Jump to content


Difficulty Game Settings - a proposal

Difficulty Settings Suggestion Proof of Concept Dream Settings

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Game difficulty settings (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to have a settings to control the overall difficulty of the game?

  1. Yes (9 votes [18.37%])

    Percentage of vote: 18.37%

  2. No (30 votes [61.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 61.22%

  3. It's Random and must stay so. I like SealClubbing. (10 votes [20.41%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.41%

Vote Hide poll

piratha #1 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10430 battles
  • 145
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

WoT it's a game but it's totally missing a Difficulty slider, how so? You cannot customize the gaming environment and the pace at which you interact with it. You are only able to hit alt+F4 during a battle if you want to stop it.

 

Sooooo, I totally took the liberty and pictured a possible control panel: what about these game settings, can we disgress about them a little?

 

And here below the stop-image and the description panel.

What do you think, what do you like/don't? How would you have implemented them? Would be nice to submit these to a Community Manager and hear some feedback :popcorn:

 

I'm sure, tonight I'll dream about selecting that last option on the SPGs.. :coin:


Edited by piratha, 24 March 2018 - 09:54 PM.


Televizija_na_tockovima #2 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17541 battles
  • 327
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
Answer is simple. Game is not made for people to enjoy, it is made for Wargaming to earn your money. If all would play in easy level, nobody would pay to them. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

So a 3x defender platoon can pay to be top tier all the time? Yeah if something would kill of the game faster then you can say cake. It would be that thing.

 

Tho for missions. I suspect most would still use the bottom tier option more.



Szatanshow #4 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24298 battles
  • 317
  • [_OF_] _OF_
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

I woudl like to have a mode where SPG have to pay 50gold for each hit to a player they hit and 200 to a player they kill

And gold spamers 100 gold to player they kill while firing gold


Edited by Szatanshow, 24 March 2018 - 10:19 PM.


piratha #5 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10430 battles
  • 145
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 March 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

So a 3x defender platoon can pay to be top tier all the time? Yeah if something would kill of the game faster then you can say cake. It would be that thing.

 

Tho for missions. I suspect most would still use the bottom tier option more.

 

All 15 Tanks all Tier X.. all "top tier", check. :sceptic:

Homer_J #6 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

You got your modes upside down.

 

It should be.

Easy mode - Always bottom tier, someone else to do the work for you.

Hard mode - Always top tier, if you don't pull you weight then you lose.



fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:17 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31210 battles
  • 3,908
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013
Pay to get better matchmaking so that you increase your chances to win? No thanks, we don't need more P2W elements in this game :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29206 battles
  • 2,269
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
100 gold just to be top tier? No thanks, I'll just take my chances with MM and win anyway.

250swb #9 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22657 battles
  • 5,065
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
So you can pay 100 Gold to be top tier and increase your win ratio? It sounds just a bit like a mediocre athlete taking drugs to help him win doesn't it? It is quite frankly an attitude that stinks to high heaven and can only come from the mind of a child that cry's 'I want' and then he gets it. Bad players with money can look good, while good players who can't afford to boost their WR get all the crap chat in battle for appearing to be a noob. The whole system as proposed is designed fake a players true ability. WOT is a competitive game, use of illegal mods is punished because it is cheating, all the proposal does is take cheating the system away from mods and transfers it how much money somebody earns and how low their moral standards are concerning fair play.

Edited by 250swb, 25 March 2018 - 08:33 AM.


piratha #10 Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10430 battles
  • 145
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

You (in general) are concentrating on the option you desire most on the right side of the Dial (but that you are not willing to pay).

 

I'm looking at the leftmost one that will leave my tank always at the bottom end of the 3/5/7 (well, as of now), but will keep never the less the same tank numbers (and tier) as the other team, it will net you 1.5x Bonus on the effort.

 

If you check the second slider you can understand the meaning of the top bar: what you really do is pay to wait (considerably longer) to get comfortably in a battle in one of the three top slots (or 5, if two tier spread) - but you are not paying to be the only one, on the opponents team there are the same Tiers against you. Being in the Top Tier is not a sure win.

 

Don't forget the "+/-1 Tier" constrain or the "Monotier" mode (both ideally free) that are the real deal of these settings. All these Premium Tier 8 owner complaining of being bottom tier in Tier 10 matches.. nobody anymore complaining? Strange!

 

Funny though, nobody mentioned the "no SPG" choice :trollface:



Jigabachi #11 Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,049
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Good job with the effort and all, but... hell no. You obviously didn't bother to think about the consequences at all...
Besides that, can you name a few multiplayer games that have a difficulty setting? Why the hell do we need that?

Edited by Jigabachi, 25 March 2018 - 01:47 PM.


mpf1959 #12 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15708 battles
  • 783
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
I voted No, not because I'm any good, ( I often get clubbed) but because I love the randomness of it all. I have never been a computer game-player of any kind till I found this game via my son. The reason I love it is the totally random, oft-times exhilarating, but infuriating and frustrating madness of it ll, and I am convinced all of what the game is, is because it's real people, uncontrolled, untrammelled.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36793 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

PZ 2 J, always top tier.

 

Sounds legit



vuque #14 Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 17677 battles
  • 2,668
  • [YOQ] YOQ
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010
How about no?

piratha #15 Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10430 battles
  • 145
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

View Postmpf1959, on 25 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I voted No, not because I'm any good, ( I often get clubbed) but because I love the randomness of it all. I have never been a computer game-player of any kind till I found this game via my son. The reason I love it is the totally random, oft-times exhilarating, but infuriating and frustrating madness of it ll, and I am convinced all of what the game is, is because it's real people, uncontrolled, untrammelled.

 

Good point there, nicely worded :B


Edited by piratha, 25 March 2018 - 06:49 PM.


LordMuffin #16 Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48172 battles
  • 11,108
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
If no arty is free option, and everyone can only pick the +/-1 MM spread. Then I agree.

Velvet_Underground #17 Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 22243 battles
  • 3,191
  • Member since:
    12-19-2014

View Postvuque, on 25 March 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

How about no?

 

That must be one of those famous attempts from the WG staff to cover "controversial topics" and show that you guys really care as mentioned by you in this comment. I think I speak in behalf of a good part of the community when I say: Thank you very much for your valuable input, we can really thank our lucky stars for recieving such an amazing and elaborate contribution to this most important thread.

Aikl #18 Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25552 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Post250swb, on 25 March 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

So you can pay 100 Gold to be top tier and increase your win ratio? It sounds just a bit like a mediocre athlete taking drugs to help him win doesn't it? It is quite frankly an attitude that stinks to high heaven and can only come from the mind of a child that cry's 'I want' and then he gets it. Bad players with money can look good, while good players who can't afford to boost their WR get all the crap chat in battle for appearing to be a noob. The whole system as proposed is designed fake a players true ability. WOT is a competitive game, use of illegal mods is punished because it is cheating, all the proposal does is take cheating the system away from mods and transfers it how much money somebody earns and how low their moral standards are concerning fair play.

 

Or opting to run only against women to face less fierce competition.

 

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 25 March 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

 

That must be one of those famous attempts from the WG staff to cover "controversial topics" and show that you guys really care as mentioned by you in this comment. I think I speak in behalf of a good part of the community when I say: Thank you very much for your valuable input, we can really thank our lucky stars for recieving such an amazing and elaborate contribution to this most important thread.

 

Gotta agree the activity (in several threads) comes off as a bit off a knee-jerk reaction. Not the first time we've seen that happen; wouldn't mind if it wasn't temporary.

 

View Postmpf1959, on 25 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

I voted No, not because I'm any good, ( I often get clubbed) but because I love the randomness of it all. I have never been a computer game-player of any kind till I found this game via my son. The reason I love it is the totally random, oft-times exhilarating, but infuriating and frustrating madness of it ll, and I am convinced all of what the game is, is because it's real people, uncontrolled, untrammelled.

 

Have you got any opinion on the matchmaking system as a whole? Specifically being 'bottom-tier' rather often, or if you find the '3-5-7' setup accetable.

 

(Might seem weird that I'm asking, but most players on this forum are more dedicated players; literally checked ~250 users through a popular poll a few months ago. It's good to have some differing opinions. Also, your opinion happens to conflict with the idea that 'casual' players would prefer matchmaking where players of equal skill face each other.)



_Davidge_ #19 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11818 battles
  • 1,907
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

We just need ban of all modifications completly and game will  be perfect as it is and same for everyone.

 

 

 


Edited by Wayward_Current, 25 March 2018 - 08:44 PM.


MeetriX #20 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20517 battles
  • 2,741
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
Difficulty settings on PvP game.:facepalm:

Edited by MeetriX, 25 March 2018 - 11:15 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users