Jump to content


MTLS-1G14 Nerfed (Extravaganza tank)


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Badz360 #1 Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11995 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

I was under the impression this was an auto-loader with 5x2 shells in a clip.

 

That might have been what it was in the past - but now it's 2 just rounds then 4.5 second reload - no longer a (double) auto-loader.



Balc0ra #2 Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66565 battles
  • 16,604
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBadz360, on 24 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

I was under the impression this was an auto-loader with 5x2 shells in a clip.

 

That might have been what it was in the past - but now it's 2 just rounds then 4.5 second reload - no longer a (double) auto-loader.

 

Console uses the pre nerf version still. There it still has the 37mm, but it has 45 pen vs 68 here with the 5x2 clip.  So there with the less pen, it's basically like a nerfed T7 CC one tier up. They did test that variant on PC a few months back. But soon nerfed the clip to 2 rounds, buffed the pen, nerfed the HP and DPM and the view range by 50m. 

 

As before it had 1400 dpm and 400 burst damage. Now less so.



Milpac #3 Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13055 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

View PostBadz360, on 24 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

I was under the impression this was an auto-loader with 5x2 shells in a clip.

 

That might have been what it was in the past - but now it's 2 just rounds then 4.5 second reload - no longer a (double) auto-loader.

 

In the past it has had a 10 round auto loader, I saw it wrecking PZICs.

This version is a total pos.

The event was worth doing for the extra silver but this tank is a complete let down.

I'm undecided whether to keep it (sold Tog and BT7 Art, and regret it), or sell the lump of junk and free up the free garage.

If this event had actually required effort, rather than just playing as normal I would be very, very disappointed.

While it's nice to get free stuff when it turns out to be total crap it just leaves a bad taste.

WG, sort yourself out, this is just insulting, buff this junk back to a usable level.

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66565 battles
  • 16,604
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMilpac, on 24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

 

In the past it has had a 10 round auto loader, I saw it wrecking PZICs.

This version is a total pos.

 

5x2.. as in 5 burst of 2 shots, it never had 10 rounds of one burst ever tbh. Now it's 1 burst of 2 if you will. But it had 45 pen. Even vs Pz 1c's it can still bounce on low rolls. As it don't dominate every paper target, even on console unless you go full gold. Tho the DPM was 1400. That's still high for a tier III, as most are on 1200 ish. But still it's not 700 like the Todli III.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 March 2018 - 07:15 PM.


WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

The problem is not the gun statistics, DPM or whatever.

 

It's what makes the gun system unique. Having two guns firing independently is what probably most would be looking for. That would be a new mech, after all.

 

This is pretty much a Tier III Covenanter with the Pom-Pom.



Atloas #6 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9940 battles
  • 332
  • [MTAA] MTAA
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 24 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

The problem is not the gun statistics, DPM or whatever.

 

It's what makes the gun system unique. Having two guns firing independently is what probably most would be looking for. That would be a new mech, after all.

 

This is pretty much a Tier III Covenanter with the Pom-Pom.

 

Had they given it the upcoming Italian autorealoading mechanism (or whatever was it called) but with the same reload time for each shell, and short intraclip reload, it'd pretty much work like two separate guns. No need for actual new systems.



PanzerSjegget #7 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 17078 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-21-2010
At present this tank is boring. Sure it has 2 guns, but the way they fire it could just have been 1 gun with a 2 shell magazine. It is utterly pointless. I'd rather have it do small burst damage than what it is doing now. Give me the 2x5 clips and give it 10 dmg pr shot, make it unload fast and give it passable reload. Make it fun and different. 

SABAOTH #8 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36802 battles
  • 2,915
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostAtloas, on 24 March 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

 

Had they given it the upcoming Italian autorealoading mechanism (or whatever was it called) but with the same reload time for each shell, and short intraclip reload, it'd pretty much work like two separate guns. No need for actual new systems.

 

This tank is actually very, very old

PoIestar #9 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31917 battles
  • 4,120
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

The Wargaming Effect [expression]

 

"Bring out a tank for limited time/amount, then do nothing with it for years and years, so people will start talking about the tank. After those years, they release it tied with some (ninja)nerfs so people will play the game/buy it and discover it was all hype and nothing special." 

 

Example:

"Man, I looked forward to when Wargaming released the M6A2E1 in 2017. I then discovered it was only on par with other heavies, and I've waited YEARS for that? Typical Wargaming Effect."



SABAOTH #10 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36802 battles
  • 2,915
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostPoIestar, on 24 March 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

The Wargaming Effect [expression]

 

"Bring out a tank for limited time/amount, then do nothing with it for years and years, so people will start talking about the tank. After those years, they release it tied with some (ninja)nerfs so people will play the game/buy it and discover it was all hype and nothing special." 

 

Example:

"Man, I looked forward to when Wargaming released the M6A2E1 in 2017. I then discovered it was only on par with other heavies, and I've waited YEARS for that? Typical Wargaming Effect."

 

I don't think there is huge hype for a low tier one though.

 

I like it because is different



PoIestar #11 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31917 battles
  • 4,120
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostSABAOTH, on 24 March 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

 

I don't think there is huge hype for a low tier one though.

 

Eh?

The MTLS is probably the rarest tank in the game. 

Tank collectors will go crazy on whatever tier tank, just look at the SU-76I. 

The Pz II J and BT-SV used to be a similar story when they weren't "released" in 2015. The MTLS never got that treatment, hence nobody had one. 

WG even gave out the BT-SV and II J to CC's (or atleast to Jingles, not sure whether others got them) but the MTLS, never.

 

Some people would sell body parts to own an MTLS. Which means that if they release it, which they do, everyone and their dog is playing the crap out of the game to get one. Then they own one and discover that it's actually quite mediocre, but it's that one tank they've always wanted. It's a bit like me and my T-55A. It's not better than the T-54, it's not even that good of a tier 9 medium. But I love it nevertheless, it took effort to get one and it was worth it.

 

I think that's pretty much "hyped".


Edited by PoIestar, 24 March 2018 - 09:20 PM.


OreH75 #12 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48235 battles
  • 2,215
  • [RANGR] RANGR
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
Pff, stop crying if you get something for free, sell it or keep it, simple.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66565 battles
  • 16,604
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostPoIestar, on 24 March 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

The Wargaming Effect [expression]

 

"Bring out a tank for limited time/amount, then do nothing with it for years and years, so people will start talking about the tank. After those years, they release it tied with some (ninja)nerfs so people will play the game/buy it and discover it was all hype and nothing special." 

 

Example:

"Man, I looked forward to when Wargaming released the M6A2E1 in 2017. I then discovered it was only on par with other heavies, and I've waited YEARS for that? Typical Wargaming Effect."

 

So you are blaming the forum for hyping up a tank on WG? M6A2E1 has been the same for years. Meta caught up with it that's all. But to be fair, that tank in the old state would be broken as all heck. Just look old press account videos from 2012 or even 2014 and you would see nothing but steam rolls. Tho even on low tiers the meta has changed so much that even the II J get raped at times. So now even the old version would be "meh" today at best. As the console version of it is. I hardly play mine there, even with the Xmas lights on it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 March 2018 - 09:33 PM.


PoIestar #14 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31917 battles
  • 4,120
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
I'm not blaming anyone for anything. This is just what happens over and over again. What causes it doesn't matter.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66565 battles
  • 16,604
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostPoIestar, on 24 March 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

I'm not blaming anyone for anything. This is just what happens over and over again. What causes it doesn't matter.

 

 You did.. you blamed WG.. even named the effect after them. Hype is not something they can control. And as I said. If they released it in 2012. It would be OP and broken as all heck. But today? Nah it would still work with a 5 round burst mag, even with a longer reload. Pen is so crap you will hardly ever see the 400 burst damage anyway.

Szatanshow #16 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24615 battles
  • 336
  • [_OF_] _OF_
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013
Sad part is - all this new players getting goldspam on tier 1 thx to this even Gonna leave the game before getting tier 2

Edited by Szatanshow, 24 March 2018 - 10:04 PM.


Bordhaw #17 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11698 battles
  • 2,638
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostPoIestar, on 24 March 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Eh?

The MTLS is probably the rarest tank in the game. 

Tank collectors will go crazy on whatever tier tank, just look at the SU-76I. 

The Pz II J and BT-SV used to be a similar story when they weren't "released" in 2015. The MTLS never got that treatment, hence nobody had one. 

WG even gave out the BT-SV and II J to CC's (or atleast to Jingles, not sure whether others got them) but the MTLS, never.

 

Some people would sell body parts to own an MTLS. Which means that if they release it, which they do, everyone and their dog is playing the crap out of the game to get one. Then they own one and discover that it's actually quite mediocre, but it's that one tank they've always wanted. It's a bit like me and my T-55A. It's not better than the T-54, it's not even that good of a tier 9 medium. But I love it nevertheless, it took effort to get one and it was worth it.

 

I think that's pretty much "hyped".

 

 

I got the MTLS this afternoon. Played two or three games in it - meh. 

 



SABAOTH #18 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36802 battles
  • 2,915
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostSzatanshow, on 24 March 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Sad part is - all this new players getting goldspam on tier 1 thx to this even Gonna leave the game before getting tier 2

 

Do you really think they notice?

 

View PostPoIestar, on 24 March 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Eh?

The MTLS is probably the rarest tank in the game. 

Tank collectors will go crazy on whatever tier tank, just look at the SU-76I. 

The Pz II J and BT-SV used to be a similar story when they weren't "released" in 2015. The MTLS never got that treatment, hence nobody had one. 

WG even gave out the BT-SV and II J to CC's (or atleast to Jingles, not sure whether others got them) but the MTLS, never.

 

Some people would sell body parts to own an MTLS. Which means that if they release it, which they do, everyone and their dog is playing the crap out of the game to get one. Then they own one and discover that it's actually quite mediocre, but it's that one tank they've always wanted. It's a bit like me and my T-55A. It's not better than the T-54, it's not even that good of a tier 9 medium. But I love it nevertheless, it took effort to get one and it was worth it.

 

I think that's pretty much "hyped".

 

 

I am pretty happy they released it. Aced already 470 damage is enough :teethhappy:



Atloas #19 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9940 battles
  • 332
  • [MTAA] MTAA
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostSABAOTH, on 24 March 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

 

This tank is actually very, very old

 

Yeah, I know. It did get rebalanced before the event, though.

basin79 #20 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15351 battles
  • 8,735
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
WG have been paying popular Twitch streamers to advertise WoT.

Simultaneously they've also decided to let seasoned WoT players win a tier 3 tank.

Welcome to WoT new players.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users