T-100 LT grind, analysis

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

VarzA #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Ok, so next month (april 2018), we will have the T-100LT as top of the tree (most likely), so i made this thread to analyze the grind, to provide tips and tricks to future players and maybe document best way to approach it.

When i started this grind, i had the MT-25 unlocked from T-34, and at the time i am writing this, i am 41k xp from eliting the T7 LTG.

The tanks in the line, starting at t4 :

T4 - A-20 (T-34 prototype i think), it's a hybrid medium/light at t4

T5 - T-50, one of the most powerful vehicles at t5, completely unknown, great wn8 farmer

T6 - MT-25, fantastic scout, good mobility, ok-ish dpm

T7 - LTG, a slowish scout, with decent vision and a very unusual setup

T8 - LTTB, rather tall, i expect it to be a sort of scout killer

T9 - T-54 light .... i hate to fight this tank in a light tank and many others when it goes hulldown, seems to have strong turret

T10 - T-100 LT .... the goal, the best camo at t10 light, great active scouter, incredibly low profile, has some armor frontally too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-20 .... i don't really recall this one, will edit later with more info, i played it about 1-2yrs ago

T-50 .... i did not play this one, but it is reported to be a curbstomper at t5.

I would fit it with rammer, coated optics and binocs.

MT-25 ... the tank is basically a scout / scout killer early game.

I did not free xp mods on this tank, first upgrade was the engine, followed by the tracks and finally the 57mm gun (the best gun on this tank). I think a track upgrade is needed.

The engine is a game changer, without it, it's rather slowish, while the tracks boost gun handling, track traverse and ground resists.

Fully upgrade it is a monster, i played it with vents, coated optics and binocs.

View range ended up being around 460m, while having over 30 camo if the camouflage skill is trained (405m with 100% crew on the move, without situational awareness and recon trained up)

On top of that, the role of the radio operator is separated from the gunner, so you can train situational awareness earlier.

Reload on the gun ends up around 2.81s, far from the 2s autoloader type of 57mm you get on the T-34, but enough for a t6 light. Pen is 112/160 and it uses AP/APCR ammo.

I tried the tank in config, with full camo, recon and situational awareness trained (so basically 2+ skills) and i got 32.8% camo with 486m view range (427 on the move, 419 without recon on the move). 486m view range is awesome at t9, at t6 it is just plain insane (and i did not use food which boost it to 509m).

The reason i'm mentioning all of this is, is because of the t6 MM (it sucks, often bottom tier), and the great capabilities of the tank, i have decided to keep it as a crew trainer (get a 100% commander with gold and 75% the rest, use 300% crew xp boosters and just raise the crew insanely fast during some future event).

LTG ... this is a weird one, it's an insanely fun tank though.

It is a scout killer, and a killer of paper things (really, i solo-ed a Skorpion G from full HP while being shot at by his friends). The turret can pull off miracle bounces, but don't rely on it.

My setup is gun rammer, coated optics, binocs.

It has better camo than the MT-25, you can actually reach 35 i think, while view range is at 450m (still quite good for a t7 scout).

I run it with 18 AP, 10 APCR, 10 HE shells.

When i am going to fight something paper (including t8 scouts), i just load up HE, and smack them for 300 damage, with my 5.18s reload on the gun.

Mobility is ok, but not stellar, MT-25 was more peppy, had more grunt in the engine.

While i like the tank, i probably won't keep it because i need creds for the LTTB, and the MT-25 sits at a better tier for crew training and has better crew layout for training.

Also, this tank does very very very badly if you don't have camo to at least 60%.

LTTB .... will write about it when i get it and play it.

LE: I played LTTB .... ended up loving it at first, hating it later.

it is tall, it rolls easy, it is hard to hide.

I played it with rammer+coated optics+binocs,

It is a tank that adapts itself, needs to adapt itself actually, too much to the map and team ... very match/team dependent.

T-54 light .... OMG i'm in love !!!

I started the grind very badly, something like the first 8 games were losses.

Stock it has mobility but not stellar mobility.

I first got the engine, then gun, and finally tracks (you don't need track upgrades for weight).

Fully upgraded it is a t-44 with lower gun depression but better overall gun, at t9 ... that has LT camo and does almost 70 kph ..... and it rams like a boss (31t tank).

Crew layout is better than the T-100 LT, as the loader doubles as radioman, so i decided to stop going for the T-100 LT and enjoy this tank.

Currently running rammer+coated optics+binocs. I plan to drop binocs for vents once i get to the 3rd skill and get situational awareness + recon up.

If i manage to get it to 460+m view range, it will be fine like that.

Edited by VarzA, 07 April 2018 - 06:29 PM.

Igor_BL #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42337 battles

Isnt LTG base 370m?

that is not all that great.

on the other hand, it has fantastic camo. slightly worse then 100LT.

all those tanks have low pen, some armor and are rather mobile. except ltg which is slugish for LT. like a faster medium

i just 3marked from t50 to Ltwt in last 7 days. 100LT yet to come.

really good scout and light tanks. decent gun handling on all those.

only on LTG aimtime is rather long for LT.

VarzA #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

It actually has 360m,  MT-25 has lousy one i think too (360m for it too, confirmed) .... that's why i maxed out vision on them, made grinding so much easier.

I know what you mean by aimtime, but for some reason i keep getting good games in it. :)

As for marking, i only managed 67% on MT-25 and at 57% on LTG after about 77 battles.

I'm not that good, or rich for 3rd marking tbh, i could probably push 2 marking though.

Edited by VarzA, 23 March 2018 - 07:57 PM.

Igor_BL #4 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42337 battles

LTG is great tank. and i really loved it..

the gun and camo are go to on this tank.

kaneloon #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31042 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

I think the most fun I had was with the lttb, a true scout.

What do you mean saying that a track upgrade is needed on mt-25 ? That tank has the best track ever : you can make any jump without being tracked.

About grinding this line I found the last one for the t100lt really looonnnngg. Put lots of free xp, I was really fed up of the t54 light.

But I suck in light tanks ... I have a yolo suicidal tendency ;)

VarzA #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postkaneloon, on 23 March 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think the most fun I had was with the lttb, a true scout.

What do you mean saying that a track upgrade is needed on mt-25 ? That tank has the best track ever : you can make any jump without being tracked.

About grinding this line I found the last one for the t100lt really looonnnngg. Put lots of free xp, I was really fed up of the t54 light.

But I suck in light tanks ... I have a yolo suicidal tendency ;)

To bypass having to buy the tracks at first, i'm grinding stock, no free xp.

kaneloon #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31042 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

What is strange is that I unlocked the t54 with the t54 light when it was possible, and now all the medium line is research till the t54 ;)

Maybe that's why I'm fed up of the t54 lt btw :/

Ok for the mt25 track, didn t understand you.

Edited by kaneloon, 23 March 2018 - 08:08 PM.

VarzA #8 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Finished and sold off the LTG, just got the LTTB.

Again, it's stock .... but i can see why ppl might like it.

It's got great dpm, and good mobility.

Camo is not as good as the LTG's.

Atm i am using coated optics, binocs and vents.

My first upgrade will be engine, though i will have to install track upgrades instead of vents.

After that, i'll have to decide between tracks and gun. I'll probably go with gun, because the tracks seem to lower a bit the dispersion on the move and track traverse, and ground resists.

I can live with these things as they are, as long as i get improved penetration and accuracy that the top gun has.

Edited by VarzA, 24 March 2018 - 08:35 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Found the LTTB to be quite an awkward beast - kinda like trying to ride a giraffe that has mad cow disease - brace yourself for a few roll overs!

Personally, I love the LTG and am quite looking forward to the T-100 - get the feeling the two will play quite similarly.

ToTT would be a very welcome addition to the grind.

GL comrade:izmena:

VarzA #10 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Thanks, the goal is to finish LTTB before the 1st, and T-54 light in the 1st week after that, so i use the xp bonus i get for top 10 in teams .... it averages out to having a 30% combat xp booster running all the time.

Update on LTTB grind:

So i got the engine, tank moves much better, but without tracks you have to give up on the vents for a tracks upgrade.

I also got the top gun, but haven't had a chance to play it yet, looks better stat wise though.

I will get the tracks today, and probably switch to gun rammer.

Edited by VarzA, 25 March 2018 - 11:30 AM.

VarzA #11 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

108k xp left towards the T-54 light .... so i should be done in 2d.

I hate the LTTB.

I can't express it enough in words, the ammount of hatred i have for this tank.

It's tall, it's unstable when turning, you get spotted when you shouldn't, and sometimes your 6th sense won't go off either.

It's gun is very high, you don't have the gun depression to shoot down and the gun elevation is not enough to shoot up many times.

It's got a big silhouette .... very easy to hit, on corridor maps if you stick with heavies/meds, you will get primaried because of the low HP pool and low armor, while if you try to spot, almost everything at t8+ can spot better than you because of their combination of camouflage (height related) and vision.

This may sound weird, but i was more confident vs other scouts in the LTG than in the LTTB.

Still, i will get it done, finish this grind, sell this piece of garbage and hopefully never have to use it ever again.

PS: It also reminds me of the CDC, but not in the good way.

Edited by VarzA, 28 March 2018 - 05:41 PM.

voodoospirit #12 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29392 battles

the lttb is a very good tank, it s a MT-25 on steroids with a good gun, the only drawback is the lack of depression. the descendant of the T-50²but with a gun . takes some time to not roll on severe bumps , but its ultra stable compared to the Rhmpanzer ( t10 german light).

a keeper for me and cash income as well. 15m bush rule needed, and bushes knowledge like all the scouts/lights.

the T54L is a light version of the T54, no brainer tank, noob friendly, takes no skill to play and do something decent. easiest T9 light to play by far.mini med playstyle.

t100lt is a very good tank, very fun to drive but efficicency wise, any med will do better on 85% of the maps, they have more armor, better guns, better hps, it s a very good active scout, low profile, turret can bounce, gun is a close/mid range gun, not precise, never managed to roll it on bumps or else...depression is low but tank is low too. share the same acceleration as the Rhmpanzer, t10 light have hard time tho, meds do better in almost all the way and on many maps they will spot as far as u ( but the few very open maps), very easy to drive. as fun as a pz1C to drive.

Edited by voodoospirit, 29 March 2018 - 11:01 PM.

VarzA #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Finished the LTTB grind, sold it.

I managed to figure out the tank, to get the feel for it last night.

It's basically a tank a that adapts itself (has to), the map but also the team, and the locations.

I realized on some maps i need to play it opportunistically, on other maps, bumrush to a good bush.

On yet other maps, it does well active scouting, buzzing near the ridge.

And then another layer of complexity is the teams, what you face, etc ....

It's a tank that made me pay a lot of attention to team layouts.

Before last night, i barely scraped towards 1st moe, but last night i jumped from 64% to 75%.

Today i had bad maps, but still managed to push 77-78% before some bad decisions/choices landed me on 76%.

I am confident that with dedication and more use of APCR i could push 2nd moe, and i do feel comfortable in it now, even on super open maps like Erlenberg now.

it's not a keeper for me, but also i need creds for the t-54 light and the t-100 lt, so that's part of the reason i sold it in the end.

PS: Thanks for the advice voodoospirit.

Snaques #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32899 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

I'm at T54 ltw atm and have three marked the LTG and LTTB. The lower tiers are not much of interest, but I'd say the LTTB and T54 are the best ones so far. That being said, I actually had most fun with the LTG. All in all a great line to grind if you like LT playstyle.

The LTG doesn't have the top speed, but I think it is quite agile so it still feels mobile. Also, like you said the HE (both on LTG and LTTB) is really trollish against all those french LTs. :)

azakow #15 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

View PostVarzA, on 23 March 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

T9 - T-54 light .... i hate to fight this tank in a light tank and many others when it goes hulldown, seems to have strong turret

T10 - T-100 LT .... the goal, the best camo at t10 light, great active scouter, incredibly low profile, has some armor frontally too

... LT that have armor are yet to come.

What you see is pure RNG.

Always remember the LTing mantra:

Do not get hit, do not get hit, do not get hit, ... , hence no armor required.

:)

Whenever I feel like bashing others, I'll get out the T54 LW.

VarzA #16 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I'll see how good it is tomorrow, i'm waiting on discount.

Will have to play it stock though, so it's gonna be kinda painful at first. :(

VarzA #17 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Ok, so the T-54 light is very forgiving when it comes to equiping it.

I have it stock, not going to spend any free xp.

The first upgrade will be the engine, followed by either tracks or gun (i'll have to see in tanks.gg how good the tracks are).

Hardass #18 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35071 battles
You will spend more time on your side / roof in the LTTB then you will on your tracks and 0 gun depression other than that its Awesome have the T-54 LW now and i am not enjoying it at the moment.

azakow #19 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

I am using the opportunity to train my crews.

http://forum.worldof...2#entry14651872

Currently trining 34% of 6th skill using 3x reserves.

I love the T-54 LW.

VarzA #20 Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I'm gonna take a break from the T-100 LT grind.

Past 2 months i've been grinding tanks i'm not very excited about, and .... it's enough (430U and T-100 LT).

Going to pick it up again in early May and get the T-100 LT then.

For now, going to go straight for Skoda T50. :)

Edited by VarzA, 01 April 2018 - 09:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users