all gold ammo is back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

jimboz84 #1 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20011 battles

I thought that after all the threads on the forums about users who use just gold ammo that the shaming of them would be enough to make them think about the game and gameplay. However it seems to be creeping back.

as it is possible for players to load up on gold ammo using in game silver then abuse  was bound to happen... It's also a source of income for WG for those who still use real money to purchase gold ammo.

I do believe that players using all gold ammo and nothing else just to try and get better stats etc just don't understand what the game is about and there comes a point where either WG or the community has to step in and sort it out.

do we need a thread where all gold ammo users are named and shamed and those in clans are taken to task by the clan leaders (bringing clan names into disrepute) or will wargaming step in and limit the amount of gold ammo that can be carried to 10% or maybe 1 shell in 10 standard AP.

At the end of the day it is the gold ammo users who are maybe loosing out. My scorpion G has a very low armour value but does it actually need a tier 9 Patton firing 3 or 4 gold shells to kill me? Can't have made much profit!

Homer_J #2 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Back?

We never went anywhere.

I'm sure our leaders will be along shortly to shame any Dingers not running a full gold loadout.

Edited by Homer_J, 22 March 2018 - 08:57 PM.

_EXODUZ_ #3 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjimboz84, on 22 March 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

I thought that after all the threads on the forums about users who use just gold ammo that the shaming of them would be enough to make them think about the game and gameplay. However it seems to be creeping back.

as it is possible for players to load up on gold ammo using in game silver then abuse  was bound to happen... It's also a source of income for WG for those who still use real money to purchase gold ammo.

I do believe that players using all gold ammo and nothing else just to try and get better stats etc just don't understand what the game is about and there comes a point where either WG or the community has to step in and sort it out.

do we need a thread where all gold ammo users are named and shamed and those in clans are taken to task by the clan leaders (bringing clan names into disrepute) or will wargaming step in and limit the amount of gold ammo that can be carried to 10% or maybe 1 shell in 10 standard AP.

At the end of the day it is the gold ammo users who are maybe loosing out. My scorpion G has a very low armour value but does it actually need a tier 9 Patton firing 3 or 4 gold shells to kill me? Can't have made much profit!

You can't use real money any more to purchase gold ammo. Why do you care about someone firing gold at you when you don't have any armor in your Scorpion G anyway?

You're taking it too seriously for a 33 year old adult.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20550 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjimboz84, on 22 March 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Any tank in the game will auto penetrate your Skorpion G...why does it matter if it's premium or not? Just be glad he didn't load high explosives and stop complaining.

And btw, how can you say people who firegold don't understand the game when you don't understand it yourself (if you did you would manage better stats yourself)

Edited by RamRaid90, 22 March 2018 - 08:48 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24107 battles

do we need a thread where all gold ammo users are named and shamed and those in clans are taken to task by the clan leaders (bringing clan names into disrepute) 

I think you ought to start one. That'll no doubt shame people into not firing what they want to fire, at whatever they want to fire it at.

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

Someone used unnecessary high value shells to do the job that cheaper shells would do as effective,

still you complain.

Question time:

What are you complaining for?

Archaean #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 22 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Someone used unnecessary high value shells to do the job that cheaper shells would do as effective,

still you complain.

Question time:

What are you complaining for?

It's complaining for the sake of complaining. It's easier to play the blame game for their shortcomings instead of pondering over them.

jimboz84 #8 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20011 battles

Nice to see gold ammo trolls sticking their heads up above the parapet. Bait taken!

Use of nothing but gold shells shows just how bad you are at the game. My guess is that you also use defoliage and other banned mods too!

K_A #9 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

No need for that, we already have the Dingers recruitment thread!:izmena: It's currently 384 pages full of naming and shaming gold ammo consumption and fish, and the occasional clandestine... action... taking place in Rusty's basement..:trollface: You'll find a link to it here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/311752-wjde-tduthe-dingers-fishy-gold-bots/

Happy dinging! 

jimboz84 #10 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20011 battles
How do I join?

SirDixie #11 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19382 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I fire whatever ammunition I want when I want at who I want (on the assumption they're on the other team). I also use premium consumables, camo paint and food on my tanks, and crew skills. So not only will my shells go through your insignificant Skorpion armour, I can see further, hide better, aim faster and reload quicker. But premium ammo is the only problem with any of that. I wouldn't load prem rounds specially to shoot a Skorpion, but I wouldn't reload to regular AP either. By and large I'll shoot whatever will reliably get the job done, if that happens to be premium rounds because someone wants to drive their stupid broken Jap heavy then so be it. If it's HE rounds on a Skorpion then that's what's getting fired.

Out of curiosity, where do we stand with the Centurion 7/1? Because the prem rounds on that have less penetration than the regular rounds.

K_A #12 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjimboz84, on 22 March 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

How do I join?

Our recruitment process is highly complex and intricate. 

First, we take your stats and WN8, and throw them out the window because we don't need that crap.

Second, we need YOU to draw a fish. Any method of drawing is allowed, as long as you provide the recruitment thread a picture of a fish, or of a creature that even slightly resembles a fish if you look at it from a certain angle. We've certainly seen our fair share of artistic genius with this requirement.

Third, you need to register to our forums, link is in the recruitment thread.

After that is settled, you are guaranteed a spot in our queue and will accepted as soon as a spot in either one of our clans opens up. This might be a day or it might be longer, no guarantees. For further questions, please address them in our recruitment thread, linked in my post above.

mtnm #13 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2731 battles

"You can't use real money any more to purchase gold ammo"

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Kleist_ #14 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32438 battles
Low skill bobs making up for their incompetence, WG balancing team included.

Homer_J #15 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjimboz84, on 22 March 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Use of nothing but gold shells shows just how bad you are at the game.

Nah, I just have problems finding the 2 key so I remove any chance of a mistake by removing all standard ammo.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64335 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
To be back, it first has to leave.

Negativvv #17 Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8310 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I learnt the basics without g0ld... Sometimes I'll still fire off what's in the gun instead of reloading a normal round but that's because I have a shot etc

When people tell me that gold rounds used to literally be for gold currency it scares the hell out of me. People firing money at the enemy :amazed:

250swb #18 Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

. My scorpion G has a very low armour value but does it actually need a tier 9 Patton firing 3 or 4 gold shells to kill me? Can't have made much profit!

But he killed you, right?

I suppose it can all be blamed on the inability to talk to the enemy team in chat. Many times I've loaded a premium round to shoot at a Type 5 Heavy and a Skorpion or something butts in from the enemy, and all I want to do is say 'hang on for few seconds so I can shoot you with an AP round' but damn it they start shooting and I start shooting and before you know it I'll have used two or three premium rounds. So next time just wait, don't immediately shoot at a tank that may be carrying premium ammo, give them time to change to AP and everybody will be happy.

TheWarrener #19 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2244 battles

Man, limiting gold ammo to 10% capacity, what a novel idea we have never heard of and will definitely never hear about again. What kind of mastermind does it take to construct such an idea. I mean, it totally wouldn't take like 14 seconds of thinking to totally bust this idea.

People shoot gold because of idiotic superheavy meta, corridor maps and terrible matchmaking. They won't stop, deal with it. People who shoot gold at you can just as easily get rid of your dumb skorpion g with standard ammo. 

Your thread is stupid and you should feel ashamed.

Edited by TheWarrener, 23 March 2018 - 12:35 AM.

Homer_J #20 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNegativvv, on 22 March 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

When people tell me that gold rounds used to literally be for gold currency it scares the hell out of me. People firing money at the enemy :amazed:

There would be regular half price premium ammo offers, It seemed like every couple of months or even more often.  I used to spend all my spare gold on premium ammo.  Then when I played it seemed like I was getting free ammo because it cost nothing to reload.

It's only entertainment, pretty much all entertainment has a price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users