erlenberg in every version just made worse

abbey still in game

mines encounter still a north spawn auto win

arty still in game

game balance still non existent

gold ammo and pay 2 win, he mechanics, spotting mechanics, 

the only upside of 1.0 is removal of swamp, mittengard and highway

last patches have all made the game worse not better, what is the point

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 28 March 2018 - 01:32 PM.

K_A #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The point is to make the game look better so that it might attract new customers and keep old ones in. People aren't going to pick up a new game when it looks like it's 8 years old, but if the graphics are nice, they might give it a shot.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said

game balance still non existent

And there is your answer. As game balance was not the point of this update. Not a single tank got buffed or nerfed.

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Then don't play it if you don't like it and come back later after a long break. Balance focus is not done yet. And it's gonna take more then one patch to fix that. As doing to much at the time is not good either tbh.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24111 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Really ?

I'm enjoying it so much more.

HundeWurst #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

1.0 was not for and about already existing players but gaining new ones. Non of the things done is done for the old generation.

They want to get new players hooked up with the new flash graphics. New players also wont notice most of the problems at first. The patch is not for us but for new players. The paid twitch promotions showed that.

Hendrik3 #6 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 28 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Really ?

Agreed. The game has changed so much in the last few years, and every time people get sour.
Just roll with it and adapt. I like the new shiny WoT!

baribal_80 #7 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20882 battles
Don't care the bad patch made the game work so bad on min settings that I finally stopped playing. That's a win for me. Used to run on low decently. 

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36530 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 28 March 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

1.0 was not for and about already existing players but gaining new ones. Non of the things done is done for the old generation.

They want to get new players hooked up with the new flash graphics. New players also wont notice most of the problems at first. The patch is not for us but for new players. The paid twitch promotions showed that.

but they wont get new players in for long, not with mm, not with spotting.  playing t34 at tier 5 almost every game is tier 7, the new bushes and opened up maps like fjords means you never spot anything shooting you.  I have 35k games and in my new F2PEXP account it is terrible gameplay

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 28 March 2018 - 03:45 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

The point was to update the graphics?

Didn't you read the patch notes?

_Anarchistic_ #10 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36530 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 March 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

And there is your answer. As game balance was not the point of this update. Not a single tank got buffed or nerfed.

Then don't play it if you don't like it and come back later after a long break. Balance focus is not done yet. And it's gonna take more then one patch to fix that. As doing to much at the time is not good either tbh.

​fair points, but the new balance is around gold ammo and making gold ammo a 50% chance of pen, that's all the balance now is about

HundeWurst #11 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

but they wont get new players in for long, not with mm, not with spotting.  playing t34 at tier 5 almost every game is tier 7, the new bushes and opened up maps like fjords means you never spot anything shooting you.  I have 35k games and in my new F2PEXP account it is terrible gameplay

Well most likely long enough to make them buy some premium time and 1 or 2 premium tanks (including at least 1 tier 8 premium).

Thats all they want.

Etre_ #12 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50933 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

live oaks, still an auto loss if south spawn goes 9 line - not same meta for me 

serene coast still just a c1 map - nope, maybe for you

mountain pass still just garbage - it was, it is

erlenberg in every version just made worse - good map, learn to play it. I see meta already changing. You guys slow but you will get there. 

abbey still in game - Abbey is a fine map, made somewhat worse by removing the climbing  on the water side. 

mines encounter still a north spawn auto win - again, not same meta for me. Not a particular fan of this map but the spawn doesn't seem the problem for me.

arty still in game - as much as I wish to see it gone, is not going to happen. Too many people invested time in it. 

game balance still non existent - balance what ? You want all tanks equal ? I don't. It's ok to have strong and weak points, ups and downs. Even if in the process some tanks are less performing, I still enjoy a challenge. No one is forcing you to play a bad tank. Some tanks need fixing, like the obvious 268v4 but otherwise fine by me.

gold ammo and pay 2 win, he mechanics, spotting mechanics, - gold ammo is not p2w. Get a premium account, load 2/3 normal ammo, 1/3 premium, 1-3 HEs and you are good to go. I guarantee you will rarely get to use all that premium ammo in a battle and you  won't bleed so many credits. 

the only upside of 1.0 is removal of swamp, mittengard and highway - I liked swamp and highway. Swamp required some work for south spawn, like allowing to push west without being obliterated by arty and TDs.

last patches have all made the game worse not better, what is the point - the point is good looks. I honestly prefer solid frame rates and a solid network built in the background, no desync and stuff, etc plus gameplay, but if new graphics will bring a new life to a game I have invested in so much over the years, that's not a bad thing.

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62792 battles
Well I like about everything with 1.0 better, so I guess the point was to please me. :child:

Jigabachi #14 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Graphical update makes game more pretteh.

Water makes toes wet.

Sun makes belly warm.

D'uh.

_Anarchistic_ #15 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36530 battles

View PostEtre_, on 28 March 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

live oaks you must be one of the few, but fair enough

serene coast again happy to disagree

erlenberg again you are the first person I have seen to hold that opinion, any tips?

abbey for me worst map in game

mines again think you the only player I seen state that opinion

I refer you to wunderwursts post as well, but in every case I am happy to disagree and get a beer

game balance, here we do disagree, or perhaps have different meanings.  I have no issue with variety, no issue with strong and weak points, that all makes sense and adds fun, but wg don't do that, they over buff or introduce new op tanks, then nerf to oblivion and repeat, e5, grille, maus, etc etc.  further the maps clearly have imbalances, you only need look at the wr% for each map, there are so many games played those figures cannot be 'streaks'

regarding swamp, it could have been improved, a simple position on help the southern team attack or hold that side would have been good and preferable to removal, but removal better than nothing.

not sure anyone has really liked the patches, Japanese hevies, Swedish tds, 468v4, not a lot of players seem to appreciate those introductions

left the gold ammo and P2W to last.  this is clearly the way the game is going.  when I first played I played F2P until I got tier 8, then I got my first premium, only after a year or so did I get premium account.  as a free player I could not spam gold, use consumables and I never really got past 50%, look at my stats once o got a premium account and could afford to use gold ammo, they jump up across the board, win rate, ave damage the lot.  The game now is being balanced around gold ammo vs armour but with recent changes even in my tier 10 tanks gold ammo can be as low as a 40% chance to pen (m48 vs 468v4) and with no lower front plate weakness standard ammo out of the question.  now I don't agree with weakspots you can shoot over and over, might as well paint green spots on tanks and say shoot here, but when even the LFP requires gold it is getting silly.  I have the same ussies with my new F2PEXP account, free to play, no gold ammo at all, no consumables as an experiment and it is torrid and grinding up tiers with 3/5/7MM is not fun, certainly no balance there as overwhelmingly bottom tier.  if I was a new player, with no idea what was going on I would soon quit now, so glad I started when I did

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37377 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 28 March 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Really ?

View PostHendrik3, on 28 March 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Agreed. The game has changed so much in the last few years, and every time people get sour.
Just roll with it and adapt. I like the new shiny WoT!

Agreed.

Also, the 1.5 XP coefficient is most welcome.

Steve8066 #17 Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11180 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

live oaks you must be one of the few, but fair enough

serene coast again happy to disagree

erlenberg again you are the first person I have seen to hold that opinion, any tips?

abbey for me worst map in game

mines again think you the only player I seen state that opinion

I refer you to wunderwursts post as well, but in every case I am happy to disagree and get a beer

game balance, here we do disagree, or perhaps have different meanings.  I have no issue with variety, no issue with strong and weak points, that all makes sense and adds fun, but wg don't do that, they over buff or introduce new op tanks, then nerf to oblivion and repeat, e5, grille, maus, etc etc.  further the maps clearly have imbalances, you only need look at the wr% for each map, there are so many games played those figures cannot be 'streaks'

regarding swamp, it could have been improved, a simple position on help the southern team attack or hold that side would have been good and preferable to removal, but removal better than nothing.

not sure anyone has really liked the patches, Japanese hevies, Swedish tds, 468v4, not a lot of players seem to appreciate those introductions

left the gold ammo and P2W to last.  this is clearly the way the game is going.  when I first played I played F2P until I got tier 8, then I got my first premium, only after a year or so did I get premium account.  as a free player I could not spam gold, use consumables and I never really got past 50%, look at my stats once o got a premium account and could afford to use gold ammo, they jump up across the board, win rate, ave damage the lot.  The game now is being balanced around gold ammo vs armour but with recent changes even in my tier 10 tanks gold ammo can be as low as a 40% chance to pen (m48 vs 468v4) and with no lower front plate weakness standard ammo out of the question.  now I don't agree with weakspots you can shoot over and over, might as well paint green spots on tanks and say shoot here, but when even the LFP requires gold it is getting silly.  I have the same ussies with my new F2PEXP account, free to play, no gold ammo at all, no consumables as an experiment and it is torrid and grinding up tiers with 3/5/7MM is not fun, certainly no balance there as overwhelmingly bottom tier.  if I was a new player, with no idea what was going on I would soon quit now, so glad I started when I did

a few points....

- Erlenberg is a bigger campfest than it was originally. Its now an auto afk battle imo.

- Mines is well known on encounter that north spawn has a massive advantage. Its THE most unbalanced map/mode that currently exists.

- Swamp needed tweaking, not removing. Same for Sacred Valley and Highway. I would take all 3 of those over the new Glacier, the reworked Fishermans Bay/Abbey/Fjords and Steppes.

- With regards gold. I can understand it been used at higher tiers, but when you drop down to tier 1,2.3 and gold is been used more than standard ammo, you know that the game has a serious problem due to it.

Ive only been here a short period of time compared to others but 1.0 has set the game back miles imo. Decent gfx mean sweet FA if the game, which already had issues, now has even more of them. I honestly think that WG have made a serious error in judgement releasing 1.0 when they did. Its obvious that it wasnt ready for deployment and I think they might get a rude awakening when the figures they get are nowhere near what they expected..

Hammerhead20 #18 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

View PostK_A, on 28 March 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

The point is to make the game look better so that it might attract new customers and keep old ones in. People aren't going to pick up a new game when it looks like it's 8 years old, but if the graphics are nice, they might give it a shot.

Yeah, game is indeed looking much better with new game engine, but in most cases it's even more unplayable as it used to be.

It may attract a lot of new players, but as "old" player, this game is not interesting anymore. Atleast for me.

It's not about better looking graphics, atleast I think so. I think the most important part is gameplay.

People will choose this game not just because of "fancy" looking game engine but also because of interesting and fun gameplay.

Knowing the most common issues, I don't think that most of the new players will have fun playing it...

That's just my personal opinion.

Edited by Hammerhead20, 29 March 2018 - 10:34 AM.

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 March 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Have you considered that the problem might be that you are driving these maps like they have not changed, and then getting surprised when you get caught out by the fact that they have changed? I have been doing a lot better than normal since 1.0 and I suspect it might be in part that I was still working on learning the old maps yet up against other players who knew them a lot better than I, whereas now we are all closer in the map learning curve.

Although I also find strangely that I get much better FPS with 1.0, despite the graphics being much more intense (which one would expect to bog processing down more). That might also be helping.

IncandescentGerbil #20 Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
The point of 1.0 is the dot between the 1 and the 0. Weird question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users