A potato/tomato view on the new release

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ThinGun #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35849 battles

I have a 4 year old cheapo PC (cost £300) with a vaguely uprated GPU (does GTX 750 sound right?)  My game seems to run slightly faster than before - and would be even better if Windows wasn't updating itself in the background.

Now .. I play ONLY TDs, so my opinion is biased - but I can't honestly see much difference in game play in the new maps - a few hiding places have gone, or have moved - and I've played a dozen or so games this evening at practically the same rate as before (I was WN8 of 1240, but then lost a couple badly and dropped to about 900 - which is pretty normal for me).  

What I have noticed is .. absence of noise when I am hit.  When focusing on following someone, I suddenly found I'd lost half my health without realising (other people have mentioned this, and apparently it's going to be fixed).  There also seems to be some oddities about the 6th sense warnings - we snipey TDs rely on this, and it doesn't seem to be working properly - can't put my finger on it, but it just seems unreliable and flaky.

I'm pretty sure that in a week or two, I'll have learned the maps and will be as comfortable playing as before.  Except, apparently 95% of the really skilled players are leaving because of *reasons*. so I'll move up the rankings much faster...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users