Jump to content


I Love 1.0 everything about it is great

I love 1.0

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Edweird #1 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9687 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

i just thought I would throw this out there seeing as so many people seem to have nothing but negative responses to the 1.0 update / upgrade even if they only played a handfull of battles.

 

Tish & pish i say to you...give it a chance

 

The graphics look incredible, I love the shock-wave coming off the muzzle..this is quite realistic as are the shells flying through the air.It looks cool to see an allied arty's shell arc across the screen.

the improvements in sound are also nice the guns sound slightly more realistic..Cant wait to test it on my buddy -Jorsh- 's Super dooper gaming PC with surround sound. Its surely gonna disturb the neighbors tomorrow :)

 

We are all having to relearn the maps and I'm sure some classes will become harder to play and other will start to dominate..(light tanks) Positions that prevously worked have now changed.

 

Surely this is a good thing, why are so many players resistant to change, are there that many autistic types playing that any change causes a meltdown?

 

I enjoyed playing on the test sever and last night even though i had a horrendous losing streak down to my teams esstially being too scared to move off the cap. I still was kicking out masses of damage as so many people didn't know the new and good hidey places are.Shh I'm not telling :sceptic:

 

 

I'm sure some people who started playing recently will  feel  a little annoyed as they may have just got to grips with the old maps, but we have a choice either move on or move out.

 

Finnaly and I think this is indeed by far the most positive aspect the new update has stopped many potato pc players from playing.

 

We should all be thankful to Wargaming, that little Johnny, Hans, & Ivan's Craptop that daddy gave them as a hand me down, will no longer be able to plague the game with awful playing and abusive language.

 

Thank you wargaming this is brilliant onwards and upwards.

 

:)

 

 

 

 


Edited by discontinued, 22 March 2018 - 01:19 PM.


Kozzy #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

I'm loving that the forum is filling up with threads about 1.0 and no bobs are posting about the game being rigged against them in some way.

 

Will still have to get used to the maps, does anyone know if the physics has in anyway changed along with the maps?  I get the feels that my tanks (LTs particularly) are more sluggish now (this could just be me being a nabsack).



Edweird #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9687 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

View PostKozzy, on 22 March 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

 I get the feels that my tanks (LTs particularly) are more sluggish now (this could just be me being a nabsack).

 

Yeah i noticed that too,

 

The tanks do seem a little slower I thought it was just me?



Ziurawka #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21525 battles
  • 436
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

View PostKozzy, on 22 March 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'm loving that the forum is filling up with threads about 1.0 and no bobs are posting about the game being rigged against them in some way.

 

Will still have to get used to the maps, does anyone know if the physics has in anyway changed along with the maps?  I get the feels that my tanks (LTs particularly) are more sluggish now (this could just be me being a nabsack).

 

I noticed a lot more sliding and / or rolling especially in the LTTB. Didn't even lose any HP cause LTTB just sometimes likes to stand on it's head so I can't complain.

In the long term it will probably force me to stop zig-zagging as much as I do. 

 

And yes, we have to get used to them. A lot of positions I used are simply no longer there or changed dramatically. 

Also - there is little to no synergy with the teams as everyone seems to be exploring on their own a lot ;) 

It will eventually all even out I guess.

 

Btw. Has anyone seen Prokho or Malinovka at all?

 



Kozzy #5 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostZiurawka, on 22 March 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

 

I noticed a lot more sliding and / or rolling especially in the LTTB. Didn't even lose any HP cause LTTB just sometimes likes to stand on it's head so I can't complain.

In the long term it will probably force me to stop zig-zagging as much as I do. 

 

And yes, we have to get used to them. A lot of positions I used are simply no longer there or changed dramatically. 

Also - there is little to no synergy with the teams as everyone seems to be exploring on their own a lot ;) 

It will eventually all even out I guess.

 

Btw. Has anyone seen Prokho or Malinovka at all?

 

 

I feel like I noticed my T54lwt having real trouble climbing small rocky sections - lots of scrabbling about and not going anywhere.  Acceleration and turning seemed off (could be the feels, again).  Also, I swear something has changed with spotting.  I seem to get spotted (and spot) from MUCH further way.  Anyone else get this?  Any real way to prove/disprove this?

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20443 battles
  • 6,205
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postdiscontinued, on 22 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

The tanks do seem a little slower I thought it was just me?

 

I thought the same, but its probably an illusion caused by the added graphics outside the actual playing area.

 

Like if you see a very distant object like castle or housing or forest, it appears you are moving slowly because the object is so far away.



Sirebellus #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19206 battles
  • 549
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016
New Physics ? I managed to turn a T5 heavy (VK30-01H) on it's side going through a gap in the houses on Ensk (ran the track up a wall)
Never managed to do that in a 9.## game, but maybe I'd just never hit the house at just the right angle before

Hedgehog1963 #8 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51290 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
With the sole caveat theat there's a sound bug on taking damage I think the game really has moved into a very nice modern era. Some maps seem the same but others have changed almost behond recongnition.  Going down the East side of Erlnberg from the North is pretty hard.  The centre of Fisherman's Bay is very flat with little cover.  Fjords is all very different.

SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16466 battles
  • 2,162
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Agreed, the new 1.0 update is amazing and i think its a great achievement to show how far they have come on making the game better, i mean sure it has its annoyances but no way as bad as other players like to make it out as and instead just enjoy giving it a hard time or taking way to seriously and dont learn to adjust and adapt and this game has been brilliant throughout my time playing it and not once had any hate with it and all i have to say to the WG team is well done for making such an awesome game and i only wish for it to get better and them to listen more to the player base to get it more popular :) 

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 22 March 2018 - 02:14 PM.


8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 66643 battles
  • 3,350
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Could be the good games I've had today, but I'm warming up to it. The maps are starting to feel better and how can you not love the look of an ELC on snow. :)

_Anarchistic_ #11 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39048 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
this thread needs to be closed as it is too constructive and clearly therefore untrue

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37613 battles
  • 4,365
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
I think there are more terrain types than their used to be to more ground resistances.

Kozzy #13 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 22 March 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think there are more terrain types than their used to be to more ground resistances.

 

I read something similar to this earlier.  Could explain why things may feel more sluggish i.e. there may be less terrain marked as 'hard' etc...

jabster #14 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,456
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKozzy, on 22 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

 

I read something similar to this earlier.  Could explain why things may feel more sluggish i.e. there may be less terrain marked as 'hard' etc...

 

Naaahhh, the game is picking on you due to your proprofessional stonk tenk skillz. As one tinfoil hat is consigned to the rubbish bin another is reborn.

Joggaman #15 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24010 battles
  • 6,326
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 22 March 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Could be the good games I've had today, but I'm warming up to it. The maps are starting to feel better and how can you not love the look of an ELC on snow. :)

 

I'm thinking it would be fun if I flipped over my ELC EVEN on Glacier-middle. Only the tracks would be over the snow:P

Also, first thing I tried on that map was to see if the ice was slippery. Sadly it wasn't. That would have been an awesome race track for LT-races!



Kozzy #16 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postjabster, on 22 March 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

Naaahhh, the game is picking on you due to your proprofessional stonk tenk skillz. As one tinfoil hat is consigned to the rubbish bin another is reborn.

 



Strizi #17 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37028 battles
  • 611
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011


Edweird #18 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9687 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017


Simeon85 #19 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,025
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013


Archaean #20 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15179 battles
  • 1,181
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostKozzy, on 22 March 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'm loving that the forum is filling up with threads about 1.0 and no bobs are posting about the game being rigged against them in some way.

 

Will still have to get used to the maps, does anyone know if the physics has in anyway changed along with the maps?  I get the feels that my tanks (LTs particularly) are more sluggish now (this could just be me being a nabsack).

 

¨Game is rigged, don't deny it WG appologist!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users