Jump to content


A Luchs just disappeared while I was chasing and firing on him in the open?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

NoPoet406 #1 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2408 battles
  • 494
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

I was just in a T-28, it was looking to be a victory for us, and I was pursuing an enemy Luchs in the open on Phrokorovka with minimal bushes and one tree near the Luchs. I was actively firing on him. Suddenly he just disappeared from the open. I was wary but kept going, knowing he was still reloading, but could not locate him - then he miraculously appeared in the bushes by the long road (behind me) and killed me easily. He then re-appeared neared near our arty in the opposite corner of the map, killing it, then set off back to defend his base from our last remaining player, eventually killing him.

 

Have they changed camo mechanics? Was this a glitch? This has literally never happened before and it almost certainly cost us the win.

 

 



Gimp01 #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8357 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-13-2017

Happens a lot for me since Patch

Enemy vanishes once he enters my field of vision kills me and reappears after



panter22 #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14991 battles
  • 382
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostNoPoet406, on 22 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

I was just in a T-28, it was looking to be a victory for us, and I was pursuing an enemy Luchs in the open on Phrokorovka with minimal bushes and one tree near the Luchs. I was actively firing on him. Suddenly he just disappeared from the open. I was wary but kept going, knowing he was still reloading, but could not locate him - then he miraculously appeared in the bushes by the long road (behind me) and killed me easily. He then re-appeared neared near our arty in the opposite corner of the map, killing it, then set off back to defend his base from our last remaining player, eventually killing him.

 

Have they changed camo mechanics? Was this a glitch? This has literally never happened before and it almost certainly cost us the win.

 

 

*edited*


Edited by Daxeno, 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being non-constructive.


SABAOTH #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 22 March 2018 - 04:34 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being off-topic.


Jigabachi #5 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,560
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
 

*edited* 

 

 

@ topic: Patches can bring quite some bugs, but still: Replay.


Edited by Daxeno, 22 March 2018 - 04:35 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being off-topic conflict.


CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35894 battles
  • 3,822
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 22 March 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

, but still: Replay.

 

Yep, my guess is a replay would explain it.

ederfe #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14533 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    01-13-2015
If the Luchs had 100% camo skill and paint and you dont have optics but do have vents and crew at 100% and you were further than 247m. Then everything went as expected according to http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

Edited by ederfe, 22 March 2018 - 04:02 PM.


Balc0ra #8 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,457
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

*edited*

 

Then again based on the map, and how that looks now. You usually don't have to drive far to cut off LOS, even in the open. Even OP's commander could be dead and he did not notice it, cutting his view range down. So not necessarily a bug.

 

 


Edited by Daxeno, 22 March 2018 - 04:36 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being off-topic.


Simeon85 #9 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,313
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postederfe, on 22 March 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

If the Luchs had 100% camo skill and paint and you dont have optics but do have vents and crew at 100% and you were further than 247m. Then everything went as expected according to http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

 

This, a Luchs maxed out for camo has 36% camo on the move, even with no bushes, if the T28 has no optics then it would not be able to see the Luchs at 240m. 

 

Easily could be a 150 - 170m window where a moving luchs can out spot a moving T28. 



NoPoet406 #10 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2408 battles
  • 494
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 22 March 2018 - 04:37 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being non-constructive.


Steve8066 #11 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11199 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015
the reasons given here are fair enough, but i hope when it happens to you and the disappearing tank is less than 75m away from you, that you realise its not camo or vents or binos, just bugs. Happened twice to me yesterday, which i just put down to patch day, nothing today so far.

vasilinhorulezz #12 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22780 battles
  • 1,097
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View PostSteve8066, on 22 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

the reasons given here are fair enough, but i hope when it happens to you and the disappearing tank is less than 75m away from you, that you realise its not camo or vents or binos, just bugs. Happened twice to me yesterday, which i just put down to patch day, nothing today so far.

 

And that's why the name "Steve the IS7 driver" was invented.

Also,

replay?


Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 22 March 2018 - 05:15 PM.


xtrem3x #13 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31644 battles
  • 1,354
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

LOL

 

Best thread ever!!!



HugSeal #14 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 2,010
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostSteve8066, on 22 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

the reasons given here are fair enough, but i hope when it happens to you and the disappearing tank is less than 75m away from you, that you realise its not camo or vents or binos, just bugs. Happened twice to me yesterday, which i just put down to patch day, nothing today so far.

 

No one says desyncs doesn't happen, although people tend to understate distances in this game 

 

But chasing a luchs in a tank with poor viewrange and not being able to keep it lit is not desync, it's just spotting mechanics. 



jabster #15 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHugSeal, on 22 March 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

 

No one says desyncs doesn't happen, although people tend to understate distances in this game 

 

But chasing a luchs in a tank with poor viewrange and not being able to keep it lit is not desync, it's just spotting mechanics. 

 

Normally I’d agree but as there’s just been a major update I’m certainly open to the idea that there’s some interesting little features waiting to be discovered. As an example I just had a game in the Val II where I entered the game late and the mini map suggested it was two a side. Going forward and then twenty seconds or so later the rest of the teams magically appeared.

NoPoet406 #16 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2408 battles
  • 494
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

Well since my last post was "not constructive", let me re-state it in "constructive" terms. I have been finding that my tanks have been extraordinarily accurate today: Crusader, which is accurate anyway but has been on a roll today; T-28, which is normally quite accurate but has made some ridiculously good shots today; and the KV1S, which I am discovering to be an absolute beast in almost every possible respect. Seriously - do other tier 5 heavy/medium tanks need to exist when the KV1S does their jobs to perfection?

 

My Soviet tanks do lag behind my Brit tanks in crew training etc. I also usually play TDs and LTs, so jumping into big, blind Soviet tanks is something of a culture shock. Thankfully their viewing range and limited gun depression are their only weaknesses. They have mobility, armour, alpha and much better accuracy than their stats suggest. Playing the Soviet heavy line is like playing WoT on easy mode.



AliceUnchained #17 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38173 battles
  • 8,814
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postjabster, on 22 March 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Normally I’d agree but as there’s just been a major update I’m certainly open to the idea that there’s some interesting little features waiting to be discovered. As an example I just had a game in the Val II where I entered the game late and the mini map suggested it was two a side. Going forward and then twenty seconds or so later the rest of the teams magically appeared.

 

Always a possibility of course but providing a replay really should be considered the minimum as it can either A.) rule out any bugs, or B.) actually hint at a glitch or bug. 

 

View PostNoPoet406, on 22 March 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well since my last post was "not constructive", let me re-state it in "constructive" terms. I have been finding that my tanks have been extraordinarily accurate today: Crusader, which is accurate anyway but has been on a roll today; T-28, which is normally quite accurate but has made some ridiculously good shots today; and the KV1S, which I am discovering to be an absolute beast in almost every possible respect. Seriously - do other tier 5 heavy/medium tanks need to exist when the KV1S does their jobs to perfection?

 

My Soviet tanks do lag behind my Brit tanks in crew training etc. I also usually play TDs and LTs, so jumping into big, blind Soviet tanks is something of a culture shock. Thankfully their viewing range and limited gun depression are their only weaknesses. They have mobility, armour, alpha and much better accuracy than their stats suggest. Playing the Soviet heavy line is like playing WoT on easy mode.

 

But what does any of this have to do with your starting post? You're going off-topic in the very topic you've created... Still, on-topic on this off-topic post; scored a 100% hit rate yesterday which almost never happens to me anymore playing WoT.

 

Edit: Scored a 100% hit rate today with Tier V Swedish Strv as well. Weird. 

 


Edited by AliceUnchained, 22 March 2018 - 08:10 PM.


Bordhaw #18 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 10884 battles
  • 2,008
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017
*Edited* by me lol

Edited by Bordhaw, 22 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.


Homer_J #19 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postjabster, on 22 March 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

 

Normally I’d agree but as there’s just been a major update I’m certainly open to the idea that there’s some interesting little features waiting to be discovered. 

Even more reason to say...

 

Replay?



jabster #20 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAliceUnchained, on 22 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

Always a possibility of course but providing a replay really should be considered the minimum as it can either A.) rule out any bugs, or B.) actually hint at a glitch or bug. 

 

 

Oh I do agree as it’s not as though there’s been an avalanche of sane posters reporting the same thing. Without a replay it just starts to be guessing and the most reasonable guess is, it didn’t happen as the OP described.

 

As an aside just had another game where I loaded late and the mini-map was like a ghost town for twenty seconds or so. I’m also get freezes (the ping also goes sky high) at the start of the game. Rather weird as playing yesterday was all fine. For me there does seem to be some foible with v1.0 and my system. Just have to work out what it is. (Waits for cries of you need to buy an SSD).






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users