MAC USERS - (maybe PC too?) - Easy to implement massive performance boost for 1.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Badz360 #1 Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9926 battles

This worked for me - I did a complete uninstall of the game and re-installed fresh.

No other tweaks - and when I went into the fresh install the recommended settings were 'High' instead of 'Minimum' when I just did normal update.

Worth a try. Please follow code weavers guide to complete uninstall:

https://www.codeweav...ld-of-tanks-mac

Let me know if it works for you too.

Aine #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18251 battles
  • [MCARD] MCARD

You do realise, that the game loads only what it needs?

Deleting your res_mods, mods and update folder is doing the same, then reinstalling the whole game and its faster.

Edited by Aine, 22 March 2018 - 01:21 PM.

Badz360 #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9926 battles

Run no mods, but even if you are right - just giving a suggestion to others.

After updating from 9.22 to 1.0 - if I switched on ‘improved graphics’ and kept all graphic options at their lowest level - just going back to garage and I had black ground and painfully slow fps/camera turning.

After fresh install - the system automatically set me to ‘High’ (improved graphics and many high settings) - and the garage looked much better and was smooth. If a few folders cause such a dramatic performance difference - it’s a bit strange.

But hey ho - if both options work - thats now 2sugfestions for people to try if their performance is struggling since update. I am lucky enough to have a fast connection (250Mbit) so no real hassle for me to go the longer route.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users