Crew missing!? O.o

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

feierfrosch #1 Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10876 battles

Yesterday I was driving my M4, today - the crew is gone. They seem to have deserted, run off into the woods or so.

I only got about 7 US tanks, so it was easy to look through all of them and into barracks (set to US only, all tank classes, all crew), but they're nowhere to be found. I didn't dismiss them either, and I bought no new tank, so I can't have them retrained whilst being totally drunk (which I wasn't in the last days anyways) either.

So... any suggestion on where the heck they might be? Is there any way of tracing what I might have done?

MeetriX #2 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20517 battles

Maybe they went to Maryland?

https://www.timeandd...us/maryland-day

Aikl #3 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Using any mods?

I reckon you also checked the correct 'location' (In Barracks and all vehicles)? Second, looked in the 'dismissed' tab, just in case? Crew is recoverable for a while if they're at least 100% trained, or something like that.

Edit:

Also, tried the 'Return to vehicle' feature for the tank the crew sat in? Small icon over the crew slots, second option in the drop-down menu.

Also, funny how this isn't the first time this week we've heard about stuff disappearing. I'd send a ticket to support if you're convinced it's a bug.

Edited by Aikl, 25 March 2018 - 11:11 PM.

feierfrosch #4 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10876 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 25 March 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Maybe they went to Maryland?

https://www.timeandd...us/maryland-day

That must be it :D

View PostAikl, on 25 March 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Using any mods?

I reckon you also checked the correct 'location' (In Barracks and all vehicles)? Second, looked in the 'dismissed' tab, just in case? Crew is recoverable for a while if they're at least 100% trained, or something like that.

Edit:

Also, tried the 'Return to vehicle' feature for the tank the crew sat in? Small icon over the crew slots, second option in the drop-down menu.

Also, funny how this isn't the first time this week we've heard about stuff disappearing. I'd send a ticket to support if you're convinced it's a bug.

Yeah, that's what I meant by stating 'set to US only, all tank classes, all crew'. I tried through all possible combinations, even the ones that didn't make sense, I also checked every Light and TD, but to no avail. They were not in the 'dismissed' tab, though they were not 100% trained, so if I do understand it correctly, they'll be gone for good IF I dismissed them. But as I wanted to keep the M4 and the Shermans after that, why should I dismiss them?

I tried right-clicking on the crew slots, there I get the option to 'Put own/best/same class/previous crew'. I tried that beforehand, no result. Now clicking on the Crew button above the crew slots (where you can send them back to barracks etc), it says 'all crew already dismissed'. At least that is some clue, although an incongruous one...

SuedKAT #5 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Since you've tried what I would have tried I'd go with sending a Ticket to Support as Aikl suggested:

https://eu.wargaming...wot/my-tickets/

Version43 #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6839 battles
  • [0N] 0N

You had a dedicated M4 crew? If you used the M3 Lee crew in the M4 without retraining for the vehicle and then moved them back to the Lee playing a game they would not show up.

Aikl #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postfeierfrosch, on 25 March 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

(...)

I tried right-clicking on the crew slots, there I get the option to 'Put own/best/same class/previous crew'. (...)

Mod (XVM) functionality, I believe? While it's not a likely cause (there'd be many more complaining about lost crews), I wouldn't exclude the option of a mod causing issues; despite being green-lighted by Wargaming. It's also unlikely that you'll get much help from support if mods could be the culprit.

That being said, the guy in this thread apparently had some stuff disappear, and was reimbursed in the end:

http://forum.worldof...8-did-you-ever/

feierfrosch #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10876 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 25 March 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Since you've tried what I would have tried I'd go with sending a Ticket to Support as Aikl suggested:

https://eu.wargaming...wot/my-tickets/

Yeah I did so, looking forward to what they say.

View PostVersion43, on 25 March 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

You had a dedicated M4 crew? If you used the M3 Lee crew in the M4 without retraining for the vehicle and then moved them back to the Lee playing a game they would not show up.

Nah, I sold the M3 Lee as it was a pain in the... and retrained the crew to the M4 as soon as I got it.

View PostAikl, on 25 March 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

Mod (XVM) functionality, I believe? While it's not a likely cause (there'd be many more complaining about lost crews), I wouldn't exclude the option of a mod causing issues; despite being green-lighted by Wargaming. It's also unlikely that you'll get much help from support if mods could be the culprit.

That being said, the guy in this thread apparently had some stuff disappear, and was reimbursed in the end:

http://forum.worldof...8-did-you-ever/

Didn't know that was XVM functionality. I just started in safe mode though, and still no M4 crew.

I opened a ticket earlier on, so let's see what they say...

I mean, as it was not even 100%, it's not that big a loss, but still, it bugs me that they're just gone. Maybe they just went for an unheralded weekend off...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users