• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Ziurawka #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

Hi guys,

I've finally got my hands on the only premium heavy that I was looking forward to playing :)

Had a few rushed games in the morning that reminded me of a fact that I haven't played a heavy tank in over 6 months and I'm a bit clueless.

Can you offer any tips for a fellow noob regarding this specific machine?

I started with an all girl crew that I had in store for that occasion, skills are rather obvious. 

Do you guys run it with food?

I'll be very grateful for any tips regarding angling, tactics, protecting weak spots, which enemies to focus etc.

For example - I'm not sure if this machine can keep up / attack enemy mediums, seems to be able to, but is it?

and btw - thx WG for releasing it :) 

250 pen on gold, no tier X ever - I can pay for this, take my money :) 

MeNoobTank #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9205 battles
No need tips. Just run full gold and all ok. That’s what I would do if I had this tank.:trollface:

Temid23 #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50822 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostZiurawka, on 27 March 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I've finally got my hands on the only premium heavy that I was looking forward to playing :)

Had a few rushed games in the morning that reminded me of a fact that I haven't played a heavy tank in over 6 months and I'm a bit clueless.

Can you offer any tips for a fellow noob regarding this specific machine?

I started with an all girl crew that I had in store for that occasion, skills are rather obvious. 

Do you guys run it with food?

I'll be very grateful for any tips regarding angling, tactics, protecting weak spots, which enemies to focus etc.

For example - I'm not sure if this machine can keep up / attack enemy mediums, seems to be able to, but is it?

and btw - thx WG for releasing it :) 

250 pen on gold, no tier X ever - I can pay for this, take my money :) 

What is the point of playing premium tanks if you intent to spam full gold in it... :facepalm:?

In present stat of game this tank is only somewhat ok for crew training when you have 3+ perk crew from other china htank. You can try to bully lower tiers with that tank. Don't really on your armor and avoid being shoot if possible as you take allot crit dmg. One on one with many tier 8/9 tanks driven by competent player will make you sad for giving your money to WG.

Ziurawka #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostMeNoobTank, on 27 March 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

No need tips. Just run full gold and all ok. That’s what I would do if I had this tank.:trollface:

Somehow I knew this would come up first ;) Thx for the tip but that's pretty obvious. 

Heat ain't perfect so I'm planning to run it 50/50 with a touch of HE. 

D4wiD3K #5 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

It's a PMM tank - reap the benefits of never being bottom tier by adopting a proactive/aggressive approach. Since your tank is never a bag of [edited] you're somewhat less reliant on your teammates. Just don't get too reckless, your tank is never the best in the battle but it's always good enough to play the key areas of the map.

Play the tank more like a medium than a heavy. Brawl when you need to but don't be the corner sidescraping "im heavy" bot and don't rely on the hull armor. If you've played T-10 or WZ-111 1-4 this tank is almost exactly the same in terms of playing style. The mobility outside of traverse is pretty good and you will regularly reach 40km/h and even the 50km/h top speed when given a little bit of time to accelerate. The turret is among the best of the tier so play hulldown whenever possible. You have the alpha and the gun handling is surprisingly good as well so trade shots with the enemy mediums and bully lower alpha tanks. Even the view range(380m) is very solid for a heavy tank so you can usually spot for yourself, just don't cross through the open areas as if you were a medium because your camo is non-existent.

Don't be ashamed if you need to load gold. 175 penetration is quite outdated but it's the only glaring weakness of the tank. My approach for preferential matchmaking is that I shoot gold whenever needed and still make a decent amount of profit. Less than I would do with a Patriot but I have more fun. That's what I recommend. This way you can have a very competitive tank in almost every battle and you still make a nice pile of silver.

Ziurawka #6 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostTemid23, on 27 March 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

What is the point of playing premium tanks if you intent to spam full gold in it... :facepalm:?

In present stat of game this tank is only somewhat ok for crew training when you have 3+ perk crew from other china htank. You can try to bully lower tiers with that tank. Don't really on your armor and avoid being shoot if possible as you take allot crit dmg. One on one with many tier 8/9 tanks driven by competent player will make you sad for giving your money to WG.

I honestly don't mind running 50/50 (which I believe this tank needs) provided the machine can support itself. 

This one can, it has rather mad earnings. 

The whole point of buying it for me was that it is rather flexible for a heavy, has good enough pen when required and *never sees tier X* in 3-5-7

Temid23 #7 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50822 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostZiurawka, on 27 March 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I honestly don't mind running 50/50 (which I believe this tank needs) provided the machine can support itself. 

This one can, it has rather mad earnings. 

The whole point of buying it for me was that it is rather flexible for a heavy, has good enough pen when required and *never sees tier X* in 3-5-7

You will get full tier 8 games or 5/10 mostly unless WG changed something with MM after 1.0

The most fun thing i see is platoons of PMM tanks matched vs platoons of defenders or other OP crap.

All i can say is: have fun wasting your credits the way you like.

Tankyouverymuch2 #8 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28423 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
If you see 2 or more enemy heavy tanks, just go with the mediums. You have the top speed to keep up with them getting into position. ...ramming enemy meds is also an option, only on downhill slopes though. :great:

Dr_ownape #9 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40624 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

the way i play mine and find it the best strategy is to never play it

Ziurawka #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostTemid23, on 27 March 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

You will get full tier 8 games or 5/10 mostly unless WG changed something with MM after 1.0

The most fun thing i see is platoons of PMM tanks matched vs platoons of defenders or other OP crap.

All i can say is: have fun wasting your credits the way you like.

Facing offenders - I guess that's what the 250 pen heat is for right?

There are much worse things at tier X than a Defender, though I agree that being in a top tier platoon of PMM tanks is unfortunate. 

I don't plan to platoon it.

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 27 March 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

If you see 2 or more enemy heavy tanks, just go with the mediums. You have the top speed to keep up with them getting into position. ...ramming enemy meds is also an option, only on downhill slopes though. :great:

Thx for confirming my thoughts on the subject of attacking - I started my first ever game with a 45 km/h ram + shot into a Centurion's side, it seems that's what WZ-111 is meant to do :justwait:

How about playing more defensive though? Does anyone have any suggestions for angling / side scraping? 

It seems the hull will hold against low caliber guns only, how about face hugging?

_Sensation_ #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6052 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostZiurawka, on 27 March 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Facing offenders - I guess that's what the 250 pen heat is for right?

There are much worse things at tier X than a Defender, though I agree that being in a top tier platoon of PMM tanks is unfortunate. 

I don't plan to platoon it.

Thx for confirming my thoughts on the subject of attacking - I started my first ever game with a 45 km/h ram + shot into a Centurion's side, it seems that's what WZ-111 is meant to do :justwait:

How about playing more defensive though? Does anyone have any suggestions for angling / side scraping

It seems the hull will hold against low caliber guns only, how about face hugging?

Angling not a clue tbh, just angle it a bit but since you have a pike nose it won't matter much. Also your side is paper so don't even try to sidescrape since most tank you'll face will be able to overmatch it.

Browarszky #12 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14904 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Post_Sensation_, on 27 March 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Angling not a clue tbh, just angle it a bit but since you have a pike nose it won't matter much. Also your side is paper so don't even try to sidescrape since most tank you'll face will be able to overmatch it.

I got that miserable excuse for a tank, IS-3A, also with a pike nose, of course. Why does it sometimes feel like it bounces better with just a little bit of angling rather than pike pointed straight at them?

Tankyouverymuch2 #13 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28423 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostZiurawka, on 27 March 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Facehug only those tanks which have under 200mm pen and are shorter than you (avoid them being able to shoot down on your hull or roof). Your hull will be pennable by IS-3's (shorter than you) AP shells if you facehug it, furthermore, the annoying driver port on the IS-3 will be the only part of the armor you can hit, but not pen even with HEAT...if the IS-3 knows this, it will keep facehugging you instead, because as soon as you move away from it you can slap HEAT straight into its hull.

Also, make sure your traverse speed is not much lower than the tank you're facehugging, they'll just get on your side, and evetually your rear.

Xandania #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34345 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Play it aggressively, but not reckless. Your 175 AP pen is enough for the side of most tanks and you are mobile enough to get into some other heavies side. But don't just rush into a horde of enemies if you have no support (except if they are all tier 6). If possible keep your lower front plate safe and don't present the side of your pike nose to the enemy. Only showing the Turret is ideal for deadlocks and campouts if you have to stay back due to being damaged or getting golded by tier 9s.

Overall I prefer the 112, but the W-111 is a very solid brawler. Just don't ever try to use it as a sniper and go for weak spots and if there is none either go for their flanks if possible or fall back. Do not engage VKOP, Mauerbrecher, Type4s or other heavily armored tanks on your own as you won't be able to pen them reliably without gold.

Ziurawka #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View Post_Sensation_, on 27 March 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

The sides seem rather solid, certainly not to be overmatched by anything I know, I'm still under the impression that baiting side shots is the way to go when facing strong enemies. 

Thx for all your input guys, I really appreciate it :) It will save me and my team a lot of salty time on the battlefields :)

@Xandania

Can you maybe share your thoughts on why 112 is better for you?

Balc0ra #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Like the IS-6... Play aggressive on the med line. Tho unlike the IS-6, it has 250 gold pen. So you are not 100% useless in a pure tier 8 game vs Defenders and VK 100.01 etc unlike the IS-6. But tier 9 super heavy armor can still give you issues even if you use 100% gold. I've not played my 111 lots tbh. But the few times I've done it, like the IS-6 I look at the HT's on the enemy team. If they are mostly Super heavies etc. I got the med line and play in the faces of the meds there. If there are a few I can reliably pen. I don't mind helping out.

9 out 10 games no one complains about it if you go the med line. As they know your 175 pen are not that useful most times.

JocMeister #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20560 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDr_ownape, on 27 March 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

the way i play mine and find it the best strategy is to never play it

Sounds exactly as the 112 strat! 

Dr_ownape #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40624 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostJocMeister, on 27 March 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

yeah TBH I've never needed to train crews in tanks since the release of crew Exp boosts therefore Sperms are solely there for credit making and that is all about damage. If you are forced to click 2 to ensure you do damage then it's self defeating. If I want to make credits I take the patriot out in SH and then you're golden.

My Curchy 3, Excelsior, SU-122-44 and Jgtig were all bought when I was a new player and they never get played. My E25 and Type 64 are still played cause raisins and the rest were freebies. But what is the point in buying them now if you have one for tier 8 SH (ofc a lot of clans play tier 6 too but then most have the T34-85M)

8126Jakobsson #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61066 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 27 March 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

​And further down the garage you see dusty IS-6's and KV-5's. Typical China to copy Russian strats.  

Ziurawka #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20016 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostDr_ownape, on 27 March 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

yeah TBH I've never needed to train crews in tanks since the release of crew Exp boosts therefore Sperms are solely there for credit making and that is all about damage. If you are forced to click 2 to ensure you do damage then it's self defeating. If I want to make credits I take the patriot out in SH and then you're golden.

My Curchy 3, Excelsior, SU-122-44 and Jgtig were all bought when I was a new player and they never get played. My E25 and Type 64 are still played cause raisins and the rest were freebies. But what is the point in buying them now if you have one for tier 8 SH (ofc a lot of clans play tier 6 too but then most have the T34-85M)

Let me explain - I've never intended this machine for credit making. Just like AT 15A, it just needs a hefty amount of gold to function in worst case scenarios. 

Type 59 and E25 need less gold cause they can chew on sides of enemies more frequently and usually on ones with less armor. 

I don't drive them for credit making either :)

I drive PMM machines because being constantly bottom tier in 3-5-7 is just not for me. 

I feel like it teaches inconsistent gameplay (in matches in which you're mostly useless) and I just don't appreciate the feeling of being crushed by a machine I can't do nothing against. 

PMM machines are my personal favorites because they're not useless in any circumstances arguably, they can carry their weight against almost anything that the MM throws at them.

edit:

Even if it's their weight in gold they have to carry ;)

I don't need a lot of credits cause I'm not really interested in grinding out high tier machines, as far as I'm concerned tier X should be in a separate game :)

Edited by Ziurawka, 27 March 2018 - 02:33 PM.

Also tagged with wz111, heavy meta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users