Losing every game

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Lego_Fatman #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2033 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

So, i'm not a good player i get that. I also get that some games i play worse than i normally do. I also get that some tanks i am complete garbage in. But what i cannot understand is why no matter what i do, no matter what happens i am losing. Take for example my Jpanther: i have been too scared to play it because it felt like i just couldn't win (i had something like 49% win rate). So today i decided that i really wanted to play it (because i really like it) and so i started playing in my Jpanther. I think my win rate is now under 40%...

I have lost game after game after game. I cant remember the last time i won a game in that thing. The thing is, while i am most likely a very bad player, some game im putting in shot after shot, kill after kill and then my team decides to throw away a 4 kill lead and we lose.

Unfortunately this has been the case for everyone of my tanks today, so yeah... is it me? am i just so bad that every game i get i will lose because im not helping my team?

HugSeal #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

You believe minor swings in winrate are somehow determining your "real" winrate in teh tanks.

tl;dr

You have too few gamers played for winrate to show anything meaningful.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
New patch, new map layouts, old spots are not working as before due to new blinds spots etc, new background makes it harder for most to find the lay of the land. And most ppl are exploring and experimenting vs playing. So give ppl time to get used to the new maps, settings etc and it will be back to "normal".

Lego_Fatman #4 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2033 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostHugSeal, on 21 March 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

You believe minor swings in winrate are somehow determining your "real" winrate in teh tanks.

tl;dr

Oh, i assumed that i had enough games for it to be meaningful. Either way, the fact that i keep losing it highly annoying

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 March 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

New patch, new map layouts, old spots are not working as before due to new blinds spots etc, new background makes it harder for most to find the lay of the land. And most ppl are exploring and experimenting vs playing. So give ppl time to get used to the new maps, settings etc and it will be back to "normal".

Yeah i guess, maybe your right. I will admit that i have been really confused by the new maps.

ThinGun #5 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35828 battles

I played something like 5000 games before I found what I was doing wrong. Ignoring the fact that I was trying to learn the game in an E25 ....

Basically, I had to learn about the classes of tank, and that each class has different tactics (basically, you can't rush into the attack in arty and camping in a scout is stupid....).

Learn about how to play a particular tank class - forums can help, and there are plenty of article available with a Google search - but the best source of knowledge is YouTube.

Maybe join a teaching clan who will help you understand game mechanics and physics.

I'd recommend you try one class at a time, and then maybe focus on one or two tanks in that class.  You may well find that you don't even like playing some classes (lots of people don't like playing arty ...)

Whenever you feel you lost badly, try to think what you did wrong, and how you could have improved.  And try to avoid making the same mistake again (like ... how to peek, which bushes to use, where the escape routes are, how long you can submerge your tank ...)

Most importantly though ... don't sweat it.  Just aim for tiny improvements.  One day, you'll look back and realise how much better you've become, and how much you actually enjoy playing.

HugSeal #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostLego_Fatman, on 21 March 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Oh, i assumed that i had enough games for it to be meaningful. Either way, the fact that i keep losing it highly annoying

You have 50 games in your jagdpanther. That means winning or losing a game will result in a 2% winrate swing in that particular tank. Considering even the best of players don't manage more than 60-70% winrate solo. That means they carry 1-2 more games per 10 making them wins rather than losses. And even those players have  several games losstreaks. Now with 50 games played a losing streak of 5 games plummets your winrate by a bit under 10%.

It is still a 15v15 game and your own impact is limited.

Lego_Fatman #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2033 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostThinGun, on 21 March 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

I played something like 5000 games before I found what I was doing wrong. Ignoring the fact that I was trying to learn the game in an E25 ....

Basically, I had to learn about the classes of tank, and that each class has different tactics (basically, you can't rush into the attack in arty and camping in a scout is stupid....).

Learn about how to play a particular tank class - forums can help, and there are plenty of article available with a Google search - but the best source of knowledge is YouTube.

Maybe join a teaching clan who will help you understand game mechanics and physics.

I'd recommend you try one class at a time, and then maybe focus on one or two tanks in that class.  You may well find that you don't even like playing some classes (lots of people don't like playing arty ...)

Whenever you feel you lost badly, try to think what you did wrong, and how you could have improved.  And try to avoid making the same mistake again (like ... how to peek, which bushes to use, where the escape routes are, how long you can submerge your tank ...)

Most importantly though ... don't sweat it.  Just aim for tiny improvements.  One day, you'll look back and realise how much better you've become, and how much you actually enjoy playing.

Great advice thanks!

I will start focusing on what i'm doing wrong each game like u said and hopefully i will get better. 

View PostHugSeal, on 21 March 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

You have 50 games in your jagdpanther. That means winning or losing a game will result in a 2% winrate swing in that particular tank. Considering even the best of players don't manage more than 60-70% winrate solo. That means they carry 1-2 more games per 10 making them wins rather than losses. And even those players have  several games losstreaks. Now with 50 games played a losing streak of 5 games plummets your winrate by a bit under 10%.

It is still a 15v15 game and your own impact is limited.

Oh i never realized how much one win or one loss affected my win rate on that tank. That makes more sense now. Also i cant help but feel like some games the teams are highly unbalanced.

ThinGun #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35828 battles
One thing I 'worked out' is that WoT isn't really a team game.  The team's only goal is to win.  However, you have an personal goal to become better and improve your game, and that actually isn't dependent on winning - you can still rack up a lot of XP on the losing side.  It's a strange dichotomy - the best way to help your team is to play the best individual game you can.  Sure, you can do teamy stuff like taking shots to protect someone else, but the opportunity to play that way doesn't come that often.  Better to focus on farming damage/spotting - because the more you deliver, the better - for you and the team.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36954 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostHugSeal, on 21 March 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

tl;dr

I wanted to give you a positive vote just because of the tl;dr :D but I am out for today :(

panter22 #10 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15017 battles

View PostLego_Fatman, on 21 March 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

So, i'm not a good player i get that. I also get that some games i play worse than i normally do. I also get that some tanks i am complete garbage in. But what i cannot understand is why no matter what i do, no matter what happens i am losing. Take for example my Jpanther: i have been too scared to play it because it felt like i just couldn't win (i had something like 49% win rate). So today i decided that i really wanted to play it (because i really like it) and so i started playing in my Jpanther. I think my win rate is now under 40%...

I have lost game after game after game. I cant remember the last time i won a game in that thing. The thing is, while i am most likely a very bad player, some game im putting in shot after shot, kill after kill and then my team decides to throw away a 4 kill lead and we lose.

Unfortunately this has been the case for everyone of my tanks today, so yeah... is it me? am i just so bad that every game i get i will lose because im not helping my team?

I hate to say it but WG is running a secret RIG MM good vs bad this is in the game for years only top good players are invited to a rig MM

BertDastard #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 97702 battles
Feel for you dude and have the same problem often. I used to get Ace tanker couple of times each day but something changed up to a year ago. Now I'm lucky to ace once. I think it's probably the hit direction indicators which are far too accurate for td's and scouts to be effective. There is no guessing where you are now and the exact bush gets pounded. So more shoot and scoot maybe?

SABAOTH #12 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36954 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postpanter22, on 21 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

I hate to say it but WG is running a secret RIG MM good vs bad this is in the game for years only top good players are invited to a rig MM

I kenw it was a conspirancy! Now I have the proof! Darn WG :angry:

Bennie182 #13 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54874 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
this whole week has been utter trash. every day I played 3 games and mostly lost all 3. today I lost 4 and stopped playing. yay welcome to the new update that brings another losing streak..

OIias_of_Sunhillow #14 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24817 battles

View PostBennie182, on 23 March 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

this whole week has been utter trash. every day I played 3 games . today I lost 4.

:confused:

deviljin786 #15 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12147 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
J just had 9 losses and 1 win today, I quit for today and moved onto fortnite. 

JocMeister #16 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23885 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLego_Fatman, on 21 March 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

That reroll not working out so well eh? :trollface:

TheDayWeDie #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17514 battles

Ok, you rerolled and you expect some results. I see that your winrate is 53.07% which is not so bad. You lose some games, you win another games, this is World of Tanks.

Rerolling puts  a lot of pressure on you...you know....

Edited by TheDayWeDie, 23 March 2018 - 06:15 PM.

deviljin786 #18 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12147 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

Ok this is taking the piss now, 

i thought yesterday was a one off but it now seems you either get a absolutely stupid team who all go and yolo/ don't look at the mini-map 

or your team are full of bots? 

I've officially taken a break for at least a few patches as this is just ridiculous. unfair mm at its finest. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30520 battles
I'd just like to thank all of you who are 'losing every game' because it's really helping out with my own WR. Cheers guys!

HugSeal #20 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View Postdeviljin786, on 24 March 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

Ok this is taking the piss now, 

i thought yesterday was a one off but it now seems you either get a absolutely stupid team who all go and yolo/ don't look at the mini-map 

or your team are full of bots? 

I've officially taken a break for at least a few patches as this is just ridiculous. unfair mm at its finest. 

You are singled out to get the bad teams. Neverever do the opposing side consist of suiciding yoloers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users