Slow battle loading - fix for all without SSD (most rather)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

CorpusDortus #1 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34718 battles

Hi All....

let's make a short summary first:

1) You have loooong battle loading time (you appear in battle after countdown - in my case 20+ seconds. Unacceptable....)

2) You have powerful  HW enough  - means CPU, GPU, lot of RAM ( in my case i5 3.4 GHz, RX480 8GB, 16 GB RAM DDR3 1866)

3) BUT you DON'T have SSD HD, just classic HDD (in my case some WD 7200 1TB). Whole game  (and system too) installed there....

What we know already (others found before) ? : It seems, that optimization of audio is crippled somehow in 1.0, and this is what prolongs battle loading time a lot. Unacceptable long...

What is audio packages 1.0 use : (usual location,,,, depends where you installed game)

c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\audioww-part1.pkg

c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\audioww-part2.pkg

(some 1.3 GB in total)

Is it your problem ?: Try to disable sound (in game client), restart client... try one battle without sound. Was battle loading time acceptable now ? (I bet it was,,, as for thousands of other players, as you can find from forums)

If you HAVE a SSD, then solution COULD (not MUST, as I can see some people where it didn't helped), be  moving audio packages there, and then "mklink"  them... (works for a lot of people,,,, for those didn't - continue reading)

BUT YOU DON'T HAVE SSD. WHAT TO DO ?

Solution !!!!

RAMDISK

I expect you have enough RAM. I have 16GB = pretty OK, 8GB would be OK too... I have no idea if 4GB (you can try... but you will need to free up some 1.5 GB)

1) download some RAMDisk SW - in my case RadeonRAMDisk - free edition is pretty enough it can do up to 4BG Ramdisk, if you have no problem with advertisement little window on your desktop....I don't). Works for WIN 7,8,10...

http://www.radeonram...e_downloads.php

(there is a lot of other SW does exactly the same e.g. DataRAMdisk seems is the same as one from Radeon, IMDisk Toolkit, SoftPerfect RAMdisk etc......) Doesn't matter. Download some you like and can do at least 1.5 GB ramdisk

2) Install it and run RAMDISK SW.  I did 2GB size (better adressing - have enough RAM.... but 1.4 would be enough). Select drive letter  - "Z:" in my case (default from Radeon SW)

(you can play with setup, eg. to create backup .img automatically to reload RAMDISK content after computer restart and keep backup... but it doesn't matter now...)

3) Create folder on your RAMDISK.... I did Z:\WOTaudio\

4) Copy both audio packages there (see above, those .pkg files)

5) If you copied files (didn't moved) rename them in original location (give them e.g. .old extesion or so,,,, doesn't matter what.... files of that name simply CAN'T exist in original loaction c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\

IMPORTANT : Anyhow KEEP them both somewhere. If you MOVED them,,, you can lost them once computer is restarted, if you didn't setup some backup in our RAMDISK software )

6) RUN command line AS ADMIN !!!! (you need admin rights) - e.g. WINsearch for "cmd",,, once command line appears, right click and Run as Administrator

7) make link for them

In my case:

mklink c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\audioww-part1.pkg z:\WOTaudio\audioww-part1.pkg

mklink c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\audioww-part2.pkg z:\WOTaudio\audioww-part2.pkg

where

c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\   -  is original loaction

and

z:\WOTaudio\ - is new - RAMDISK location

See  screenshot below... system would answer symbolic link was created and you would see zero size files or the same name in original location.

If you don't something went wrong (incorrect path, no admin rights in command line etc... try again - it MUST work if you follow those points correctly)

8) run the game (with audio enabled - of course :) ) and enjoy normal "battle loading"... I'm in battle 20 seconds of coundown remains.... pretty gooooood

9) You did it? Works it now ? ... call me "Master of Universe" since now - forever:)

NOTE: THIS DO NOT SOLVE INITIAL IN-BATTLE FREEZE WHEN YOU FIRST LOOK AROUND (even this seems to be shorter ... 1-3 seconds max in my case)

/I'll try to analyze it too.... but have no time on today/

Murphys_Lawbringer #2 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23432 battles
  • [LARVA] LARVA

So much work just to play.

I have the issues you mention as so many other do aswell. Lag from hell at battlestart, crappy sound, freeze/ crash and some times it takes up to 2 min before I can move in game.

I had no issues what so ever before 1.0

I pay for this game and I find it extremely annoying that 1.0 was released without proper testing. Now I can hardly play, and when I do I get frustrated.

I should get payed for doing what you suggest.

I should not have to alter or change anything that is not gamerelated in my computer to be able to play.

This is sad.

CorpusDortus #3 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34718 battles

View PostMurphys_Lawbringer, on 24 March 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

So much work just to play.

I have the issues you mention as so many other do aswell. Lag from hell at battlestart, crappy sound, freeze/ crash and some times it takes up to 2 min before I can move in game.

I had no issues what so ever before 1.0

I pay for this game and I find it extremely annoying that 1.0 was released without proper testing. Now I can hardly play, and when I do I get frustrated.

I should get payed for doing what you suggest.

I should not have to alter or change anything that is not gamerelated in my computer to be able to play.

This is sad.

Well.... I don't say you are not right.... 

But problems (like those) happens with ANY cutover.

I had issues too.... and I was trying to resolve them.  And I tried to help other players as well - sharing it. That's all and that's community.

Be positive, don't cry (no offense) :)

BTW: whole thing I described above is 10 mins work - less rather (where 5 mins is downloading/installing RAMDisk.... nothing special, believe me. Just try it. And no,,,, you really shouldn't get payed for it. It's completely free :popcorn:)

_Patrol #4 Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 39062 battles
  • [_COM] _COM

Fix2.

Uninstall Nvidia HD audio if exists.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-keeps-deleting-audio-drivers/2ed4a266-83db-4a41-b6eb-7f8e1abcf995

Download and install the latest audio drivers

Asus

Realtek

Sound Blaster

Edited by _Patrol, 26 March 2018 - 10:51 AM.

JustMonika #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13498 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

This actually has been a problem for me for the last few months. 

I thank you good sir, for providing a solution o7

JimMorr #6 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21714 battles
  • [S_O_W] S_O_W
Thanks, solved 1.0 issue.

INDEVtHEBEAST #7 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3424 battles

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\01_karelia_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\01_karelia_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\02_malinovka_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\02_malinovka_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\03_campania_big_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\03_campania_big_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\04_himmelsdorf_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\04_himmelsdorf_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\05_prohorovka_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\05_prohorovka_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\06_ensk_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\006_ensk_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\07_lakeville_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\07_lakeville_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\08_ruinberg_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\08_ruinberg_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\10_hills_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\10_hills_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\11_murovanka_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\02_malinovka_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\13_erlenberg_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\13_erlenberg_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\14_siegfried_line_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\14_siegfried_line_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\18_cliff_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\18_cliff_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\19_monastery_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\19_monastery_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\23_westfeld_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\23_westfeld_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\28_desert_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\28_desert_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\29_el_hallouf_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\29_el_hallouf_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\31_airfield_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\31_airfield_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\33_fjord_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\33_fjord_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\34_redshire_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\34_redshire_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\35_steppes_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\35_steppes_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\36_fishing_bay_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\36_fishing_bay_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\37_caucasus_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\37_caucasus_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\38_mannerheim_line_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\38_mannerheim_line_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\44_north_america_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\44_north_america_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\47_canada_a_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\47_canada_a_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\63_tundra_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\63_tundra_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\101_dday_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\101_dday_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\112_eiffel_tower_ctf_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\112_eiffel_tower_ctf_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\115_sweden_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\115_sweden_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\208_bf_epic_normandy_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\208_bf_epic_normandy_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\212_epic_random_valley_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\212_epic_random_valley_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\hangar_v3_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\hangar_v3_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\hangar_victory_day_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\hangar_victory_day_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\misc_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\misc_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\particles_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\particles_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\shared_content_hd-part1.pkg C:\WoTHD\shared_content_hd-part1.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\shared_content_hd-part2.pkg C:\WoTHD\shared_content_hd-part2.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\shared_content_sandbox_hd-part1.pkg C:\WoTHD\shared_content_sandbox_hd-part1.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\shared_content_sandbox_hd-part2.pkg C:\WoTHD\shared_content_sandbox_hd-part2.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_01_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_01_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_02_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_02_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_03_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_03_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_04_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_04_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_05_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_05_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_06_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_06_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_07_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_07_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_08_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_08_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_09_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_09_hd.pkg

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\vehicles_level_10_hd.pkg C:\WoTHD\vehicles_level_10_hd.pkg

audio:

mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\audioww-part1.pkg C:\WOTaudio\audioww-part1.pkg
mklink E:\Jatekok\WoT\res\packages\audioww-part2.pkg C:\WOTaudio\audioww-part2.pkg

Its all hd pack

markaabo #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

Edit2: i completely remade the batch program for more infomation check my reply down below

I made a .bat file which helps with the linking process its attached, just follow the instructions below for SSD/Ramdisk Linking

1. Find your WOT install directory

2. Go to World_of_Tanks\res\packages, and search "hd" inside the packages folder

3. Create a folder on your SSD or ramdisk (For ramdisk install follow instructions on forum)

4. Move all the hd .pkg files to your new location on your SSD or Ramdisk

5. Open the WOT_HD_LINKER in your text editor

6. find the function "replace" and select "NEW_LOCATION" and replace it with your SSD/Ramdisk folder directory. example: C:\Program Files (x86)\World_of_Tanks-Link

7. Again "replace" and select "WOT_LOCATION" and replace it with your WOT install directory. example: E:\_Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages

8. Run WOT_HD_LINKER.bat as ADMIN, YOU NEED ADMIN RIGHTS!

9. Check your folders and they should now have the files linked

10. Now you should be done, Play World of Tanks

Edit: Fixed my code in the batch file

Edited by markaabo, 12 August 2018 - 02:24 PM.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #9 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15448 battles
For the price of a T8 premium tank, you can get a 120 GB SSD. I'd recommend getting the SSD, considering the PMM fiasco.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 05 June 2018 - 09:39 PM.

OLDmullwarp #10 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 81942 battles
  • [SV2] SV2

That was the solution! And it is a long instruction but it took only 10 minutes all in all. 

Battle loads fast. From between 5-45 seconds slow to now beeing there before clock starts ticking or, as worst, 25 secs before start.

And I only linked the 2 audiopackages as the first post mention. No need to copy all of the content of the packages folder that later posts suggests. Don't think the RAM have space for that and it is not necessary. 

Edited by OLDmullwarp, 07 June 2018 - 08:22 AM.

markaabo #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

View PostOLDmullwarp, on 06 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

That was the solution! And it is a long instruction but it took only 10 minutes all in all. 

Battle loads fast. From between 5-45 seconds slow to now beeing there before clock starts ticking or, as worst, 25 secs before start.

And I only linked the 2 audiopackages as the first post mention. No need to copy all of the content of the packages folder that later posts suggests. Don't think the RAM have space for that and it is not necessary. 

For me it didnt help that much only doing it to the audio, and i tried doing just some of the other hd packs but that just made my game load even slower so when i moved all the hd packs and made a link via my linker bat it worked

it really seems like wargaming needs to fix something about the game loading

decha9 #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16229 battles

Also working on pendrive ;)

I created a script, casue after WoT update you need repeat steps....

make a txt file, name it something.bat and paste this:

Spoiler

enter a corect path, where D:\ is a pendrive, and RUN AS A ADMIN something.bat

Edited by decha9, 14 June 2018 - 03:31 PM.

Azuria #13 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50416 battles

I removed all the replays in the replay folder (6 GB).

That actually made a significant improvement as well for some reason.

Miina #14 Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26640 battles
  • [ASEXO] ASEXO
Same thing here, I can run ultra 120 fps and notch down 180 fps but I'm always in just when battle starts or max ten sec after. Quite frustrating, but nice to see that I'm not alone with this :D 

Miina #15 Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26640 battles
  • [ASEXO] ASEXO
Actually just updated my nvidia drivers and game works now ok!

d00d_101 #16 Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10919 battles
  • [T_101] T_101

View Post_Patrol, on 25 March 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

That worked for me, didn't even have to install the other drivers (using a Jabra bluetooth headset). Should have searched for this sooner...

But glad it worked.

\Thanks

_Patrol #17 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 39062 battles
  • [_COM] _COM
You're welcome.

nulldev #18 Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11711 battles

DEFRAG THE GAME FILES! The downloader makes a mess.

Use Piriform defraggler, it's free.

Core2Duo processor and WD Green HDD and still loading normally.

Monx_pl #19 Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3264 battles
  • [1PATR] 1PATR

CorpusDortus - you are my Master of the Universe and deserve a monument! This has solved my issue and I tried a LOT, both on my own and following WG Support's advice. Nothing worked until I applied this solution.

I believe this thread should be a sticky before WG optimizes their audio-related game code.

markaabo #20 Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

New topic for linker with all future updates

Okay so the old linker i made was kinda bad, so i redid it completely!

it now automatically runs everything! makes the folders and moves, copies, everything

you only need to give it the info it asks for, for example your WOT install dir

you can also say if its only the audio packages or ALL of the hd/audio packages that needs to be linked

so if you just need the audio packages linked it does only that

from the start its set to audio packages only so you just need to set locations
the rar file includes a folder which need to be extracted somewhere of your liking

!!YOU CAN NOT EXTRACT THE INDIVIDUAL FILES DIFFERENT PLACES!!
!!They all must be in 1 folder with no other files so just extract the folder from the rar!!

i have only tested it on my pc and my friends pc, so feedback is welcome :)

Update log:

Spoiler

Attached File   WOT_Packages_Linker_U2.rar   4.69K

Edited by markaabo, 12 August 2018 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users