Reduce idiotic quantity of SPG and TDs

spg td

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

nA_pAl #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8304 battles
Wargaming, reduce SPGs and TDs per battle please. What is sense to stuck 3 SPGs and 5 TDs on both sides? 5 TDs (means MORE CAMP) + 3 SPGs and game start to be frustrating for active style players. I can't understand how do you can think that more SPGs makes game more enjoyable? Anybody from WG will read this forum and takes into account opinions of players?

I_balanced_you #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 475 battles
Now, now, SPG are good for this game. They prevent camping and balance OP tanks. WG added them to the game because everybody wanted them.

IncandescentGerbil #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
I've decided to edit my original post myself. It was probably too offensive. Useless fatties have feelings too.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 27 March 2018 - 03:13 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24521 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 27 March 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

No offence to fat girls by the way. You've provided me with some great times through the years.

They the only ones that can't outrun you ?

Trouble is, people like playing TDs, because they can stay safe, whilst still causing damage. These people are basically girls, but girls are people too, so what are you going to do.
Arty players are fat girls, who like to eat cake whilst playing. SPGs fit their nutritional style. So again...
No offence to fat girls by the way. You've provided me with some great times through the years.

I had to quote this in full,  just in case you edited it.

I've decided to edit my original post myself. It was probably too offensive. Useless fatties have feelings too.

Lol..!

Edited by OIias_of_Sunhillow, 27 March 2018 - 03:16 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #5 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Damn. Oh well.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 48721 battles

Know your team and work with it not against it.

I see many games where there are say 6 or more TDs and they find ideal killing grounds.

I'm not talking camping at the back but finding a good ambush place where you know the enemy team will be coming.

So what happens.

The heavy and medium tank players decide to move further ahead and take the fight to a ridge-line or a corner.

WHY !!!

All you needed to do was let the enemy come around that corner or over that ridge and you had 6 more guns ready and waiting to take them out.

Same thing happens with SPGs.

On Laketown how many times do teams take the valley on the 2 line even though the enemy have 3 spgs and some TDs.

Sorry but its a really stupid move even if you have fantastic turret armour and great gun depression.

Use the terrain use the resources of your team and choose where to fight to maximise their effectiveness.

Yes in an ideal world a tank force would have a majority of heavy and medium tanks with just enough support classes to back them up.

Its not an ideal world the reason we have SPGs and TDs in larger than ideal numbers is because they are popular.

Ray_PhotoGoth #7 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4957 battles
This post overflows with cliche.

stokerel #8 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10792 battles
Remove those pesky lights too, they sit in bushes and spot you out.
While you're there, remove the mediums too, you can never hit them and they come in and start circling and shooting your back.
Let's have only type 5's and Maus'es shooting at eachother over hills - something like a land based world of boats.

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #9 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29136 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

You'll see people saying it's a typical topic if arty is to be removed then people will cry about the next thing which in this case is td's. TD's are as bad as arty not so much when there's 1 or 2 maybe even 3 but it's not  fun having 5+ td's all with high alpha or high dpm. The jpz needs it's 1050 alpha gun reworked as it used to be a novelty but seeing as the game is more and more alpha orientated it has no place. E3 needs an armour nerf; it's disgusting seeing oranges and failures get a golden ranked battle badge because they have easy play skill compensater tanks. 268 V4 just no... we all know that thing shouldn't even have been put in.

Yeah tbh, arty needs to be nerfed via accuracy and reload. They should never have been buffed just because the stun mechanic with reduced dmg was introduced. In fact they still do the same dmg just in a different way. The stun needs to be reworked so that it's duration is in correlation with the distance the shell  splashed you from and then it needs to be limited to 1 per game.

Then TD's need to be capped at max 3 to (maybe) 4 per game so that TD's can't blast meds and heavies trying to play the game properly and then alpha on the new meds need to be nerfed. 430U is stupid tank. The chinese meds had high alpha and that was their novelty feature which is completely destroyed by new tanks doing the same thing but better. Basically, make the game what is used to be like. 

(most) TD's had alpha as a speciality. Their drawbacks of slow reload and slow speed need to be re introduced.
(most) Meds had dpm as a speciality. They shouldn't have a mix of alpha and dpm like this stupid 430U.
(most) Heavies had armour and hard hitting guns. Their armour needs to be made relevant again not by completely removing weakspots but by re working gold ammo and maps that offer all tanks classes the opportunity to outplay the other.
Not sure what to say about LT's. I don't really know how I feel about the tier X's. They just feel like faster meds that have a cheekier play style. Not really spotters tbh.

Arty is arty. Make it horrible to play because that's what cookie players deserve if they want to sit back at the map and effect the game not with skill but by causing frustrations. Absolutely no reason I should drop  out the game thanks to someone with 50k games and 800wn8 with 46/48% WR.

This goes for mainly tier X tanks btw before anyone says anything.

Edit: Lmao I told you. Whilst I typed this all the forum hermits commented seeming awfully offended that you would dare question a tank class.

WG hurry up and make a thread were only competent active players can discuss game changes/suggestions. 

Edited by JuicyProduction, 27 March 2018 - 04:06 PM.

ThinGun #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Poststokerel, on 27 March 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Remove those pesky lights too, they sit in bushes and spot you out.
While you're there, remove the mediums too, you can never hit them and they come in and start circling and shooting your back.
Let's have only type 5's and Maus'es shooting at eachother over hills - something like a land based world of boats.

In fact, let's ban EVERYTHING that isn't a Maus.  And not let those use gold ammo.  Level playing field for people who like playing with tanks that require zero skill.

dimethylcadmium #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6165 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
there are hundreds of threads explaining why we need TDs and SPGs. Use the bloody forum search bar and stop asking dumb questions. TDs and SPGs exist to balance HTs, especially ones that are a bit "too good" (and there are many of them in this game). TDs also prevent players from playing YOLO/crazy. Arty prevents some heavies from abusing terrain to their advantage (like T29 and IS-7 hiding their hulls, etc)

HeidenSieker #12 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PosteXterm, on 27 March 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Now I see what will happen when WG would remove arty.

"Remove TDs" topics!!! :facepalm:

But yes, WG should remove artillery, TDs are better because you can actually shoot back. But lowering number of TDs per battle is not a bad idea I think.

But you can shoot back at SPGs; just not at the same time as they shoot at you; just like any other unspotted vehicle.

nA_pAl #13 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8304 battles
I didn't say that WG should remove arty. I said WG should reduce SPGs. On open field maps like for example Prochorovka 3 artys is just .... I don't know what words should I use to. 1 SPG per battle is of course OK, 2 hmmm can be but 3  - damn is to much. Same is applicable to TD. 1,2 even 3 per battle is nothing bad, but these days we see more often 5 and 6 TDs. Imagine team: 3 SPG, 6 TD, 6 H,M or L. Sound this ridiculously? No? SPGs as SPGs will stay somewhere in the bushes, TD mostly will do the same. 1 or 2 campers in tanks happens, so we have active 4 tanks on field but not too long. They will be killed sooner then later, cose they will be hunted by. I still wonder why some people are so sarcastic on any suggestions. And why they can't read with understanding WHAT they read. Reducing means less - not nothing. SPGs and TDs in large numbers in my own opinion contribute to be a camper. Is much safer stay behind cover and wait. Wait until other less patient players will make move. If I'm wrong it means that more SPGs and TD per battle is better for game play. So better in this case means more arty and more destroyers. Lets say 5 SPG and 6 TD. As someone said few lines upper this will prevent from camping and will balance game better. More is better? OK, why stop on numbers 5 and 6. I will say 8 SPGs and 6 TDs. Still we can increase these numbers. Why not 15 vs 15? The game will be well balanced then. Nonsense? Of course it is. This is why I start to discus about reducing and not eliminating.

Edited by nA_pAl, 27 March 2018 - 04:55 PM.

SABAOTH #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostnA_pAl, on 27 March 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

I didn't say that WG should remove arty. I said WG should reduce SPGs. On open field maps like for example Prochorovka 3 artys is just .... I don't know what words should I use to. 1 SPG per battle is of course OK, 2 hmmm can be but 3  - damn is to much. Same is applicable to TD. 1,2 even 3 per battle is nothing bad, but these days we see more often 5 and 6 TDs. Imagine team: 3 SPG, 6 TD, 6 H,M or L. Sound this ridiculously? No? SPGs as SPGs will stay somewhere in the bushes, TD mostly will do the same. 1 or 2 campers in tanks happens, so we have active 4 tanks on field but not too long. They will be killed sooner then later, cose they will be hunted by.

1 Spg / game = fine

2 Spg / game = kinda bad

3 Spg / game = cancer

And I play arty too.

View PosteXterm, on 27 March 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Now I see what will happen when WG would remove arty.

"Remove TDs" topics!!! :facepalm:

But yes, WG should remove artillery, TDs are better because you can actually shoot back. But lowering number of TDs per battle is not a bad idea I think.

Probably, however is a legend that arty counters TD. Arty spam tanks that are first in line so the order of arty targets is lights, mediums, heavies, and after everyone is dead THEN bush kemping tds.

3 arty in game is either a campfest or the active team is the one who suffers the most casualties due to stun and skycancering. In short: arty PROMOTES camping:coin:

View PostThinGun, on 27 March 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

In fact, let's ban EVERYTHING that isn't a Maus.  And not let those use gold ammo.  Level playing field for people who like playing with tanks that require zero skill.

In fact is very hard to kill a Maus driven by a tomato with zero skill. :child:

You might be confused by Jap Types, but if you are serious I invite you in showering my Maus with all the gold you have and drinking your tears after. Then we can try you in a maus and me with pure silver amd see how easy that works. :coin:

WhoCares01 #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11525 battles
Good thing about three/six farty battles is that after I die in a yolo rush, there are six less farty players in the queue, slightly increasing my chance of getting a no-farty game. If they reduced the number to one or two farty per team, we would have farties in every battle.

psychobear #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18975 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostHeidenSieker, on 27 March 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

But you can shoot back at SPGs; just not at the same time as they shoot at you; just like any other unspotted vehicle.

:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Sfinski #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31689 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostHeidenSieker, on 27 March 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

But I CAN shoot back at unspotted vehicles...

Balc0ra #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostnA_pAl, on 27 March 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I can't understand how do you can think that more SPGs makes game more enjoyable?

Same way they think Jap derp HT's would make the game more enjoyable. As I suspect your Jap HT's that are your most played tanks don't fair to well vs TD's? And you want them gone.

Anybody from WG will read this forum and takes into account opinions of players?

How do you think your tier 5 got nerfed? And why do you think they call the EU forum the "drama queen server". Then again, if they took everyone's opinion and removed all the classes everyone hates. We would have one class only. And the rest would be removed. As light tank players hates Med's. Meds hate HT's. HT's hates TD's. TD's hate arty, and arty hates lights.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11027 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Wargaming, reduce SPGs and TDs per battle please. What is sense to stuck 3 SPGs and 5 TDs on both sides? 5 TDs (means MORE CAMP) + 3 SPGs and game start to be frustrating for active style players. I can't understand how do you can think that more SPGs makes game more enjoyable? Anybody from WG will read this forum and takes into account opinions of players?

fully agree! 

If you are looking for a solution; YOLO and next. Works for me

noob_tankman #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13020 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 27 March 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Probably, however is a legend that arty counters TD. Arty spam tanks that are first in line so the order of arty targets is lights, mediums, heavies, and after everyone is dead THEN bush kemping tds.

May be because I'm a really bad player but for me it's exactly the opposite... I target heavies and TDs first, then mediums and never lights because they move too fast and are very difficult for an arty to hit

Edited by noob_tankman, 27 March 2018 - 06:09 PM.

Also tagged with spg td

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users