Maps In Most Urgent Need Of Fixing And Why?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:38 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18626 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Hi guys,

I played a lot of the new maps but I have only got the same side of most maps so the maps I have played have been ok in my limited and thus inaccurate opinion. For me so far just the south spawn of Fishermans Bay was a total insta-garage experience but I have missed so many maps somehow.

Which maps do you feel are in the most immediate need of addressing, which spawn on these maps are suffering most, why do you feel they are and what changes if any do you feel would resolve this? What would cure the flaw you feel is there? 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 24 March 2018 - 01:38 AM.

Strizi #2 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33465 battles
How to fix them? Revert this 1.0 crap.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrizi, on 24 March 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

How to fix them? Revert this 1.0 crap.

What exactly is bad about it?

Strizi #4 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33465 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 24 March 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

The horrible terrain changes to almost all maps, the butchering of erlenberg and fjords, removal/blocking of paths -> more corridors or deathzones(like center of fjords now). All these changes are crap.

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14302 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

Map in Urgent need of fixing: Ensk

Why? It's in the game.

Solution: Remove it.

Aine #6 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18069 battles
  • [MCARD] MCARD

View PostRamRaid90, on 24 March 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23545 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostTungstenHitman, on 24 March 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I played a lot of the new maps but I have only got the same side of most maps so the maps I have played have been ok in my limited and thus inaccurate opinion. For me so far just the south spawn of Fishermans Bay was a total insta-garage experience but I have missed so many maps somehow.

Which maps do you feel are in the most immediate need of addressing, which spawn on these maps are suffering most, why do you feel they are and what changes if any do you feel would resolve this? What would cure the flaw you feel is there? 

mines south spawn is very very bad ATM, the only solution is to camp if the tank is not fast enough to make it to the hill.

fjord east spawn, same story. fast tank required to get into a useful position. no chance for me in my T25 Pilot.

I have yet to see all maps (didn't meet new Ensk yet), but these two I noticed as being very broken.

Roudari #8 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34095 battles

The only changes i would like to maps is: (These ideas i have had since start of this game/ when i started to play these maps, so no this is not hd map rant just general fixes needed)

Mines - Copy the route to the hill and add it to the eastside too

Abbey - Lower the 7-0 side of the map and make routes there like 1-3 lines has. Add routes to the center of the hill to the otherside too

Highway - Move base south/north (now south is kinda in the edge of the map), make city area longer so it goes all the way and in both ends in 7-0 lines, balance out fields in 1-3 lines so both teams have same kind of terrain

Most of the changes felt needed and refreshing.. maybe maps like.. erlenberg could use some more city area near the river so sides wouldnt be so powerful.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36414 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostRamRaid90, on 24 March 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

Brains.

Hi guys,

I think Paris need urgent rework or removal, is beautiful but unpractical.

Reworked maps are fine for now (but I might see some imbalanced ones, not sure yet)

250swb #10 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think so far the maps I've played on have been pretty good and have ironed out a lot of biased OP positions without making them simple mirror image maps. Two I played on the test server, Fjords and Erlenberg haven't come up yet, and I didn't like them at the time, but hey, it was the test server where nothing is 'normal'.

_Anarchistic_ #11 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

mm, some of the maps just need getting used to, eg murovanka

fjords tho bad, just bad, remove

erlenberg all versions remove

abbey remove

mountain pass remove

mines encounter remove

ensk I hate but no actually a bad map

westfield, live oaks, serene coast, need more work, one area or even one square far too important and unbalance as a result

Pilsen getting a major buff

malinovka, prok, Kharkov, Stalingrad, awesome, love them and glacier so far looks good and previously mentioned murovanka always a map I enjoyed, steppes ditto

paris ok, not great but not as bad as my remove list and better than current Pilsen and ensk

simplest answer to most maps is make them bigger, 11x11 and the extra space would be use to balance maps easily

JocMeister #12 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20592 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Hi guys,

Mines - This needs to go from T6+

Erlendberg - Its horrible right now. Remove the open areas and remove the TD sniping positions. Undo the stupid flattening. Worst map in the game right now.

Steppes - Remove the stupid sniping positions they added.

Mountain pass - Have armor or go home. This map needs to go from T6+.

Abbey - Open up between the 4 corridors. More access to middle.

Westfield - Need more arty cover. Fix the broken TD position so TDs cant fire unspotted from there.

Fjords - This map is so bad now. Too many fixes needed to list them all.

Murovanka - Needs a lot more arty cover.

Overlord - Beach needs to be closed off or map removed.

Glacier - Needs to go. Redline camping wet dream. This map is just flat out bad.

Fishermans Bay. Need more cover in the middle. Undo the flattening. More cover between city and both spawns.

Cliff - Road to lighthouse needs more cover from both sides. Right now its too easy to smack any LTs/MTs going there. Middle needs more arty cover.

Paris - More cover in the avenues so people can actually use them to move up and flank.

Mosjmosh #13 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36639 battles
I think the new iteration of maps are interesting and rather fun to play. Albeit I haven't played much yet. Played Abbey once and it seems the water road is completely isolated now?

_Anarchistic_ #14 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

View PostJocMeister, on 24 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Erlendberg - Its horrible right now. Remove the open areas and remove the TD sniping positions. Undo the stupid flattening. Worst map in the game right now.

Westfield - Need more arty cover. Fix the broken TD position so TDs cant fire unspotted from there.

Glacier - Needs to go. Redline camping wet dream. This map is just flat out bad.

Fishermans Bay. Need more cover in the middle. Undo the flattening. More cover between city and both spawns.

Cliff - Road to lighthouse needs more cover from both sides. Right now its too easy to smack any LTs/MTs going there. Middle needs more arty cover.

Paris - More cover in the avenues so people can actually use them to move up and flank.

​glacier I disagree with you entirely.  you have to go middle, if you camp you lose every time

as for arty cover, the issue is arty, not the cover

JocMeister #15 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20592 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 24 March 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

​glacier I disagree with you entirely.  you have to go middle, if you camp you lose every time

as for arty cover, the issue is arty, not the cover

Yeah, you and I know that. But 95% of your team and the enemy team will barely leave the spawn. The map just invites the masses to not do anything. Just like Erlenberg.

SABAOTH #16 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36414 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJocMeister, on 24 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Basically we are left with Malinovka and Himmeldorf :coin:

Mav75 #17 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29437 battles
  • [SXSE] SXSE

Fjords: entire middle (open kill zone).

Erlenberg: north-west corner (too flat with no cover) and whole middle (too cluttered).

Paris: corridor city.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users