What was redesigner of Fisherman's Bay smoking?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

omglaserspewpew #1 Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

I'm sure most of the people know about this after one day, but in case someone doesn't - Fisherman's Bay redesign was apparently done by some nutjob who thought it's cool to expose a third of the map to early spots that can't be countered. Just go to this spot and you effectively prohibit heavies from going to the town.

This is extremely idiotic, not only because it makes a big portion fo the map very frustrating to play, but because it makes all those newbie heavy players scared of moving, which will make kempink bush in E75s and the such even more prevalent. Seriusly, the old way of taking a risk to spot heavies approaching town (because you could easily get counterspotted) was ideal; whe the hell did they change it?!

Even skill4ltu made a vid about this today.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61200 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
eh......... its same in all meps ... spottin has changed ... now you see things youve not seen before :D rip spoting personal missenz

SABAOTH #3 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm sure most of the people know about this after one day, but in case someone doesn't - Fisherman's Bay redesign was apparently done by some nutjob who thought it's cool to expose a third of the map to early spots that can't be countered. Just go to this spot and you effectively prohibit heavies from going to the town.

This is extremely idiotic, not only because it makes a big portion fo the map very frustrating to play, but because it makes all those newbie heavy players scared of moving, which will make kempink bush in E75s and the such even more prevalent. Seriusly, the old way of taking a risk to spot heavies approaching town (because you could easily get counterspotted) was ideal; whe the hell did they change it?!

First thing I did.

There is a mirror spot the other side that does exactly the same :trollface:

Bordhaw #4 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11756 battles
I've played this a few times today and that was comments for this map - too open. 

dimethylcadmium #5 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7157 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Yeah, out of all maps, i like the Fisherman's bay the least. South spawn is better because of that bush

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38623 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 March 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ok, so for a while now there has been a great deal of debate on the forum about the corridor state of the majority of the maps.

Fishermans Bay being amongst the worst of them.

Now they open it up and that's still a problem?:unsure:

fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

Just go to this spot and you effectively prohibit heavies from going to the town.

If you take a look at your own minimap, you will see that the heavies can still go to town safely, they just need to take a longer route. And if I remember correctly, the other side has a similiar location, that will not only spot the enemy heavies going to town, but also put the other sides spotter in risk of getting spotted.

Me personally like the changes to all of of the maps, including the flattening of maps. It allows for much more interesting gameplay for classes like LTs and TDs. Even though many of the maps are still corridor-ish, the flattening has made these maps more viable for a wider range of tanks.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 25 March 2018 - 05:27 AM.

Sfinski #8 Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32016 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 24 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Ok, so for a while now there has been a great deal of debate on the forum about the corridor state of the majority of the maps.

Fishermans Bay being amongst the worst of them.

Now they open it up and that's still a problem?:unsure:

Opening them didn't remove any corridors, opening them like that just increased no-go zones. Like in Erlenberg also.  

Pandabird #9 Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostSfinski, on 25 March 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Opening them didn't remove any corridors, opening them like that just increased no-go zones. Like in Erlenberg also.  

But steve insisted!

Open areas and no-go zones ftw!

Edited by Pandabird, 25 March 2018 - 07:41 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29891 battles

Community: Too many corridor maps, this sucks, make them more open!!

WG: Ok, no problem.

Community: These maps are too open, this sucks!

It's almost like people were asking for stuff without considering the consequences. This is why WG ignores you most of the time.

Apotekarnes #11 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35370 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
I agree! I actually liked the old Fishermans bay, but the new version is just utter shiet! Heavies are super easy to spot and I dont like the new TD kemp-bushes behind the cap circles either.

TheDayWeDie #12 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17269 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 March 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Community: Too many corridor maps, this sucks, make them more open!!

WG: Ok, no problem.

Community: These maps are too open, this sucks!

The opposition of an extreme is not the other extrem, it's normality.

It seems that WG goes from one extreme to the other one, from closed, corridor maps to open, very open maps.

Don't get me wrong, I do well on these new maps, quite well but I must admit that the game style has changed. It seems more chaotic now with no possibility to choose an interesting strategy. It's rather like a butchery. One more thing: the big enthusiasm for playing arty again is a major turn off. Almost all the games have 6 arties in it.

Roudari #13 Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34124 battles

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Classic example of not bother to look at the map before doing something. Look at the minimap and see that both team can go to city without being spotted, but you both have to go the long way.. Its more balanced now since before upper team got to the city first and without an effort, now both have to go longer route. I think this map too is better now than before.

Etre_ #14 Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostSABAOTH, on 24 March 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

First thing I did.

There is a mirror spot the other side that does exactly the same :trollface:

Until there comes someone like me and wrecks the [edited] out of those spotters. Damage + assist  ... healthy for 3 marks. 

Oh !! And there are some more advanced bushes that allows TDs to shoot middle if the guys peek too aggressively.

Edited by Etre_, 25 March 2018 - 10:18 AM.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9095 battles

View PostCrazyTracks, on 25 March 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Classic example of not bother to look at the map before doing something. Look at the minimap and see that both team can go to city without being spotted, but you both have to go the long way.. Its more balanced now since before upper team got to the city first and without an effort, now both have to go longer route. I think this map too is better now than before.

Not sure about South, but North is very exposed, even going 'the long way.' The centre now flanks the city too effectively. The same situation does not seem mirrored in the South. Edit: And the map shows a lot of green tanks safe in the South but does not say much about the North situation.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 25 March 2018 - 10:47 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29891 battles

View PostTheDayWeDie, on 25 March 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I do well on these new maps, quite well but I must admit that the game style has changed. It seems more chaotic now with no possibility to choose an interesting strategy. It's rather like a butchery. One more thing: the big enthusiasm for playing arty again is a major turn off. Almost all the games have 6 arties in it.

It will do because the patch has only been out 5 minutes and some maps have changed playstyle and people haven't figured out what and where they need to be so they're all driving all over the place like spastics. Likewise those that feel out of their comfort zone are falling back onto safer vehicles (arty/TD) while they work out what's new so there's going to be a resulting spike in those classes for a while. It'll settle down in due course the same way the MM will get utterly spammed with Italian tanks the first week they get released and will eventually settle back to a norm.

DracheimFlug #17 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9095 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 March 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

It will do because the patch has only been out 5 minutes and some maps have changed playstyle and people haven't figured out what and where they need to be so they're all driving all over the place like spastics. Likewise those that feel out of their comfort zone are falling back onto safer vehicles (arty/TD) while they work out what's new so there's going to be a resulting spike in those classes for a while. It'll settle down in due course the same way the MM will get utterly spammed with Italian tanks the first week they get released and will eventually settle back to a norm.

There is a lot of this, but this is the only map so far where I found an exception. The North end of the city is very exposed from the South centre positions, and those positions themselves have good cover from those in the city. This makes the city easy to flank from the South and this does not seem to be mirrored from the North.

Asklepi0s #18 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

• 7330 battles
Thread cleaned. Please avoid non constructive conflicts.
Have a nice day !

Element6 #19 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29386 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You will only stop them from going to town if you actually have allies with you that can shoot...

Blubba #20 Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54424 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

View PostCrazyTracks, on 25 March 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

I sort of agree but north spawn seems to have a lot less city to actually manoeuvre in. South spawn has not only more buildings but longer firing lines to give more firing positions. I am fairly average though so I could be talking out of my hat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users