A Luchs just disappeared while I was chasing and firing on him in the open?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kalashnikova_blyat #21 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42468 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND
There is a bug with light tanks happening to me as well one black bulldog 50m away just vanish when i unloading on him :( 

Koriin #22 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12995 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Well, sorry in advance as I have no replays either, but after playing a few games I had the feeling something wierd was going on with the spotting mechanics. Quite some of my tanks my thanks with (close to) max view range only where able to spot the enemey at below 200m.

For example, a T-80 popped up next to my chaffee at about 50m. Yes, there where quite some bushes, but I had a feeling this didnt happen often before 1.0. I would like to add that the T-80 didnt play that strong, which makes me feel like it was a rather new player (so no fully skilled crew).

That is just 1 example. I tried to ask other players during my following matches if they knew something was up, but did not get a reply..

LordMuffin #23 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKalashnikova_blyat, on 23 March 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

There is a bug with light tanks happening to me as well one black bulldog 50m away just vanish when i unloading on him :( 

Replay?

Sounds improbable, no issues when I played on Wednesday  (patchday) on spotting or shooting or disappearing tanks.

LordMuffin #24 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Replay?

Sounds improbable, no issues when I played on Wednesday  (patchday) on spotting or shooting or disappearing tanks.

AliceUnchained #25 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

General

• Player
  • 37845 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postjabster, on 23 March 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

As an aside just had another game where I loaded late and the mini-map was like a ghost town for twenty seconds or so. I’m also get freezes (the ping also goes sky high) at the start of the game. Rather weird as playing yesterday was all fine. For me there does seem to be some foible with v1.0 and my system. Just have to work out what it is. (Waits for cries of you need to buy an SSD).

Ah yes, I've read a few more posts describing the exact same issue more or less. Which would lead me to believe there is something to it. I do not have any such issues personally, but I am actually running the game from an SSD. Still, if you don't get this all the time it would suggest there's another root cause. I'm not that much into the technical side, but I wonder if Virtual Texturing and Adaptive Shadowing has anything to do with it. Then again, high ping would suggest it's connectivity related somehow (but those pre-calculations would be done server side I would think).

There is a bug with light tanks happening to me as well one black bulldog 50m away just vanish when i unloading on him 

Replay please, or almost surely it really did not happen as you described. Or, simple answer; you weren't the one able to spot it and whoever on your team who did moved and lost LoS.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 23 March 2018 - 12:00 PM.

Dava_117 #26 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17855 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View Postjabster, on 23 March 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Oh I do agree as it’s not as though there’s been an avalanche of sane posters reporting the same thing. Without a replay it just starts to be guessing and the most reasonable guess is, it didn’t happen as the OP described.

As an aside just had another game where I loaded late and the mini-map was like a ghost town for twenty seconds or so. I’m also get freezes (the ping also goes sky high) at the start of the game. Rather weird as playing yesterday was all fine. For me there does seem to be some foible with v1.0 and my system. Just have to work out what it is. (Waits for cries of you need to buy an SSD).

Run an HDD derfag. I did it yesterday morning and it lowered a bit the loading issues.

jabster #27 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 23 March 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Ah yes, I've read a few more posts describing the exact same issue more or less. Which would lead me to believe there is something to it. I do not have any such issues personally, but I am actually running the game from an SSD. Still, if you don't get this all the time it would suggest there's another root cause. I'm not that much into the technical side, but I wonder if Virtual Texturing and Adaptive Shadowing has anything to do with it. Then again, high ping would suggest it's connectivity related somehow (but those pre-calculations would be done server side I would think).

My current guess is that my HDD, which is fairly ropey to be honest, was just about adequate before v1.0 is now really struggling especially if something else happens to kickoff in the background at the same time. I have got a better external HDD so I’m going to crack the case open on that and give it a whirl to see what happens.

Edit#1 One broken case, one torch and now a full download. Let's see what happens.

Edit#2 Well feck me it takes a long time to download but finally done and all seems ok so far. Now all I need to do is blast some air as a bit of a spring clean and see if I can find the right screws to keep the HDD in place.

Edited by jabster, 24 March 2018 - 12:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users