• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Simeon85 #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

So WG have given me this 10% coupon -

Posted Image

Note the words 'vast selection' in there, I am presuming it is some sort of joke because......

I can literally use it on just two things in the premium shop - 360 or 180 days or premium.

You can't use it on -

• Gold
  • Specials
  • Discounted stuff
  • Lmited time stuff

Plus it expires in 3 days and I have spend over 30 Euros.

And currently all the tier 8 premiums are on special deals, that last longer than the coupon lasts, and all the tier 7 and below premiums are too cheap for the coupon.

Like why even bother producing it? If you want to encourage me to spend money then at least make the incentive a little worthwhile. 

And yes I know people will say I got a free discount and they didn't have to give me anything, but I wasn't going to spend anything beforehand, getting a worthwhile discount might have changed that, which I presume is the point of the coupons in the first place, but it's pointless if I no choice over what to buy. 

Would giving me 3.50 off a Somua or something really matter in the grand scheme of things to the masses of money WG make? 

Edited by Simeon85, 23 March 2018 - 12:58 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24714 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 23 March 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Would giving me 3.50 off a Somua or something really matter in the grand scheme of things to the masses of money WG make? 

Try that line at Sainsbury's when buying the weekly shopping.

Ceeb #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30534 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

I was lucky with my 30 % offer.... got the Lorr 40t. it was on offer and was able to use it and got it for a bargain of £23

Simeon85 #4 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 23 March 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

There are loads of coupons in supermarkets that'll give you way more off than that.  The proper crazy couponers, especially in the US, have been able to get pretty much free shopping with the right combos. 

CircleOfSorrow #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
Yeah, I got a 20% off coupon for an "epic game" with limitations that made it useless to me.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51988 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I have yet to have a coupon at a time when I have used it.

Aikl #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25722 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 23 March 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

There's a rather large difference in profit margins between a grocery store and a pixel tank shop.

Yet the major national chains around here usually have discounts, a 'permanent' cashback program and/or give you some free item once in a while (typically stuff you buy often to keep you coming back).

Qnubis #8 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4230 battles

View PostCeeb, on 23 March 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I was lucky with my 30 % offer.... got the Lorr 40t. it was on offer and was able to use it and got it for a bargain of £23

Hardly a bargain for anything above 5£, the actual development cost for most premium tanks is so low even for unique models that I will never understand the need to purchase them at their suggested price other than their combat efficiency. (which would hint at a certain degree of p2w) If you realize that WG (and other companies similar to this) sell their products at an insanely high return rate of the actual cost it took them to create it, you can't rationally buy them anymore. If we would apply game development greed for return rate we would all be looking at 100$ burgers from McDonalds etc.

But everybody does it, so nobody knows better and the overwhelming mass does not think about this, consuming everything without reflecting on it. Please don't see this as direct insult or anything personal, I was just making an example of your happiness how "cheap" you got it. :)

Ceeb #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30534 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostQnubis, on 23 March 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Hardly a bargain for anything above 5£, the actual development cost for most premium tanks is so low even for unique models that I will never understand the need to purchase them at their suggested price other than their combat efficiency. (which would hint at a certain degree of p2w) If you realize that WG (and other companies similar to this) sell their products at an insanely high return rate of the actual cost it took them to create it, you can't rationally buy them anymore. If we would apply game development greed for return rate we would all be looking at 100$ burgers from McDonalds etc.

But everybody does it, so nobody knows better and the overwhelming mass does not think about this, consuming everything without reflecting on it. Please don't see this as direct insult or anything personal, I was just making an example of your happiness how "cheap" you got it. :)

​Its a bargain as I wouldn't have paid full price for it... and its an excellent tank. So no offence taken. So I do consider it a bargain. As that wasn't on the basic offer.

So, I'm stoked :)

Qnubis #10 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4230 battles

View PostCeeb, on 23 March 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

​Its a bargain as I wouldn't have paid full price for it... and its an excellent tank. So no offence taken. So I do consider it a bargain. As that wasn't on the basic offer.

So, I'm stoked :)

I understand that reasoning, but couldn't you just get a similar tech tree auto-loading medium that plays basically the same? I get behind unique tanks that are very specialized like the e-25 with the insane camo/mobility. But most premium tanks are not unique in the way they play and can be experienced for free.

Ceeb #11 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30534 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostQnubis, on 23 March 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

I understand that reasoning, but couldn't you just get a similar tech tree auto-loading medium that plays basically the same? I get behind unique tanks that are very specialized like the e-25 with the insane camo/mobility. But most premium tanks are not unique in the way they play and can be experienced for free.

​I took a punt to be fair. But If no one supported by buying the odd tank. WG would be in the toilet. I didn't buy it for its uniqueness, I bought it after reviews and its ability to print credits.

Qnubis #12 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4230 battles

View PostCeeb, on 23 March 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

​I took a punt to be fair. But If no one supported by buying the odd tank. WG would be in the toilet. I didn't buy it for its uniqueness, I bought it after reviews and its ability to print credits.

Of course, they have to make money. But that shouldn't mean just using the same model, the same playstyle and call it a day with premium ability. I wish people to be more demanding so they actually have to WORK for their money. So many Premium tanks are just tech tree vehicles that are not even worth 1$ because it took them almost no effort.

Edited by Qnubis, 23 March 2018 - 04:56 PM.

VarzA #13 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21880 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostSimeon85, on 23 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Note the words 'vast selection' in there, I am presuming it is some sort of joke because......

I can literally use it on just two things in the premium shop - 360 or 180 days or premium.

You can't use it on -

• Gold
  • Specials
  • Discounted stuff
  • Lmited time stuff

And currently all the tier 8 premiums are on special deals, that last longer than the coupon lasts, and all the tier 7 and below premiums are too cheap for the coupon.

Like why even bother producing it? If you want to encourage me to spend money then at least make the incentive a little worthwhile. 

And yes I know people will say I got a free discount and they didn't have to give me anything, but I wasn't going to spend anything beforehand, getting a worthwhile discount might have changed that, which I presume is the point of the coupons in the first place, but it's pointless if I no choice over what to buy. 

You will get tons fo those 10-20% ones if you stop paying them for 3-4 months.

Karasu_Hidesuke #14 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16169 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
WG's 'vast selection' proves that someone at their marketing department has a real twisted sense of humor. Like with the 30% coupon I gotten a few times. Because you cant use it on almost anything, 'vast selection' comes down to regular price mostly obsolescent tech tree premiums and premium time.

Holdes #15 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19988 battles

You can't use it on -

• Gold

Technically it's true, but in practice you can buy a tech tree premium tank from the shop that you already have, and you'll get 100% gold compensation. I confirmed it a few days ago  with a -30% one (that was the only thing for me worth buying with a coupon).

I wonder when they'll block this option however.

Edited by Holdes, 23 March 2018 - 06:57 PM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #16 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16169 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostHoldes, on 23 March 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Technically it's true, but in practice you can buy a tech tree premium tank from the shop that you already have, and you'll get 100% gold compensation. I confirmed it a few days ago  with a -30% one (that was the only thing for me worth buying with a coupon).

I wonder when they'll block this option however.

Just check that the tank isn't discounted in game.

SABAOTH #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Posted Image

You can't use it on -

• Gold
  • Specials
  • Discounted stuff
  • Lmited time stuff

They can even troll you with coupons. How cool is that?

Karasu_Hidesuke #18 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16169 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

OMG I've just been victimized by this 10% off coupon as well. I got rewarded it for 'Ace level gameplay!' (3rd class only...) and it popped up with 'Hero Time' and everything so I was kinda excited to click on the link and...

10% off packages over 30 €...

by 'packages' do they mean 'bundles'?

Has this 'New' coupon replaced the 30% off coupon now? I see we have lost 20% worth of discounts, obliged to make a purchase of at least 30 euros worth of 'package'...

Really? It's not that I'm not grateful but.. it's that I am not grateful.

Well, at least we got to keep the 'vast selection' bit.... :mellow:

Strappster #19 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 24927 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBrowarszky, on 14 April 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

OMG I've just been victimized by this 10% off coupon as well. I got rewarded it for 'Ace level gameplay!' (3rd class only...) and it popped up with 'Hero Time' and everything so I was kinda excited to click on the link and...

If you got excited about "ace level gameplay!" with a third class result, you'll probably wet yourself when you actually get an ace. Can the coupon can be used on adult nappies?

8126Jakobsson #20 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 67832 battles

Pretty low standards nowadays, just first on exp, didn't even have to get a cool medal this time around. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users