Team shooting

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ANTI_SPG_Coalition #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6116 battles
  • [B0SNA] B0SNA

Can someone please clarify, how does this awful system work with team shooting ? ?

I just had an event where my own teammate shoots me on purpose 3 times in a row, I out of the nerves shoot him once and instantly receive blue icon and of course I purposely returned him after another shot and got 1 hour suspension.

This game just confuses me with these weird mechanics sometimes that it is unbeliveable.

Regards

blaster1112 #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10303 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostANTI_SPG_Coalition, on 26 March 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Can someone please clarify, how does this awful system work with team shooting ? ?

I just had an event where my own teammate shoots me on purpose 3 times in a row, I out of the nerves shoot him once and instantly receive blue icon and of course I purposely returned him after another shot and got 1 hour suspension.

This game just confuses me with these weird mechanics sometimes that it is unbeliveable.

Regards

Replay or it didn't happen.

Quite simply you hit your teammates 3 times, you become blue. No exceptions what you should have done was not shoot your ally. Just take it and move on.

You got banned which means this was definitely not the first time you damaged your team. So you got what you deserved as well.

_funitoo__ #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1126 battles
It means you have accumulated team-damage points and he didn't. That allowed him more freedom as he is not seen as a team-killer by the system while you are.

ramram70 #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8526 battles
"I out of the nerves shoot him once and instantly receive blue icon" = You've team damaged (lots) before?

ANTI_SPG_Coalition #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6116 battles
  • [B0SNA] B0SNA

View Postramram70, on 26 March 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

"I out of the nerves shoot him once and instantly receive blue icon" = You've team damaged (lots) before?

Once about a month ago , still baffles me like this. Tho I believe as post 2 said it may be that I accumulated more damage in shots than he did.

KV85 (me) vs AT7

Balc0ra #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Two things, either you have done way more team damage then him of late, as you turned blue from 1 shot. Or he was in the enemy cap and you were not. Then it's 1 shot to turn blue regardless. It's not done or calculated on a pr battle basics. It covers several days until your enemy to friendly team damage ratio goes back down if you have done any team damage. That can take 1 battle to go back down, or 20 depending on how much damage you did, and how much damage you do to the enemy later. So if you shot 1 shot here and there out of "nerves", it will take less and less for you to turn blue later as it stacks up.

Normally it takes 3 to 4 shots to turn blue depending on your ratio. If it's 1 shot then it just means you have been more bad then him in past battles. Remember that zero damage critical hits counts to. As in track damage etc. So even if you don't do anything. It still counts. Bounces don't count tho.

Then don't shoot green tanks. It will reduce the confusion.

BKatt #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33017 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX
Also the amount of dmg does not matter, only the amount of shots hitting your friendly. Atleast as far as im aware.:girl:

besinnungslos #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19549 battles
  • [POWNY] POWNY

View Postramram70, on 26 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

"I out of the nerves shoot him once and instantly receive blue icon" = You've team damaged (lots) before?!

Easy as that. You got blue because you did team damage or pushed an allied tank. Stop doing that and you will not become blue (oh, and it will also raise your winrate).

Jigabachi #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's as simple as it could get: If you shoot your teammates, you'll get banned.

If you turned blue after one single shot, you are a liar, because it means that you did quite a lot teamdamage before or you actually didn't just hit him once. I also doubt that the other guy didn't turn blue after three shots.

That said: Replay.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22259 battles

Still, once every 4000 odd battles ain't bad. The game can get players salty and lacking clarity in those moments. Sometimes in the heat of the moment we might fail to notice that we have turned from being wronged to being wrong ourselves. To go from being the victim of an A-hole to being the A-hole ourselves. Fine lines but if you are starting to turn blue a lot and picking up bans there can be no doubt that it isn't everyone else that's in the wrong most the time.

Edit- wait.. I think it might be possible to go insta-blue if you shoot a capper. This was not always the case and was implemented with intentions of preventing friendlies from resetting the cap timer and having a more sever consequence though this fails on both fronts since even this system would still have failed to have prevented the cap from being reset as the shot that turned you blue would surely have still reset the cap lol.. oh and since the guilty party wasn't insta-banned for doing it he is free to carry playing in both that game and any thereafter so long as he avoids angry teammates in the battle he turned blue resetting the cap and keeps his nose clean for several battles thereafter, fail fail lol

Edited by TungstenHitman, 26 March 2018 - 03:39 PM.

Lord_Edge #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 26 March 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

If you turned blue after one single shot, you are a liar, because it means that you did quite a lot teamdamage before or you actually didn't just hit him once. I also doubt that the other guy didn't turn blue after three shots.

It is possible that the other player was in the enemy cap and baited the OP knowing what would happen.

Aikl #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postramram70, on 26 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I've become blue after one shot once. Granted, it was point-blank, not close to enemy vehicles and the shot destroyed him, but still.  Long story short, he did more harm alive than destroyed, deserved what was coming to him, and we won to boot.

Doubt my team damage is over the general accidental rate, but team damage done in a way that is unlikely to be accidental is probably weighed heavier. Well, except arty; I think I took four-five point-blank hits from friendly arty once.

Edweird #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9674 battles

I'll happily admit to being an A hole.

Recently I have gone blue a couple of times but I feel justified in doing so.

I was actively scouting on Westfield in my tier 10 and a T44 not only blocked me he then tried to push me into enemy fire.clearly this wallet warrior couldnt even drive i could tell by his behaviour he was not doing it on purpose but i got so wound up by this dunder brain with less than 100 battles ruining the match.Therfore, i took it upon myself to educate this turd, three silver rounds to the back of his turret was deeply satisfying I knew I would go blue.it was worth every second of that 1 hour ban.

Also asking someone to help me cap while the enemy has 2 on our flag and he drives out of the circle.

1 round to the back of his turret too happily for me he only had 5% HP so no blue that time.

Yes I know it's a crappy thing to do but some people seem to deserve such treatment in high tiered games.

Am I proud of myself, incredibly.

Edited by discontinued, 26 March 2018 - 03:34 PM.

Lord_Edge #14 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View PostAikl, on 26 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Doubt my team damage is over the general accidental rate, but team damage done in a way that is unlikely to be accidental is probably weighed heavier.

I think you're probably right about the weighting.  The amount of times I have had friendly morons driving into my line of fire while unloading my clip boggles the mind but never turned blue from it.

Edited by Lord_Edge, 26 March 2018 - 03:32 PM.

Orkbert #15 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25513 battles

View PostANTI_SPG_Coalition, on 26 March 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Once about a month ago , still baffles me like this. Tho I believe as post 2 said it may be that I accumulated more damage in shots than he did.

KV85 (me) vs AT7

Umm, given your amount of battles you could already have 81 Battle Buddy medals, yet your profile only shows 20. So in the nine months since your account was created you did cause team damage at least 61 times, which on average would mean one friendly fire every four to five days.

Now with that being only the median value means that there surely were periods during which you caused team damage less often (after all, you have indeed twenty BattleBuddies) and times where those accidents happened more often, but your flat out claim to have been good for an entire month is a wee bit unbelievable, especially when combined with getting blue after a single shot.

RamRaid90 #16 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostBKatt, on 26 March 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Also the amount of dmg does not matter, only the amount of shots hitting your friendly. Atleast as far as im aware.:girl:

Not strictly true.

The factors weighed up are:

• Amount of shots
  • Ratio of damage to allies vs damage to enemies in that battle
  • Ratio of damage to allies vs damage to enemies over all battles.

The simple description is that three shots will normally turn you blue and the fourth will get you banned. However, if you cause team damage on the regular (or don't cause much damage to enemies. In future you will turn blue easier and also by extension get banned faster. You will also have a far harder time getting rid of the blue tint if you do it regularly since your ratios will be bad.

Edited by RamRaid90, 26 March 2018 - 04:54 PM.

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 26 March 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

I've become blue after one shot once. Granted, it was point-blank, not close to enemy vehicles and the shot destroyed him, but still.  Long story short, he did more harm alive than destroyed, deserved what was coming to him, and we won to boot.

Doubt my team damage is over the general accidental rate, but team damage done in a way that is unlikely to be accidental is probably weighed heavier. Well, except arty; I think I took four-five point-blank hits from friendly arty once.

View PostLord_Edge, on 26 March 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

I think you're probably right about the weighting.  The amount of times I have had friendly morons driving into my line of fire while unloading my clip boggles the mind but never turned blue from it.

AFAIK shooting an ally who is capping will instantly turn you blue (or get you banned if you have already poor ratios)

Edited by RamRaid90, 26 March 2018 - 04:56 PM.

Aikl #18 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRamRaid90, on 26 March 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

AFAIK shooting an ally who is capping will instantly turn you blue (or get you banned if you have already poor ratios)

This was the top of the hill on Himmelsdorf, though it's likely that the 'damage ratio' was rather poor at that point in the battle. I'm guessing the main problem was that it was obviously intentional, though practically in self-defense (beyond being a major [edited] in chat he was lining up for a little 'corner encouragement;). Winning the game proved more satisfactory than the act of 'execution' or him getting a ban for pushing me into enemy fire.

I behave well enough that the 'blue' status goes away after two-three games or so (there's been some physics-related accidents). It's good to know that it works like this, since it means I can actually try to help flipped teammates without risking a ban. On that note I'm really curious if my next ban's a one-hour one or a day. Guess it's good that we can't tell. :P

Stat_Padder #19 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40065 battles

View PostANTI_SPG_Coalition, on 26 March 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Regards

WG could easily disable the ability to shoot your own team... not sure why they don't.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 26 March 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

This was the top of the hill on Himmelsdorf, though it's likely that the 'damage ratio' was rather poor at that point in the battle. I'm guessing the main problem was that it was obviously intentional, though practically in self-defense (beyond being a major [edited] in chat he was lining up for a little 'corner encouragement;). Winning the game proved more satisfactory than the act of 'execution' or him getting a ban for pushing me into enemy fire.

I behave well enough that the 'blue' status goes away after two-three games or so (there's been some physics-related accidents). It's good to know that it works like this, since it means I can actually try to help flipped teammates without risking a ban. On that note I'm really curious if my next ban's a one-hour one or a day. Guess it's good that we can't tell. :P

Bans reset after so long. I've been baned numerous times over theyears. Never for more than 1 hour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users