fooled by wot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

imkiller69 #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14559 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-
At march 19th, about 09.15 am I invested in development of my hummel, crew experiences, equipment and camo.
Spent gold for commander experience 100%, camo spend credits and experience for better gun and tracks
In this replay you can clearly see the camo.( http://wotreplays.eu...killer69-hummel)
After the changes this I played again, but the server connection got lost.
When  the connection was restored, I continued with the Hummel
It took some time before I came aware that the camo was gone. A check after the game, It became clear, all the last changes 
(commanders experience, last gun and tracks) were gone also: :
http://wotreplays.eu...killer69-hummel
as you can see the camo is gone.

To get back my gold, credits and experience, I made a ticket. 
And today, after 2 days, Wot let me know that all was right and they have closed the ticket without solution. And I cant re-open it.
Edited

So Wot thank you for fooling me. although it is still not april 1st. ( this is sarcastic) 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 March 2018 - 12:25 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disclosing private messages

discontinued #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5434 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
boo hoo

Mike_Mckay #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16681 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

I would keep at it, a large portion of the WG support staff seem to be pretty inept, lazy or have the cognitive abilities of a rock. But dotted in amongst them are some professional support staff who actively take ownership of an issue, ACTUALLY bother to look into it rather than just fobbing you off with a canned/copy paste response and do actually solve issues although sadly the "we think youre full of crap plus we don't really care anyway because what are you gonna do if we fob you off" type responses tend to be the majority of them on the first try at least as it seems they are playing the numbers game knowing most people will give up when faced with unbothered dismissive support systems

Just keep restating your case, reopening the ticket and restating your proof that you did indeed have cammo on the vehicle whether or not they can manage (or be bothered to find it) by virtue of the replay

If the replay shows the cammo but WG logs have no record of it then the records are wrong, simple as that (or the staff didn't bother looking and are just full of verbally ejected effluent)

Either way stick with it, in time you might happen across one of the support staff who wants to do his job well even though the company doesn't seem bothered if they do or not and then you might get your ticket resolved

imkiller69 #4 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14559 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

Thank you for your support Mike, 

I have sent in a new ticket.

Although the damage is not large, It is all about the principle. I hope that they will get it.

Homer_J #5 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Did you buy camo for every map type?  If you only bought it for summer it won't show up on winter or desert maps.

imkiller69 #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14559 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

Yes bought camo 3 times,

set commander experience to 100%

researched and bought new gun and tracks

after the reconnection all was returned to the situation just before improvements were made

Edited by imkiller69, 21 March 2018 - 06:16 PM.

panter22 #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14928 battles
u you got scam by WG big time good luck with that and the autobot support center

SABAOTH #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postimkiller69, on 21 March 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Thank you for your support Mike, 

I have sent in a new ticket.

Although the damage is not large, It is all about the principle. I hope that they will get it.

You overestimate their AI if you think you can make any progress with ticketbots. :coin:

Aikl #9 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

In theory the support should be able to figure out what you've spent gold on. If you can document the purchase of X gold (e-mail, transaction ID) and the current balance being lower than X, that should kind of prove your case.

A lot of people on the forums probably want to see pretty pictures as well.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #10 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8963 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3
and how much, would the said gold value be 350 ? crikey fella if its hurting you that bad I will refund said gold, send me a message.

Edited by THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, 21 March 2018 - 07:56 PM.

Baldrickk #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29023 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Did the gold definitely go from your account or did it roll back too?

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAikl, on 21 March 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

In theory the support should be able to figure out what you've spent gold on. If you can document the purchase of X gold (e-mail, transaction ID) and the current balance being lower than X, that should kind of prove your case.

Well looking at the Support answer, they have checked that, and noticed none of what OP claims actually took place. Can't check the replays, as they won't run on version 1.0.0 it seems, but replays are over 2 Hours apart... The first replay has timestamp 09:14, and it would appear to actually be the interrupted one as it contains no data on any of the player's performance. It also would have ended before the alleged server interruption at 09:30.

Now if OP can't even get the timestamps right, when they're actually stated in the replays provided, I get the impression OP here isn't to strong om details and paying attention (even states 2 different estimates as to when server issue occurred). As such, I'd put more trust in the response from Support that none of it actually transpired than I would in what OP claims. And if  there actually was any such server issue, I'd expect more threads/posts about progress lost.

Edit: Another thought would be that if there's no data in the logs, it could mean server state got reverted to just before and anything spent by OP was returned (or never really deducted).

Edited by AliceUnchained, 21 March 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Aikl #13 Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAliceUnchained, on 21 March 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

(...)

Kind of trying to baiting OP into doing some hilariously elaborate work photoshopping his 'proof', mate. 

This is the Internet; chances of OP being correct are about the same as your name actually being Alice (yes, I get the reference).

AliceUnchained #14 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAikl, on 21 March 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Kind of trying to baiting OP into doing some hilariously elaborate work photoshopping his 'proof', mate. 

This is the Internet; chances of OP being correct are about the same as your name actually being Alice (yes, I get the reference).

Heh, I'd say chances my name actually is Alice are far, far greater...

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16681 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostAikl, on 21 March 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

It takes days just to get a first response to tickets a lot of the time

But the logs are only there until you log out (odd that lol) and as they use the in game currency option due to its advantage with dodging regional legal requirements for satisfactory minimum levels of customer support and satisfaction there is no "paper trail" other than the WG logs and the replay

Baldrickk #16 Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29023 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostMike_Mckay, on 22 March 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

But the logs are only there until you log out (odd that lol) and as they use the in game currency option due to its advantage with dodging regional legal requirements for satisfactory minimum levels of customer support and satisfaction there is no "paper trail" other than the WG logs and the replay

WG log all transactions that can/do involve gold, for pretty much this reason. 

For instance, when I "lost" a crew once, they were able to see where they had gone, quite some time later 

Edited by Baldrickk, 22 March 2018 - 12:51 AM.

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16681 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 March 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

WG log all transactions that can/do involve gold, for pretty much this reason.

For instance, when I "lost" a crew once, they were able to see where they had gone, quite some time later

Which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot when WG "claim" they cant find a transaction

The logs I was referring to are the ones WE get in game which is blanked each time you log out, otherwise we could check back ourselves to find a gold transaction

Homer_J #18 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMike_Mckay, on 21 March 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

But the logs are only there until you log out (odd that lol) 

Rubbish.

I've seen plenty of cases where people have questioned where their gold has gone and WG has been able to give a detailed breakdown of what was spent, when, and on what.

The logs I was referring to are the ones WE get in game which is blanked each time you log out, otherwise we could check back ourselves to find a gold transaction

And what use would they be?  No more use than OP's dodgy memory.

Edited by Homer_J, 22 March 2018 - 01:15 AM.

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16681 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostHomer_J, on 22 March 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Rubbish.

I've seen plenty of cases where people have questioned where their gold has gone and WG has been able to give a detailed breakdown of what was spent, when, and on what.

And what use would they be?  No more use than OP's dodgy memory.

Which is a bit like saying "Ive seen plenty of cases where planes land safely therefore no plane has ever crashed in the history of flight"

As for the other log, just as much use as the WG logs are to WG, so someone can see what, when or if they made a transaction. Kind of obvious really

This wouldn't just help speed up valid support tickets but could also negate erroneous ones where someone was mistaken over a purchase as they could see themselves and avoid needing to waste support staff time copying and pasting a pointless response

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 22 March 2018 - 02:20 AM.

Homer_J #20 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMike_Mckay, on 22 March 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Which is a bit like saying "Ive seen plenty of cases where planes land safely therefore no plane has ever crashed in the history of flight"

No, not really.  Not at all.

It's like saying that WG keep logs because they keep logs.  And there's no point in you having a log because you could easily fake one so if it doesn't match the one WG has then you are not going to get anywhere anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users