry #12 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4640 battles

Seems to me some guys are taking this game a bit too seriously!

You can't have good players unless there's bad players, as they said in the Incredible's, "When everyone's super, no one is"

I'm crap at this game and couldn't care less, I have a laugh with my mates, do dumb things, win occasionally and die a lot, and you know what, that's all I care about!

When supermen like the OP are paying for my game I will give a toss about his opinions!

SABAOTH #13 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36377 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostMajor_Madfokker, on 21 March 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

win occasionally and die a lot, and you know what, that's all I care about!

You have fun in being the dummy? Oh well...

Not that I disagree with some guys getting nuts with pixel tonks. :coin:

unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Dear Marco, 

While a lot of what you wrote gets lost because of I assume, translation problems, but the thing to remember is that this is a compluter game. 

To play the same game for 5 or 6 years, or more, takes a lot of dedication. I remember the first clan I joined. There was a core of players who took gaming seriously. They had good stats and even managed a small amount of success in Clan Wars. But over time their circumstances changed. They developed relationships outside of gaming, they married, had young families, and couldnt devote as much time to the game as they used to. They also had interests in other games, and as WoT becames a little stale for them they moved into playing other games, were online less and less and so the clan folded. 

Now some clans may get passed on to another member to run, but I imagine this story could apply to many clans and many of the "good" players of the past few years. 

You cant look at a game and judge it by the people that have left, because although some leave, as we know all to well, because they fell out of love with the game, or the game changed in a way they didnt like, or didnt change in a way they wanted it to. We know about them because they come to the forum and rage quit. Others just leave and we dont know the reasons why. It could just be that they got as far in WoT as they wanted to and another game came along that interested them and provided a different sort of challenge. 

You cannot expect all the people that start playing a game to remain playing it forever. Some people may, but I would guess that very many will not. 

The one thing is certain, the players do not "run" the game. They never have, and never will. The game maker will run the game whether some players dislike it or not. 

The only thing players can do, on a positive side, is to put forward suggestions to the makers, via the proper channels, or on a negative side, they can whinge, moan, complain, in forums, and/or leave. Every game needs new players to come in and it needs them to stay, at least for a reasonable time. While any game would like to retain the longer playing players, those players have to realise that, to survive, a game has to evolve, because that is what its players do. The game needs to move on, and players have to move on, sometimes that means accepting changes, other times it means leaving for pastures new. 

AliceUnchained #15 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 21 March 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

what a smart boy.

de facto, what are you doing here?

play the unprofessional? :facepalm:

22k battles?

And you're obviously not. Nice completely wrong use of 'De facto'... You clearly do not understand at all what it actually means, or how to use it in a sentence. 

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #16 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8971 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3
Google Translate ???

Erwin_Von_Braun #17 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36096 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 21 March 2018 - 06:52 PM, said: