WoT 1.0 , OBJ 257 and damn, I'm tired of snow.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Etre_ #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

On the topic of WoT 1.0, opening multiple threads because "mine is cooler", OBJ 257 being OP or not .... I present to you my first tank 3 marked in WoT 1.0:

Spoiler

OBJ 257:

- Is not OP but is the exact kind of tank WG loves. RNG heaven. In a close, more static fight is easier to pen but on the move, from distance, randomly bounces shots like a boss. 

- The gun is good for the package

- For those wondering, the final push for 3 marks was with 4100 dpg. 

Regarding WoT:

- The new graphics are okish but I don't like the high contrast. As for FPS despite high values the games feels a bit sluggish.

- Maps are crap. Abbey water is a dead end. No way to escape from there if the entire enemy team is coming to you. Some of the walls are higher and can't be shot through on other maps. Erlenberg middle is a maze. Overall feels like a combination of corridors and open spaces  surrounded by vegetation ... HTs and TDs heaven.

- I don't like the minimaps, too dark. 

Well, there it is. Have fun, feel free to return to your other 101 WoT 1.0 topics.

Call_me_BamBam #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15984 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

Marked in 1.0 

View PostEtre_, on 21 March 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

On the topic of WoT 1.0, opening multiple threads because "mine is cooler", OBJ 257 being OP or not .... I present to you my first tank 3 marked in WoT 1.0:

Spoiler

OBJ 257:

- Is not OP but is the exact kind of tank WG loves. RNG heaven. In a close, more static fight is easier to pen but on the move, from distance, randomly bounces shots like a boss. 

- The gun is good for the package

- For those wondering, the final push for 3 marks was with 4100 dpg. 

Regarding WoT:

- The new graphics are okish but I don't like the high contrast. As for FPS despite high values the games feels a bit sluggish.

- Maps are crap. Abbey water is a dead end. No way to escape from there if the entire enemy team is coming to you. Some of the walls are higher and can't be shot through on other maps. Erlenberg middle is a maze. Overall feels like a combination of corridors and open spaces  surrounded by vegetation ... HTs and TDs heaven.

Well, there it is. Have fun, feel free to return to your other 101 WoT 1.0 topics.

Congratz mate 

257 is not OP, its solid tank

TankkiPoju #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20270 battles

Game has too many firing lines and base camping TDs, so WG adds obstacles and twisted corridors to counter that. And nerfed TDs

Game has too many obstacles and twisted corridors so WG make maps flat and more open with WoT 1.0

Game has too again too many about firing lanes and base camping TDs.

Aaaand the cycle continues.

Many maps do feel like they have even more certain pushes that just win games if you get few tanks with you. Is it even possible to lose game from Fjords east spawn when the most of team goes north and just sweeps the enemy.

Likewise assault maps are even worse now. Good luck pushing against invisible TDs... it's kind of like WoT back in 2012-2013.

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Regarding WoT:

Noticed that too. It feels like the entire game is in slow motion and looks worse that in SB back then. 

spuriousmonkey #5 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44154 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 March 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Game has too many firing lines and base camping TDs, so WG adds obstacles and twisted corridors to counter that. And nerfed TDs

Game has too many obstacles and twisted corridors so WG make maps flat and more open with WoT 1.0

Game has too again too many about firing lanes and base camping TDs.

Aaaand the cycle continues.

Many maps do feel like they have even more certain pushes that just win games if you get few tanks with you. Is it even possible to lose game from Fjords east spawn when the most of team goes north and just sweeps the enemy.

Likewise assault maps are even worse now. Good luck pushing against invisible TDs... it's kind of like WoT back in 2012-2013.

Indeed, but doesn't it feel as if the map designers never played the game sometimes? Or at least not on some meaningful manner. It's very rare that the community will say: "WG did a great job on improving this map". 

Is that a coincidence or is it because WG map designers are bad WoT players?

Yaccay #6 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32774 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

Regarding WoT:

I also notice this.

I was wondering: is it me or a real thing.

Now the effect is confirmed.

Cuck0osNest #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8924 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
What an  ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶e̶r̶  player

250swb #8 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22585 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEtre_, on 21 March 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

The new graphics are okish but I don't like the high contrast. As for FPS despite high values the games feels a bit sluggish.

Although turning down the contrast may seem like the obvious answer (Custom Settings) try turning down the colour saturation first, then tweak contrast, it also gets rid of the orange glow over everything. For the 'slow motion' feeling try turning 'Motion Blur' down to 0%, it's set at 100% by default. 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66235 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Regarding WoT:

Play around with the contrast color adjustment settings then. They have some pre settings that makes it look better. I did end up using the "Deep" one as it's darker. 

And as for maps. Well can you blame them? If you look at all the map whine topics over the years. Inc light whine topics. You can see why they did some of the things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users