server connection losing credits and experience

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

imkiller69 #1 Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

lose experience, credits or equipment after the connection with a server was broken?

it happened to me (common wot-server)

at replay http://wotreplays.eu...killer69-hummel

you can see my hummel after I had made some improvements: camo, commander 100% skill, new tracks and gun. In the replay you can only see the camo (obvious)

After the connection loss, The hummel was back to status before improvement. (that is among other without camo)

you can see the replay after restoring the serverconnection: http://wotreplays.eu...killer69-hummel

As you can see the camo is gone.

The replays (unfortunately hard to see because the latest version does not show these former version replays) are not very strong evidence, but are more to illustrate the problem. Why would I buy camo and not use it? it doesn't make sense. I did lose gold, credits and experience because I had to re-improve the verhicle and commander twice, I m not just making this up.

This is not just about losing a bit of gold, credits and experiences. I had rather spend my time in playing wot than making such a fuss about this.

Reason to make these tickets and put the problem on the forum:

this lost shouldn't have happened. If it happens to me, it can happen again and to any one.

As a player spending time and money on the product of WG I would like WG to handle my ticket, (any one's) ticket seriously. I have had tickets in which the first attending service desk assistent was corrected by a second one.

My ticket was just closed, not solved.and could not be re-open them. I don't have the feeling of being supported very well by the service desk.

In some other cases where my ticket were taken seriously, they needed files. I would be happy to provide them but I haven't been asked for one to send in yet.

I will be happy to post any progression at my second ticket.

divsmo #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32002 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Was the first thread about this not enough?

Balc0ra #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64454 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Idk why you think making a 2nd topic about this will change anything. Yes we seen it happen before. But it's super rare. And idk what happened to those. If anyone did complain. But last time it did happen to me, the entire server died 2 sec later.

imkiller69 #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

View Postdivsmo, on 22 March 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Was the first thread about this not enough?

​no it was closed because I had included the answer of the service desk which is probably a private message which one is not allowed to post. Closing is much easier than just removing.

imkiller69 #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

WOT has looked at my second ticket (again) Now the problem has been  recognized

And they have compensated the gold and free experience for what has been lost.

Thanks wot for taking it serious and for solving the problem! 

Edited by imkiller69, 23 March 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Aikl #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postimkiller69, on 22 March 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

​no it was closed because I had included the answer of the service desk which is probably a private message which one is not allowed to post. Closing is much easier than just removing.

I (honestly) believe you're free to post the messages, but not the name of the service desk people.

I'm rather curious what made them change their minds, or if they even acknowledged the problem; I mean, refunding a few hundred gold is not unheard of from support in certain cases.

imkiller69 #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

View PostAikl, on 23 March 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I (honestly) believe you're free to post the messages, but not the name of the service desk people.

I'm rather curious what made them change their minds, or if they even acknowledged the problem; I mean, refunding a few hundred gold is not unheard of from support in certain cases.

​I did not mention a name. just the message part. but it was in red perhaps that was the problem. The reason  for closing the thread was changed during the day. so I am not sure what was the problem.

lesson: dont take no for an answer when you are sure about a problem. for me not the first time the first reaction of the helpdesk has  been corrected by another one later.

Edited by imkiller69, 23 March 2018 - 05:00 PM.

Aikl #8 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postimkiller69, on 23 March 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

​I did not mention a name. just the message part. but it was in red perhaps that was the problem. but the reason  of closing the thread was changed during the day. so I am not sure what was the problem.

lesson: dont take no for an answer when you are sure about a problem. for me not the first time the first reaction of the helpdesk has  been corrected by another one later.

Off-topic would be another reason, so let me first ask you again: Did support actually state "our bad, here's your gold back", or just refunded you because they 'felt nice' (with no reason given)?

That aside, disclosing private messages is actually included in the rules, but I've yet to see it being enforced that way. Discussing moderation is also covered by the forum rules by the way, though they don't close threads simply because of criticism; just look at the thread with the guy that's suing Wargaming for something...

imkiller69 #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-

View PostAikl, on 23 March 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Off-topic would be another reason, so let me first ask you again: Did support actually state "our bad, here's your gold back", or just refunded you because they 'felt nice' (with no reason given)?

That aside, disclosing private messages is actually included in the rules, but I've yet to see it being enforced that way. Discussing moderation is also covered by the forum rules by the way, though they don't close threads simply because of criticism; just look at the thread with the guy that's suing Wargaming for something...

They have admitted there was a problem. (other wise there would not be a compensation i believe)

I m discussing nothing. just saying what happened

Edited by imkiller69, 23 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

discontinued #10 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7303 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

nope never lost anything ever except my sanity

:)

Aikl #11 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postimkiller69, on 23 March 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

They have admitted there was a problem. (other wise there would not be a compensation i believe)

I m discussing nothing. just saying what happened

Heh, funny how they admit there was a problem after, IIRC, telling you that it couldn't happen. It frankly should be impossible with a central server handling stuff.

imkiller69 #12 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15659 battles
  • [D-W-] D-W-
Well there are people working at the support desk who have knowledge and competence and people who have less ( and are still in training, i guess?)

Edited by imkiller69, 23 March 2018 - 05:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users