Jump to content


Are the maps really flatter?

1.0 Maps

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

DracheimFlug #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
Are the maps really flatter? Or are they just appearing flatter due to the different perspective?

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
Defo flatter in places. I have measured them by holding my beer glass to the monitor. Prok hill was orginally a full pint; now its some horribly Metric 450ml.

Codename_Jelly #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

If you are unsure cycle through some streams like I did, shame Circon wasnt on last night because Quickybaby is now forcing people to follow him if you want to chat in his stream.

 

Most of what I saw its now pretty much those tanks vs tanks videos you see ok Campinovka where they are all lined up and just shoot at each other with the more leveled ground and removal of even more bushes.



Mave_Maverick #4 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54548 battles
  • 4,279
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011
Yes they are.

 They could not give the new RU tanks (overpower) more Gun-depression, so they just flattened the Maps with 1.0.


unrealname #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22395 battles
  • 1,016
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
some of them are much flatter and with less cover as well, meanwhile other maps have barely changed at all.

DracheimFlug #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 23 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

If you are unsure cycle through some streams like I did, shame Circon wasnt on last night because Quickybaby is now forcing people to follow him if you want to chat in his stream.

 

Most of what I saw its now pretty much those tanks vs tanks videos you see ok Campinovka where they are all lined up and just shoot at each other with the more leveled ground and removal of even more bushes.

 

Is that evidence though? I have only seen Prokhorovka once so far and it was in an AMX 40, but it seemed to play about as before. People reacting strangely is happening on every map, regardless of flat or not right now.

DracheimFlug #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostMave_Maverick, on 23 March 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Yes they are.

 They could not give the new RU tanks (overpower) more Gun-depression, so they just flattened the Maps with 1.0.

 

Yes yes that is the official playerbase assumption. 

Codename_Jelly #8 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostDracheimFlug, on 23 March 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

 

Is that evidence though? I have only seen Prokhorovka once so far and it was in an AMX 40, but it seemed to play about as before. People reacting strangely is happening on every map, regardless of flat or not right now.

 

WAtching streams is pretty concrete evidence for anyone who has played this game more than a few thousand battles.

Dru_UK #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6562 battles
  • 484
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013
hill can be just as tall, but if the crown on the top is shallower, then a it is easier t oget to the top, and you use less gun depression to shoot over it.

djuro900 #10 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16814 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Yes maps are flatter. Its not "feels" its a fact. Previously you had many small hillocks and bumps where you could hide your small light,they dont exist anymore,ground is flat.

besinnungslos #11 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19474 battles
  • 70
  • [POWNY] POWNY
  • Member since:
    11-23-2011

View Postdjuro900, on 23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Yes maps are flatter. Its not "feels" its a fact. Previously you had many small hillocks and bumps where you could hide your small light,they dont exist anymore,ground is flat.

Can you prove that? Some before and after pics for example. Otherwise it is indeed a feeling and no fact. Didnt play too many games yet, but i didnt feel like much changed regarding bumps.



djuro900 #12 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16814 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostBlackPantherKTwo, on 23 March 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Can you prove that? Some before and after pics for example. Otherwise it is indeed a feeling and no fact. Didnt play too many games yet, but i didnt feel like much changed regarding bumps.

 

Wait are you trolling or serious? Did you even play old and new maps? Go on any open field and you will se everything is flat. Or even easier go on youtube and watch some videos of map changes, I am sure there are lots of them



Junglist_ #13 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37115 battles
  • 1,348
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

Just have a look at Fjords middle at and around C5, where previously these was a hill going to A0 corner is now pretty much completely flat and with no vegetation.

Middle of Prokhorovka also clearly flatter.

Fisherman's Bay middle flatter.

Erlenberg hills on both sides of the map flattened.

There's definitely more these are just the more noticable ones. Play few battles and see for yourself.


Edited by Junglist_, 23 March 2018 - 02:23 PM.


_Anarchistic_ #14 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38573 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

they are flatter but strangely I think they are more exposed, they seem to force you much further over to fire and as they are shallower takes longer to pull back

 

you lose much more hp



VarzA #15 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20419 battles
  • 1,368
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostDracheimFlug, on 23 March 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Are the maps really flatter? Or are they just appearing flatter due to the different perspective?

 

Flatter and usually in center areas, which promotes sitting in non-center areas .... not that far from some random red line.

xx984 #16 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 54964 battles
  • 2,510
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
I've honestly not noticed much of a difference, and when I do it's generally better than previous imo

Aikl #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostMave_Maverick, on 23 March 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yes they are.

 They could not give the new RU tanks (overpower) more Gun-depression, so they just flattened the Maps with 1.0.

 

While there certainly are areas where -5 gun depression is plenty (just like before), and many areas are flattened out to provide huge swathes of 'dead ground', the stated reason behind some of the flattening was to allow tanks with good GD to use more positions for hulldown. Not that this in itself is a good idea, but I can kind of see what they're going for.

 

1.0 was bound to be kind of half-arsed outside of the game engine itself, so they're probably testing out some stuff since they had to literally re-draw the maps anyway. Editing maps is, supposedly, much easier now than it used to be, and certain design decisions are rather interesting. Others are trash. In my opinion, anyway, there are likely people who think the exact opposite of me.



VarzA #18 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20419 battles
  • 1,368
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View Postdjuro900, on 23 March 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

 

Wait are you trolling or serious? Did you even play old and new maps? Go on any open field and you will se everything is flat. Or even easier go on youtube and watch some videos of map changes, I am sure there are lots of them

 

He is probably serious, check his clan.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users