Everything this game is struggling with is a result of tomato complainers

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

TheWarrener #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3359 battles

"Hurr durr light tanks should only spot and have terrible guns"

Fair enough patch 9.18 destroys their firepower, still unable to spot though. You know, WG stuff.

"Hurr durr my heavy tank is getting penned when I drive in the open armor is irrelevant"

Fair enough - Type 5 heavy, Maus, 257, 268v4, super conqueror, vk 100.01p, defender, 

"Hurr durr premium tanks are Edited  I should get a very good tank for my real money"

Fair enough, defender > IS3; Lorr, Somua > 50 100; m4 49 > 65t; t26e5 > t32 etc etc

And now to recent flavour:

"Hurr durr TDs are useless and I can't get lanes of fire from base"

Fair enough maps get flattened, dumbed down and generally destroyed.

It's obviously not completely their fault, they suggest what they think is the best for the game. Thing is, their knowledge is very lacking. Why is feedback taken from them then? Why won't WG gather feedback from unicums? Why is supertest WR requirement 48%, used to be 46%? I just don't understand.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 06:45 PM.

spuriousmonkey #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44154 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Interestingly I have received so much abuse playing lights after 1.0 came out that I stopped playing lights and switched to mediums.

Report spuriousmonkey for not spotting. etc. What a monkey. Edited lights. etc.

This was mostly when playing tier 10 light tanks. You know, where a type 5 heavy is better equipped to spot than any light tank.

really toxic community at the moment.

And when you play mediums nobody complains, because apparently they can do whatever. But light tanks need to spot the enemy so that camping heavy or TD can get one shot off before the light dies. Usually not penning or missing, or not even being able to shoot it.

Grrr.

But why are they moaning when a new patch has arrived about the spotting anyway? Bushes have changed. Safe positions have become unsafe. New maps. But somehow the light tanks need to know magically what is the correct gameplay on all maps. 

another Grrr.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 07:00 PM.

Ceeb #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30216 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

There is not an online game that people don't complain in one way or the other.

Dragonlordcv #4 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23980 battles
Wrong Ceeb CABAL II has no such problems (so far - 2 years and moving)

SABAOTH #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

When in the test server to balance tanks there is a full gold ammo spam galore do you expect heavy armor to come out balanced?

Besides that removing some corridors is just fresh air, bad experiences atm are only due to tomatoes lemming train or redline basecamping because people are confused and don't recognize the maps.

That gives out a drop in damage when you roflstomp, but a rise in wr, although it is just temporary, they will adapt. :coin:

Edweird #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9487 battles

View PostTheWarrener, on 23 March 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Fair enough patch 9.18 destroys their firepower, still unable to spot though. You know, WG stuff.

"Hurr durr my heavy tank is getting penned when I drive in the open armor is irrelevant"

Fair enough - Type 5 heavy, Maus, 257, 268v4, super conqueror, vk 100.01p, defender, 

"Hurr durr premium tanks are Edited  I should get a very good tank for my real money"

Fair enough, defender > IS3; Lorr, Somua > 50 100; m4 49 > 65t; t26e5 > t32 etc etc

It's obviously not completely their fault, they suggest what they think is the best for the game. Thing is, their knowledge is very lacking. Why is feedback taken from them then? Why won't WG gather feedback from unicums? Why is supertest WR requirement 48%, used to be 46%? I just don't understand.

Well said, very well said

Yes the whiners get their way and then whine more because some evil light tank or TD hurt their IS/OBJ 

The knuckle draggers always get their way, as learning new things seems to be to difficult.

I for one am going to play light tanks more and more to punish the numbskulls who rely on armour as their main skill.

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 06:49 PM.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Suck it up, adapt and get used to it :)

Loken_ #8 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5603 battles

Because there are hoards of them and wargaming needs to retain as many paying customers as possible. Sadly the interests of more skilled players are not in the interests of WG because a skilled player if anything is more likely to make other players ragequit the game.

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 06:50 PM.

evilchaosmonkey #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Thing is, their knowledge is very lacking. Why is feedback taken from them then? Why won't WG gather feedback from unicums? Why is supertest WR requirement 48%, used to be 46%? I just don't understand.

Who is the game designed for and what's its purpose?  Unciums or the vast majority of players? 

Is it for fun casual games or hardcore players?

Fairly obvious why a business listens to the masses in my opinion.

Don't like the changes that occur, but that's why it happens.

After all when seeking to make a mass market car more enjoyable and saleable, you don't seek the views of F1 drivers.

SABAOTH #10 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostLoken_, on 23 March 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Because there are hoards of them and wargaming needs to retain as many paying customers as possible. Sadly the interests of more skilled players are not in the interests of WG because a skilled player if anything is more likely to make other players ragequit the game.

At least we got a game we like no?

do you see such a big problem with tomatoes being in game? I don't, only when you get them bothering you in your team but xvm fixes that by staying clear form them you can still enjoy.

Of course they want a larger client base, I mean let's be real, is free to play, if the numbers go down it will close.

Negativvv #11 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8927 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

My favourite is getting abused by my team for relocating in a LT or fast Medium.

Somehow it's my fault they didn't look at minimap then got over run.

Also the ones who say "Noob team" etc are usually the worst players themselves...

Simeon85 #12 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

It's clear they are catering the game to Steve the idiot IS7 player. 

When he's not in the IS7, he likes to camp base in his TD, that is all Steve is able to manage, smashing faces at point blank range in protected corridors and camping in base waiting for someone to drive into his line of fire.

Thing is we are consistently told the masses don't care and just want to drive tonks, so really they should be listening to those of us that do care.

As for who makes them more money, this is a debatable area IMO, I'd reckon the upper reaches of the playerbase creates more cash income per head because they are more invested in the game, some potato player who has lots of bad games is IMO more likely to be free to play. 

If people are good or at least competent at their hobbies, they tend to spend more of their disposable cash on those hobbies, some person who plays gold 2-3 times a year when he gets dragged along with his mates, and uses golf clubs that were old when his dad used them, is not going to be a prime target for golf equipment companies or golf courses. 

Same could be said of the tomato that plays badly in 90% of his games and thus doesn't play that frequently. 

Edited by Simeon85, 23 March 2018 - 12:19 PM.

SuperDuperOtter #13 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15097 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 23 March 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Who is the game designed for and what's its purpose?  Unciums or the vast majority of players? 

Is it for fun casual games or hardcore players?

Fairly obvious why a business listens to the masses in my opinion.

Don't like the changes that occur, but that's why it happens.

After all when seeking to make a mass market car more enjoyable and saleable, you don't seek the views of F1 drivers.

That is stupid.

Casual players don't understand how mecanics work with each other, how they can be used in some case and not other, some maps and not other. Basing the developpement of the game on the opinions of player that barely have a clue of how the game actuelly works, uninformed - therefore irrelevent - critisism. You end up with screwed up game play that is unattractive, most and fore most for these casual players.

They don't like getting screwed by O-Ho's while failing to pen them. They hate it even more when they get a O-Ho and fail to do damage while getting pen constantly. No wonder why they end up on the red line with their O-Ho. It's precisely because their uninformed - therefore irrelevent - opinions has been listened.

They asked for flatter maps because their russian medium strugled with its depression and because snipe was "impossible". Now, they will complain about the map being flat and getting snipped by campers, the exact thing they had been winning for. They now will be winning at it.

In the mean time, good players will continue to thrive and do well. To deal with this crap as they allways had. By spaking casuals who have no clue how to deal with whatever they migth have to.

Edited by SuperDuperOtter, 23 March 2018 - 12:54 PM.

TheWarrener #14 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3359 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 23 March 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

That argument always comes up but it really makes sense only in theory. The fact that majority of players are bobs doesn't mean they know what's the best for the game. Gathering feedback from unicums would make the game objectively better - being better players, knowing and understanding game better allows them to see balance issues more clearly, they won't drive in the open, die and then complain and demand an armor buff. 

Lemme explain it using the case of imho the worst thing that ever happened to wot - 3/5/7 matchmaking. 

A typical bob will say: "Well you're bottom tier 80% of the time but it's better because you always have 7 tanks of your tier to shoot at" 

Unicum will immediately see how false this sentence is because he knows how maps in this game work. There are certain areas on each map you HAVE to fight for if you want to be useful to the team/if you want to win. During that fight you're going to meet these 3 tier X tanks. And they're going to wreck you. 

Bob doesn't see that issue. Why? Because he doesn't fight for important locations. He camps in the back waiting for opportunity to kill some easy targets. 

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 23 March 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Suck it up, adapt and get used to it :)

Why don't you suck up the fact that you don't have to spam this in every thread. Don't have anything constructive to add? Do something useful, like licking windows or watching paint dry.

edit: ^ post above me explained it before I managed to.

Edited by TheWarrener, 23 March 2018 - 12:45 PM.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostTheWarrener, on 23 March 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

"Hurr durr premium tanks are Edited  I should get a very good tank for my real money"

On what exactly is your assumption that it is Tomato (i.e. less skilled) players that made all the demands/complaints? There were Unis insisting that lights would have to be nerfed if their scout MM was changed to normal MM. On what basis would a Tomato be making such arguments?

Likewise it is the Unis who analyze every new Premium to determine whether there is 'a point' to it, and if it isn't better than already existing options, they insist people should not buy it and/or that WG are doing something wrong by trying to trick players into paying new tank prices for something no better than what already exists. Again, that analysis is expert level, not 'Tomato' level. 

You might have a point on maps and armour though.

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 06:55 PM.

dimethylcadmium #16 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6160 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 23 March 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Interestingly I have received so much abuse playing lights after 1.0 came out that I stopped playing lights and switched to mediums.

Report spuriousmonkey for not spotting. etc. What a monkey. Edited lights. etc.

>spuriousmonkey

>what a monkey

>Edited light

I laughed more than I was supposed to :D

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 23 March 2018 - 07:21 PM.

evilchaosmonkey #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostSuperDuperOtter, on 23 March 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

That is stupid.

Really?  Go try and win business based on the views of 0.1% of your customer base only (and a top end elite 0.1% at that), rather than the vast majority.  Let me know what happens.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 23 March 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Why do you think the T26E4 was nerfed back in the day? Because no one did take 10 seconds of their day to look up weakspots. As the two massive spots he had was not good enough. And that was not even close to OP, even back then.

And some of the map changes are rather good. But most less so. But then again with all the years of ppl complaining about corridor maps and that they can't move in the open etc. That's what you get. Because some maps are actually to dense now with soft cover. Took me several games on some maps to find new spots to get the early movers across most maps spotted.

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 March 2018 - 01:12 PM.

TheWarrener #19 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3359 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 23 March 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Really?  Go try and win business based on the views of 0.1% of your customer base only (and a top end elite 0.1% at that), rather than the vast majority.  Let me know what happens.

You literally ignored 2 textwalls of arguments and repeated your mantra. Good job.

jabster #20 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTheWarrener, on 23 March 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

You literally ignored 2 textwalls of arguments and repeated your mantra. Good job.

Two text walls of arguments doesn’t mean that they were good arguments though does it? Here’s a thought, ignoring the majority of your playerbase is a bad idea as is blindly following what they say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users