The two worst things affecting Gameplay.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Xaneleon #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Hey everyone!

First of, the 1.0 patch was really generous I'd say to our pc's. New graphics with around the same load EZ Clap Clap stuff right there.

Whilst playing (Veteran of WoT for 5 years, come play and learn with me :) ) I noticed two of the most abhorring events being changed.

1: The old ricochets and the new penetrations with critical hits are the same. Namely, the marker above the tank turns black instead of white with the new patch.

I see that this is to indicate that you also did critical damage to tracks (and more stuff), but why was this system changed?

I feel like I bounce 8/10 of the shots because I see a black marker...

We could ALWAYS see what happened, because the tracks would fall off in the silhouette or you'd hear that bell indicating that you did critical damage.

The new way of displaying the information just adds to the clutter for me, it's really disorientating. Is there any way to remove the new system and get back to the old way?

The marker being white for EVERY penetration without showing the critical damage is so much better.

2: Whenever you get hit, the old system gave you a red screen for 1 frame that quickly fades. New system only gives the indicator, which feels lacking after playing so long with the old system.

I frequently see myself having to look at the indicator to see if I received damage (or hp bar for that matter). Why was this removed? Perhaps this is not that hard for most of you and prefer this system, but I really love the extra feedback the red screen gave you. It indicated danger for me and I'm having loads of struggles trying to adapt to the new system.

What do you think about these changes? Do you want to revert them back too?

And yes, I do realise that normal penetrations give you the white marker of old. But that's not the issue.

SirTogII #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47886 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
”The two worst things affecting gameplay...”
Dude! I mean....Dude!

Mildly annoying changes and an answer would be good but still....Dude!
We’ve got a Russian TD fast as a medium, impenetrable armour and fat [edited]gun. We’ve got Jap heavies with fkin Ship-cannons. We’ve got premium ammo spam.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20349 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I can't say about point 1 (I didn't understand what marker you where talking about :hiding:

For point 2, I like the new system. It's lighter and I found myself less confused in the most critical situation. :)

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21072 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

The very good performance of WoT 1.0 makes me think, just how crap was the game code in first place in 2011-2017 :)

DracheimFlug #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9127 battles
I would have listed 'players' and 'other players' as the top two.... 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

1: Issue is that it's mixed in with other battle notification settings. It was under incoming damage iirc according to a different topic if you want to turn it off, thus removing other info as well.  And yeah I kinda miss the crit hit bell, and do wish that if they are gonna force me to keep it on, have different colors for the different variants. Not white for all.

2: Was that not a bug? As with the hit sound etc? I did read in the known issues section that hit effects are lacking atm. If they are referring to sounds alone or the fade to indicate a big hit idk.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 March 2018 - 11:10 AM.

Xaneleon #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostSirTogII, on 26 March 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

”The two worst things affecting gameplay...”
Dude! I mean....Dude!

Mildly annoying changes and an answer would be good but still....Dude!
We’ve got a Russian TD fast as a medium, impenetrable armour and fat [edited]gun. We’ve got Jap heavies with fkin Ship-cannons. We’ve got premium ammo spam.

Oh wait yeah... you're absolutely right! These are merely mild annoyances, woops :hiding:

View PostDava_117, on 26 March 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

I can't say about point 1 (I didn't understand what marker you where talking about :hiding:

For point 2, I like the new system. It's lighter and I found myself less confused in the most critical situation. :)

For example the Light Tank indicator above the enemy tank turning black when you penetrate the tank and do some critical damage.

My issue is that the event is exactly the same when you hit only the tracks and do no damage versus doing damage and tracking. The only way to distinguish is to look at the damage roll besides it.

It's indeed lighter! Less straining, but also less 'Oh my gawd you gun be dead if you stay here' in your face. For some reason I really like the latter.

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 March 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

1: Issue is that it's mixed in with other battle notification settings. It was under incoming damage iirc according to a different topic if you want to turn it off, thus removing other info as well.  And yeah I kinda miss the crit hit bell, and do wish that if they are gonna force me to keep it on, have different colors for the different variants. Not white for all.

2: Was that not a bug? As with the hit sound etc? I did read in the known issues section that hit effects are lacking atm. If they are referring to sounds alone or the fade to indicate a big hit idk.

There has to be an alternative for this. Different colours actually would make life really comfortable!

It was a bug on the CT and Sandbox, fixed now afaik. It's about not immediately seeing your incoming damage. It takes atleast 0.3+ seconds to read the indicator and process the hit. I feel like you lose out on reaction time this way, perhaps I just need to get used to the new system and play a little bit more with the sounds turned up?

Duck_of_Death #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 21470 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

I do agree with both of your Points,especially the new Penetration markers really irritate me.

I do however also think that we will get used to those Changes pretty quickly (even though i still don`t understand why they changed these Things in the first Place)

My biggest Problem with WOT 1.0 though are some of the map Changes, especially Fjords has been completly ruined (but also Steppes and Ruinberg have been changed to the worse imho

Nevertheless i still love the new Patch and Graphics.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30589 battles

View PostXaneleon, on 26 March 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

2: Whenever you get hit, the old system gave you a red screen for 1 frame that quickly fades. New system only gives the indicator, which feels lacking after playing so long with the old system.

I frequently see myself having to look at the indicator to see if I received damage (or hp bar for that matter). Why was this removed? Perhaps this is not that hard for most of you and prefer this system, but I really love the extra feedback the red screen gave you. It indicated danger for me and I'm having loads of struggles trying to adapt to the new system.

Yes, there's definitely something a little bit janky about the current hit detection. I had a 13-90 unload into my arse the other day and he'd hit me twice before I'd even realised I was taking damage.

PUNISHER989_EU #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4107 battles

yea I can agree with point two, i never know if i take damage or a critical hit, i have to look at my hp to see. 

And I've had instances where player don't even realize they are being shot at until they die. Some few have messaged me asking what happened exactly. I did prefer the flash of red. it should be an option.

Pejote #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18668 battles
  • [SL4V] SL4V

I agree with both of these points.

I've played quite a lot of games since the 1.0 came out and I still haven't gotten used to either of these changes.

The first one still confuses me when I have to actually look if I did damage. The second one is imo the worse one. The very first few games I played were horrible because I couldn't understand what's happening and where are my hitpoints. I actually had to turn off music so that I could at least hear the sound of getting hit. It's still one of the few thinks I really hate about this patch.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostXaneleon, on 26 March 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

There has to be an alternative for this. Different colours actually would make life really comfortable!

It was a bug on the CT and Sandbox, fixed now afaik. It's about not immediately seeing your incoming damage. It takes atleast 0.3+ seconds to read the indicator and process the hit. I feel like you lose out on reaction time this way, perhaps I just need to get used to the new system and play a little bit more with the sounds turned up?

Yeah color changes would help. I'm sure there will be a mod for it soon enough tho. If I knew the location of the original file that has it, it could be as easy as changing a color number on them. Who knows.

I play with a headset, and def go for sound more then visual hints about damage now vs before.

Dava_117 #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20349 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostXaneleon, on 26 March 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

For example the Light Tank indicator above the enemy tank turning black when you penetrate the tank and do some critical damage.

My issue is that the event is exactly the same when you hit only the tracks and do no damage versus doing damage and tracking. The only way to distinguish is to look at the damage roll besides it.

It's indeed lighter! Less straining, but also less 'Oh my gawd you gun be dead if you stay here' in your face. For some reason I really like the latter.

Oh, I see what you mean now!

I thought the marker shined just to show you hit him. But I must admit I didn't pay a lot of sttention to the marker. I usually rely more on the audio compartment and on the diplayed damage, especially now that there is the white gear just aside the damage value when you score a critical.

But if there are people relying on that marker, WG should probably give them the choice to have the old system too...

Edited by Dava_117, 26 March 2018 - 11:38 AM.

signal11th #14 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38344 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
for me the two things would be XVM and the balancing department.

PUNISHER989_EU #15 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4107 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 26 March 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

for me the two things would be XVM and the balancing department.

Didn't think XVM was a soft spot anymore?

clanmcwood #16 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22156 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 26 March 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Yes, there's definitely something a little bit janky about the current hit detection. I had a 13-90 unload into my arse the other day and he'd hit me twice before I'd even realised I was taking damage.

I hope he bought you dinner afterwards :trollface:

Rati_Festa #17 Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44546 battles
I agree with the getting hit notifications, the sound bug is a problem but sometimes when there is a lot going on it's not easy to work out when you are being hit. Hopefully WG will fine tune it and give us some options on notifications on when we are hit.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30589 battles

View Postclanmcwood, on 26 March 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I hope he bought you dinner afterwards :trollface:

Wouldn't even hold hands. Bastard.

Steel_Patriot #19 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43126 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

View PostPUNISHER989_EU, on 26 March 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Didn't think XVM was a soft spot anymore?

XVM is and always was just a tool , it's usually the other 14 spanners in the bag that are the problem

Xaneleon #20 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostRati_Festa, on 26 March 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

I agree with the getting hit notifications, the sound bug is a problem but sometimes when there is a lot going on it's not easy to work out when you are being hit. Hopefully WG will fine tune it and give us some options on notifications on when we are hit.

Agreed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users