fix your god damned game, noobs (game fixed with last micropatch, GJ)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

zero_fox_given #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

the loading "feature" which lets you into game 10 seconds after game starts and which can be worked around by completely disabling sound is just perfect example of the skilled developers....

+ the game freeze while loading textures so you can go [edited]yourself and drown if you are near water...god damn

Edited by zero_fox_given, 29 March 2018 - 02:19 PM.

ThinGun #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35051 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
Or your mashed spud of a PC, perhaps?

zero_fox_given #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostThinGun, on 27 March 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Or your mashed spud of a PC, perhaps?

not sure what does it mean but if u are referring to my PC performance know, that i can load into game 10 seconds before countdown starts in 10% of battles, rest is the shitty spaghetti code of WG devs and their QA department who should be spit on until this is resolved

Edited by zero_fox_given, 27 March 2018 - 05:14 PM.

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18161 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

If it is WG's fault due to bad code, then why isnt everyone on here complaining about the problem?

If it only affect one or two people, the  the problem is with the pc. Maybe drivers need updating or something like that?

Still its easier to whinge and whine at WG than to check out your own equipment isnt it?

ThinGun #5 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35051 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

Strange.  I have a 4-year old PC with a modest GPU.  I have a modest connection <2 Mbs. My system spec is pretty much the minimum requirement and yet generally I can load all games with 30-25 secs on countdown, with FULL sound.  

I'd recommend you have a detailed look at your system configuration before criticising other people's ability.

zero_fox_given #6 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostThinGun, on 27 March 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Strange.  I have a 4-year old PC with a modest GPU.  I have a modest connection <2 Mbs. My system spec is pretty much the minimum requirement and yet generally I can load all games with 30-25 secs on countdown, with FULL sound.  

I'd recommend you have a detailed look at your system configuration before criticising other people's ability.

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

If it is WG's fault due to bad code, then why isnt everyone on here complaining about the problem?

If it only affect one or two people, the  the problem is with the pc. Maybe drivers need updating or something like that?

Still its easier to whinge and whine at WG than to check out your own equipment isnt it?

now, you two. open google and type "Wot loading issue"

dont you think i didnt searched the [edited]internet for solution?

there is one workaround to completely disable sound, when the game loads normally all the time, but sorry, to play without a sound i can play without the whole game

Balc0ra #7 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postzero_fox_given, on 27 March 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

not sure what does it mean but if u are referring to my PC performance know, that i can load into game 10 seconds before countdown starts in 10% of battles, rest is the shitty spaghetti code of WG devs and their QA department who should be spit on until this is resolved

Then you go fix it if you think it's that easy to make sure it works on 934.344.268.345.863 different hardware combinations. Then by all means go fix it. It's a known issue. And will be sorted in time. But if you are lucky, look at your nick. Maybe WG will feel the same way with all this nagging.

Edited by Balc0ra, 27 March 2018 - 05:28 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postzero_fox_given, on 27 March 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

there is one workaround to completely disable sound, when the game loads normally all the time, but sorry, to play without a sound i can play without the whole game

Then your issue may be your sound card drivers. Go look for updated ones.

zero_fox_given #9 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 March 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Then you go fix it if you think it's that easy to make sure it works on 934.344.268.345.863 different hardware combinations. Then by all means go fix it. It's a known issue. And will be sorted in time. But if you are lucky, look at your nick. Maybe WG will feel the same way with all this nagging.

i worked on much smaller projects where the testing was done bit better than this

WOW 1.0 is the thing and to collect such important feedback they have regiments of testers, supertester and  whatevertesters, i dont believe nobody before the release of the god damned onepointzero noticed this

if you open google there is shitton of the topics and all are the same. highend machines (not like mine) with 100+ fps performance but they cant get into game before countdown stops.  then there are freezesin the start of the game where the high-res textures are loaded post mortem and sometimes literaly/ my last game was i was trying to get into bush in the lakewille... guess what happened

_EXODUZ_ #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Shouldn't be a problem when you mostly play low tier arty.

zero_fox_given #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 March 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Then your issue may be your sound card drivers. Go look for updated ones.

lets do this! i have nothing else to lose :)

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 27 March 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

and why do you think i play [edited]arty? cos there doesnt matter the long load or freeze in the start ;)

and BTW. i had all arty missions before i got top gun on hummel :)

ThinGun #12 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35051 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postzero_fox_given, on 27 March 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

i worked on much smaller projects where the testing was done bit better than this

WOW 1.0 is the thing and to collect such important feedback they have regiments of testers, supertester and  whatevertesters, i dont believe nobody before the release of the god damned onepointzero noticed this

if you open google there is shitton of the topics and all are the same. highend machines (not like mine) with 100+ fps performance but they cant get into game before countdown stops.  then there are freezesin the start of the game where the high-res textures are loaded post mortem and sometimes literaly/ my last game was i was trying to get into bush in the lakewille... guess what happened

The fact that it only impacts a tiny minority of players suggests that it's some obscure combination of hardware and firmware that isn't working properly.  If you know ANYTHING about automated software testing you'd know that you can only test a percentage of use cases.  There literally isn't enough time left in the Universe to try every possible permutation.
Accept that the problem is at your end - you've installed something badly, you've used a fake component, you've done something 'out of the ordinary' and now you're paying the price.  It's not the responsibility of WG to pander to your every need.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18161 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postzero_fox_given, on 27 March 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

But if only one or two people have the problem, why do you think it is WG's lack of testing? If it works for most people, then the problem is most likely with the user's pc. That still stands up as an arguement. 

So WG put the new version onto test servers where players can try it out and report back on problems. That requires players to take that responsibility seriously, and I am sure that many do. But, the odd one that gets a problem like this, may not bother to report it, or they might realise that it is something at their end and do something about it. 

It could even be as simple as a particular mod causing it.

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21660 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 27 March 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Dear _EXODUZ_

You're  gonna go straight to hell for that one:hiding:

Regards

Tommy.

_EXODUZ_ #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 27 March 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Dear _EXODUZ_

You're  gonna go straight to hell for that one:hiding:

Regards

Tommy.

Dear Tommy,

Please don't wish bad things to me.

I suggest you to try poached salmon and dill mayonnaise sandwiches, some bara brith and white chocolate and pistachio eclairs.

Wash it all down with a beverage of your choice, although champagne in the end is mandatory.

Regards,

EXODUZ.

Aikl #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 March 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'm sure it's limited to only a few users, though it's hard to tell with the circlewonk on Reddit. Besides the forum can't represent the entire playerbase; most of those able and willing to write on the forum might be Google-fu-enabled.

There's speculation about the 'file reading logic' of WoT being less than optimal. Since disabling sound often fixes the issue, it doesn't seem too far-fetched that it's due to reducing the amount of files loaded on startup.

From what I can guess, it's a combination of 'between chair and keyboard' (system isn't optimized at all, among other things) and system bottlenecks. On my old potato laptop, loading (even on the Encore test) took A-G-E-S even on medium, which ran just about smooth. Recommended settings load just fine. That's on a 5400RPM HDD. It's slow as balls, and hence not surprising at all. I don't go onto the forums to complain about that.

Personally, I don't see the problem if lowering graphics, e.g. texture quality, fixes the problem. Anyway, what this issue sorely needs is someone actually bothering to test different settings out to actually prove that the issue isn't between the chair and keyboard.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 March 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

It's people who put everything on MAX and wonder why their 5 year old PC crumbles. 

AliceUnchained #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

High-End systems used by Low-Ends Bobs. There are specific systems tailored for Low-End Bobs who are either unable or unwilling to properly configure their own PC's; they're commonly known as consoles...

MarcoStrapone #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36392 battles
same here. sure it bcz the suoerior last update.

PhooBar #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18783 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 27 March 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Dear Tommy,

Please don't wish bad things to me.

I suggest you to try poached salmon and dill mayonnaise sandwiches, some bara brith and white chocolate and pistachio eclairs.

Wash it all down with a beverage of your choice, although champagne in the end is mandatory.

Regards,

EXODUZ.

That sounds delicious!

Send inv pleeze?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users