Pathfinder: be the first to compete on HD maps

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
With great update comes great replayability.

The full text of the news item

Snotterman #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4602 battles
Looks nice. Too bad Himmelsdorf isn't working for everybody.

DoomHerald #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60958 battles
  • [ANIML] ANIML

Well, this now looks like a true tournament. Good job, I will participate for sure, and a lot of other players, I suppose.

If someone around (or above, ofc :)) my skill level (2000 WN8) is interested to play together - he/she can send me an ingame PM.

Edited by DoomHerald, 26 March 2018 - 01:24 PM.

HanZi #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44206 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostCommunity, on 26 March 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/esports/pathfinder-series/">The full text of the news item</a>

NOT gonna compete against lots of MODders and prem ammo players.

Typical WG contest. :(

Berbo #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostHanZi, on 26 March 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

NOT gonna compete against lots of MODders and prem ammo players.

Typical WG contest. :(

That means you will not play the game at all? (assuming your theory is correct)

There are a lot of people who use mods and that doesn't make them cheaters if that is what you're trying to say. As for premium ammo, as long as it's available for silver and available to everyone, in my books it is fair.

Now if you still have issues with it, you are by no means obliged to play it and you're free to do any activity which interests you.

Regards

TijgernootTank #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46216 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

This is nice -- but how about some group stage awards as well , it doesnt have to be much , but it gives an actual chance to more players to win something .

Take in consideration that by adding some minor awards to group stages , it would make the event much better .

Geno1isme #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42604 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

As I found the description in the article rather confusing, can someone please confirm my understanding of the rules?

- both weeks have three tournaments each (one per day) with different groups and up to 9 matches

- each tournament requires a separate registration (with possibly different teams)

- rewards are based on the combined point result of the three tournaments (3 points per win, 1 per draw), the actual rank isn't relevant at all

- in case of equal points the system sorts by personal damage

Berbo #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostGeno1isme, on 26 March 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

As I found the description in the article rather confusing, can someone please confirm my understanding of the rules?

- both weeks have three tournaments each (one per day) with different groups and up to 9 matches

- each tournament requires a separate registration (with possibly different teams)

- rewards are based on the combined point result of the three tournaments (3 points per win, 1 per draw), the actual rank isn't relevant at all

- in case of equal points the system sorts by personal damage

- 2 weeks have 2 different competition. 1 week consists of 3 match days and accumulated points throughout 3 match days

- Yes

- Yes and yes but the rank is indirectly important as it will bring more points obviously. Also, you don't need to play with same team mates, results are calculated per player individually.

- Yes and also hardware rewards are for top damage dealers, even if you dont win enough games but perform continuously you may still win something.

I hope this helps,

Cheers

matte40 #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18519 battles
  • [HULLU] HULLU

Looks like a tournament I've been waiting for some time :rolleyes: I might actully update wot after 3 months now...

So, there's gonna be two different big tournaments? This week's tournaments and next week's tournaments are two different big tournaments?

Oh wait 20k prize is personal, not for team? If system sorts by personal damage the whole idea of this tournament is gone. For sure there are gonna be ALOT of teams that are able to win 27 battles, so it's just gonna be a fight against your own teammates of who gets most damage... if I understood the rules correctly I might not update wot afterall ._.

PathfinderII #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49005 battles
No idea what's this tournament about but I approve it's title. 

Max_Calibre #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20631 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Well

its a very good way of bypassing the terrible team MM in random battles in WOT

~ at least this way you can do your own MM and try to get good teams together to enjoy more equal team v team battles

than we will ever will see in WOT 3-5-7 ladder system (with Zero player skills - just MM the type of tanks that's it.

So it sounds good :)

VerticalBird_ #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24615 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View Postmatte40, on 26 March 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

For sure there are gonna be ALOT of teams that are able to win 27 battles

No. Maybe a couple but not many. It doesn't matter how good you are but on average you still lose at least one out of 27 Best of 1's to not so good players. Also it's Encounter so people draw games on purpose. Will take a massive amount of luck and skill to be able to win 27 in a row. Also the map pool is completely new and the maps are mostly just ruined, so the advantage's of better tactics and such are not there anymore. 

Simona2k #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1728 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Roll Out!

kamikaze_90 #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25905 battles

View PostBerbo, on 26 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

As for premium ammo, as long as it's available for silver and available to everyone, in my books it is fair.

And to earn silver you only need to buy premium tanks & premium time :P

ionicafardefric #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 53690 battles

View PostBerbo, on 26 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

That means you will not play the game at all? (assuming your theory is correct)

There are a lot of people who use mods and that doesn't make them cheaters if that is what you're trying to say. As for premium ammo, as long as it's available for silver and available to everyone, in my books it is fair.

Now if you still have issues with it, you are by no means obliged to play it and you're free to do any activity which interests you.

Regards

​You funny. You mean to tell me that having 243 pen at tier 7 (on a T20 for instance) is fair? Or the premium ammo on some tanks like Type5 being absolutely superior to normal ammo with no drawback is fair? How does that add to the fairness of the game? How about your attitude for being a WG staff and the rude response? You must also think that 268 v4 is also fair - because you buy it for silver, right?

Berbo #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postkamikaze_90, on 27 March 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

And to earn silver you only need to buy premium tanks & premium time :P

Do you have to buy it? I know a lot of people who never spent a cent but it's not preventing them from playing or purchasing premium ammo.

View Postionicafardefric, on 27 March 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

​You funny. You mean to tell me that having 243 pen at tier 7 (on a T20 for instance) is fair? Or the premium ammo on some tanks like Type5 being absolutely superior to normal ammo with no drawback is fair? How does that add to the fairness of the game? How about your attitude for being a WG staff and the rude response? You must also think that 268 v4 is also fair - because you buy it for silver, right?

I encourage every player when they receive a rude answer or bad attitude from a WG employee to immediately report it. This should not be tolerated at all.

Now, let's focus on the topic.

As long as all tanks and all ammo types are AVAILABLE to all players (regardless on how they achieve them, whether they buy them, grind them, get them as a gift, it doesn't matter) it makes it fair game in my books.

Gun pen, traverse speed of any tank is irrelevant to the fairness as long as you're allowed to have a specific tank enemy chose for yourself.

Some competitive games rely on full equality but they are extremely rare (like Rocket League),

others popular Mobas like LoL or Dota are imbalancing everything to make action happen. Each hero has strengths and weaknesses which can be countered by numerous other heroes. It is up to players to find an optimal way to defeat opponents. Is every gun balanced in CS:GO? Why do they have those ridiculous bombs which can damage 3 players... 
I could write a book about balancing in games, it doesn't mean all guns should be the same nor all tanks should have similar stats. The key is in variety and what suits you and what helps you overcome your opponent.

If you think type 5 is superior, no one is forbidding you to have it. If someone would, then that would be unfair, I agree.

And lastly, let's not forget we're speaking about competitive part of the game. Development, matchmaking and other game related feedback you may have, you can address it in other (numerous) threads.

Regards

im13BOT #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2195 battles

View PostCommunity, on 26 March 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/esports/pathfinder-series/">The full text of the news item</a>

game is totaly broken.MM not working.fix this game.or we all leave this broken crap.

now i go to AW again:)

RagingJedi #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13908 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
would be great if it wasn't all on weekdays. some people have a life you know.

CLRG #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

You can use the following thread to find the latest updates on the tournament (if any): 

http://forum.worldof...mation-updates/

...And this thread is for you if you have any question related to this competition: 

http://forum.worldof...stions-answers/

Enjoy :)

Berbo #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostRagingJedi, on 27 March 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

would be great if it wasn't all on weekdays. some people have a life you know.

In ideal situation yes, but unfortunately this one we couldn't do on the weekend. 

Watch the website for a lot more of weekend competitions next month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users