RNG Tweaks

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Pcosa #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles

Ok, this is going to be my input into WoT conspiracy theories…

I am an engineer, I know how statistics work and I was often explaining that long streaks of bad luck or exceptional RNG are not a proof of rigging but of exactly the opposite. In a large enough set of dice throws there will always be long runs of sixes or any other numbers.

I am a relatively good player with 2462 WN8 and gradually dropping (I am probably just getting old).  However (you have been waiting for ‘but’, haven’t you?), I am recently experiencing nigh impossible RNG against me. I have been recently playing well armoured tanks, Obj 268 v4, Pz Kpfw VII, IS-M and I learned to fear less skilled players more than the skilled ones. The less skilled ones snap shot me with AP in my Object and penetrate. They penetrate turret of my Pz Kpfw VII and I don’t mean its sides or even cheeks, well, not even its mantle, straight through the gun. Same in IS-M, I got repeatedly penetrated through the gun by Lowe shooting AP, Scorpions do it on a daily basis. I don’t remember even once in my 40k games in WoT to ever penetrate well armoured tank through its gun. Even playing WZ-120-1G got penetrated by SU152 with 152mm gun with AP (135mm pen). I have games in my Object when I bounce 0 damage, I am regularly damaged for over 200 with HE from 120mm plus guns while using heavy spall liner.

I start to believe that RNG is tweaked in favour of players with less games played. Why not if you think about it – they are desperate to attract more players and WoT learning curve is steep, resulting in many people leaving the game relatively quickly.

Thoughts?

Edited by Pcosa, 27 March 2018 - 10:12 AM.

Agent_327 #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17700 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

Usually when ppl have to explain how intelligent and knowing that they are, the less they are.

There are so many things wrong with that thought. If you were right there would be way more threads of ppl complaining about how their shots are no longer penetrating. Besides that why would Wg want to push the steady costumer away from WoT by making it harder for them? 

I had a break where I didn't play much a year ago and when I returned my win ratio dropped from over 54.5% to around 53%. The game is harder now than it used to be.

Pcosa #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles
Well, the way you started has not encouraged me to reply.

besinnungslos #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20630 battles
  • [POWNY] POWNY
Pictures? Replays? Any kind of proove?
Might as well be, that you have some troubles playing that OP tank.

Indy_Bones #5 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Can I suggest you install the 'battle hits' mod (if you haven't already) so that you can check these shots after the game to ensure they really are hitting you where you think they are, and it's not just misinterpretation on your side?

Pcosa #6 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles
I am certain of the gun shots, I often rotate the camera to check where I was penetrated. I will dig up replays in the evening and will post screenshots. Good idea with the mod, will install it.

Edited by Pcosa, 27 March 2018 - 10:04 AM.

Kozzy #7 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

It's a bold theory and you say you are an engineer who is intelligent.  Why not gather data to support your theory, you can then present that with your theory for others to attempt to replicate similar data collections.  From there, a consensus can be achieved.

Until then, it's just another theory based on 'the feels'.  I do feel that something is going on with the object 268 v4, as it was a face rolling troll tank but now I find it much easier to counter and to be countered while driving - this may just be people getting used to it though (also a classic case of the feels for me).

besinnungslos #8 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20630 battles
  • [POWNY] POWNY
Are you sure you right click while rotating the camera? If not....
Replays and the battle hit mod is very helpful.

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:.  

I have games in my Object when I bounce 0 damage, I am regularly damaged for over 200 with HE from 120mm plus guns while using heavy spall liner.

Thoughts?

Not going to comment on the rest as without having seen the evidence it would just be supposition.

However, Spall Liners are fitted in crew compartments to prevent injury to the crew. HE hitting other parts of the vehicle will still do damage to the tank, just not to the crew or protected modules. 

Pcosa #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles

View PostKozzy, on 27 March 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's a bold theory and you say you are an engineer who is intelligent.  Why not gather data to support your theory, you can then present that with your theory for others to attempt to replicate similar data collections.  From there, a consensus can be achieved.

Until then, it's just another theory based on 'the feels'.  I do feel that something is going on with the object 268 v4, as it was a face rolling troll tank but now I find it much easier to counter and to be countered while driving - this may just be people getting used to it though (also a classic case of the feels for me).

Well, I stated facts, not 'feels'. I have not supplied evidence but that doesn't make the facts 'feels'. I will supply it later considering that it appears that nowadays forum threads need to undergo peer review process. 

HanZi #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44825 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Ok, this is going to be my input into WoT conspiracy theories…

I am an engineer, I know how statistics work and I was often explaining that long streaks of bad luck or exceptional RNG are not a proof of rigging but of exactly the opposite. In a large enough set of dice throws there will always be long runs of sixes or any other numbers.

I am a relatively good player with 2462 WN8 and gradually dropping (I am probably just getting old).  However (you have been waiting for ‘but’, haven’t you?), I am recently experiencing nigh impossible RNG against me. I have been recently playing well armoured tanks, Obj 268 v4, Pz Kpfw VII, IS-M and I learned to fear less skilled players more than the skilled ones. The less skilled ones snap shot me with AP in my Object and penetrate. They penetrate turret of my Pz Kpfw VII and I don’t mean its sides or even cheeks, well, not even its mantle, straight through the gun. Same in IS-M, I got repeatedly penetrated through the gun by Lowe shooting AP, Scorpions do it on a daily basis. I don’t remember even once in my 40k games in WoT to ever penetrate well armoured tank through its gun. Even playing WZ-120-1G got penetrated by SU152 with 152mm gun with AP (135mm pen). I have games in my Object when I bounce 0 damage, I am regularly damaged for over 200 with HE from 120mm plus guns while using heavy spall liner.

I start to believe that RNG is tweaked in favour of players with less games played. Why not if you think about it – they are desperate to attract more players and WoT learning curve is steep, resulting in many people leaving the game relatively quickly.

Thoughts?

OR it could be some kind of P2W. 

In many of my battles, i couldnt hit a Barn from the inside.  say like 50-50. 

Also depends on wich time of the day im playing.

Hendrik3 #12 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2776 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

I start to believe that RNG is tweaked in favour of players with less games played. 

Yes, you're breaking your own logic. RNG can also take a lengthy bad turn.

Pcosa #13 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles

View PostHendrik3, on 27 March 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yes, you're breaking your own logic. RNG can also take a lengthy bad turn.

I haven't made myself clear maybe then. The thing is, I receive shots beyond what would RNG suggest, I could sit in a trraining room whole day trying to penetrate Pz Kpfw VII through its gut to no avail, yet such penetrations through my tank became annoyingly frequent.

Edited by Pcosa, 27 March 2018 - 10:43 AM.

jabster #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Well, I stated facts, not 'feels'. I have not supplied evidence but that doesn't make the facts 'feels'. I will supply it later considering that it appears that nowadays forum threads need to undergo peer review process. 

If you going to claim the game is rigged then you might expect other posters to want a bit more evidence than some things that feel a bit strange happened.

Kozzy #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

I could claim that you are a convicted *insert horrible criminal type here* and then say "it's a fact" - that doesn't make it a fact.  Not sure why you're so confused that you made a bold claim and expect people to believe you (without supplying ANYTHING to back it up) just because you say "It's a fact" and then people say... "erm.. got any tasty sauce to go with that claim".  You say you're an engineer... but you don't like the idea of evidence based claims? wow.

Pcosa #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles
Ok, for some people, claims about games where you shoot pixel tanks require the same sort of due diligence I apply when managing multidisciplinary teams designing underground stations. I get it. Fine, you will get evidence.

Edited by Pcosa, 27 March 2018 - 10:58 AM.

Kozzy #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Ok, for some people, claims about games where you shoot pixel tanks require the same sort of due diligence I apply when managing multidisciplinary teams designing underground stations. I get it. Fine, you will get evidence.

*holds breath*

jabster #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

So managing multidisciplinary teams means you understand RNG’s. You really aren’t helping your case you know?

Pcosa #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41373 battles

View Postjabster, on 27 March 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

So managing multidisciplinary teams means you understand RNG’s. You really aren’t helping your case you know?

How many assumptions have you made releasing this statement? Engineers can't be managers? Career paths in management are separate to engineering? Managers never studied? Can't have MSc or PhD in engineering studies which included statistics? Not sure I follow your way of thinking. 

jabster #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPcosa, on 27 March 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

How many assumptions have you made releasing this statement? Engineers can't be managers? Career paths in management are separate to engineering? Managers never studied? Can't have MSc or PhD in engineering studies which included statistics? Not sure I follow your way of thinking. 

So what education/training/experience do you have of RNG’s then as so far all I’m seeing is an argument from authority. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users