Worst new player experience game aka WoT

seals clubbing to death lol

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

BarthalomewKuma #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2036 battles

Well where to start ... I'm rather competent player aka player in general. For example in sister game WoWs I top score very often and perform on many many ships on unicum level. Same with Total War Arena - I know what do and generally speaking i'm performing quiet well despite being begginer there aswell.

However ... WoT ... I don't know if Wargaming hates money, but new player experience is near traumatic level :). (and no spending money won't save you due to lack of experience how to use it well - like if you miss with normal ammo, you still gonna miss with gold). I don't really know many games where low levels/tiers - whatever - are basically populated by notorious seal clubbers - or wait that is incorrect word. They are stat padders nothing else. People are so obsessed with stats in this game that they would sit in some Pz1C all day long to improve WN8 or whatever it's called.

What is the point ?

Honestly in both WoWs and Total war arena i tend to fight newbies on low tiers and so therefore I have good shoot to be top tier player if I was playing well that is ... But you have to outplay them via game mechanics not just outgun them with faster reload/better dispersion/better aiming time etc...

Now in WoT we got ... different situation. My gun is pointed in correct place, i lay perfect ambush, some stat padder goes in anyway. I shoot I miss, despite circle being as small as possible. He unloads clip and moves onto next target. At first I was thinking maybe i'm doing something bad (first of all i knew im begginer so my play could and probably is FAR FAR from perfect) - but then after doing some resarch on game mechanics i realised that problem is more severe. 

Basically crew skills of seasoned seal clubber let him hit what I would miss and shoot again when i still reload - and we are not talking about SMALL differences. No no no no ! Those are massive and cumlative (like aiming time + dispersion)

Another problem is gold spam ammo - I heard those crazy stories from high tiers. But those stories are fairy tales !! In fact since i found button that shows me combat logs - I found out that even at T1/T2 i get clubbed to death with gold ammo. Yes you heard me well - and it does happen often. Very often in fact.

What is the point and where is profit in all of that for WG tell me ? Even if they are greedy bastards - they shouldn't be happy with that :).

I mean seriously low tier premiums are cheap right ? So they don't really get much money out of it. 

Now since some players will give up on WoT due to ... those experiences at low tiers - WG loses money - because those players could in future subscribe premium and buy some premium tanks aswell.

WG gets NOTHING from this insane seal clubbing at low tiers.

Yes compared to my purple ships in WoWs i have here RED as blood stats on Tanks :). And hey I know those are different games, but even at start when i was noob it wasn't that bad at WoWs or Total War arena. And i didn't start purple there !

Ok since i'm slowly improving (saw some yellow / green colour on T4 tanks :)) I will in huge pain somehow get out of low tiers hell and no don't tell me at higher tiers it's worse. It's not since at low tiers i have no money to spam my own gold and I don't have even any skills on crew. And trust me 50% crew ... doesn't perform all that well, mind you ...

So here are my suggestions , after all just crying won't help :

1. Remove gold ammo from tanks up to tier IV or III ... debatable. Really new player doesn't need to get gold spammed in his first WOT battle by some T2 premium in his T1 game ... no NEED. He would die regardless.

2. Don't count games on T1-T3 or T1-T4 into WN8 ... hahaha now that would be blast. Since it's really unfair you get judged when you had no idea game how game works and most importantly seal clubbers would instantly lost interest in those games !! Like really win/win situation. And don't tell me game would lack players in low tiers ... so WHAT ? Those are ... less than welcome. New player got no choice but to play there, seal clubbers can finally use those T10s they always dreamed about ... (yet they choose to pad stats at T2 ...).

3. Make it impossible to mount consumables/equipement on low tier tanks - at least bitter vets will have to OUTPLAY newbie not OVERPOWER him with wallet.

So generally speaking I couldn't give a [edited]about WN8 - if you do - no offence meant ! But i don't and many people share my view.

What I'm trying to say now is low tiers at least T1-T3 should be newbie friendly zone not DEATH ZONE.

In fact i tend to perform better and better not due to experience, but because now i can pay for 75% crew , can use on multiple tanks camo nets etc ... Skills improve obviously since I'm begginer but that is just 10%.

If those stat padders are in fact good and don't just pretend they are - they will still perform well on T4 or whatever tier they will move on.

And noone will stop them from playing T1-T3 , it will just be impossible to boost your WN8 by killing less than 500 battles newbies.

They will have to play for fun at those tiers ... something they never do !

Also someone explain me please - I have premiums in WoWs and most T10 ships . But i never dirty myself by playing at low tiers. In fact i rarelly play T6 those days, t7 ++ mostly. What is the point in those low tiers ? Since we ruled out fun already ? 

Edit : I know i said i dont care about stats, yet at some points i related to them. I only check to see in what ships / tanks i perform well compared to others. But i still play them - like i play arty in WoT despite ... well let's just say ... not doing well :). But i still play it and fk stats :).

Edited by BarthalomewKuma, 29 March 2018 - 06:43 AM.

ThebaldEagle #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 750 battles

So you are new kid here but i think you got something wrong.

Its years ago that it was gold ammo now it is prem ammo since it can be bought with silver.

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18295 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

2. Don't count games on T1-T3 or T1-T4 into WN8

WN8 comes not from WG, nothing they can do about it, if they wanted.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBarthalomewKuma, on 29 March 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well where to start ... I'm rather competent player aka player in general. For example in sister game WoWs I top score very often and perform on many many ships on unicum level. [...]

Edit : I know i said i dont care about stats, yet at some points i related to them. I only check to see in what ships / tanks i perform well compared to others. But i still play them - like i play arty in WoT despite ... well let's just say ... not doing well :). But i still play it and fk stats :).

quite contradictory aint?

first you start your post bragging how good you are in wows

now you dont care about stats?

yes, WoT is not noob friendly, neither is Quake for example.

either you got the skills to survive or you don't.

Joggaman #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22526 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If you don't care about WN8, then how/why do you know you have yellow/green stats on some tanks?

Oh and by the way, I could have written your post, only the other way around. I have ok stats in wot, but gets clubbed and suck in worship. 

PUNISHER989_EU #6 Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3155 battles
Firstly most of what you have said has been brought up on this forum one way or another, so non of your arguments are something new.

No this game isn't newbie friendly, its trial by fire. All that you are saying is to much effort for low tiers anyways, you shouldn't be worrying about anything below tier5 as it takes only a few battles to get past those tiers and move on.

Hedgehog1963 #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50154 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

If I want to drive my PzIC. I'll do so when I like. Not my job to worry about your experience or anyone else's for that matter.

Same goes for any other tank I have.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostBarthalomewKuma, on 29 March 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

So here are my suggestions , after all just crying won't help :

1. Remove gold ammo from tanks up to tier IV or III ... debatable. Really new player doesn't need to get gold spammed in his first WOT battle by some T2 premium in his T1 game ... no NEED. He would die regardless.

2. Don't count games on T1-T3 or T1-T4 into WN8 ... hahaha now that would be blast. Since it's really unfair you get judged when you had no idea game how game works and most importantly seal clubbers would instantly lost interest in those games !! Like really win/win situation. And don't tell me game would lack players in low tiers ... so WHAT ? Those are ... less than welcome. New player got no choice but to play there, seal clubbers can finally use those T10s they always dreamed about ... (yet they choose to pad stats at T2 ...).

3. Make it impossible to mount consumables/equipement on low tier tanks - at least bitter vets will have to OUTPLAY newbie not OVERPOWER him with wallet.

Those suggestions have already been well and truly butchered btw, since you're new and wouldn't know perhaps. Anyway, a quick "this is why that would not work" to your 3 suggestions.

1. Gold ammo at lower tiers. These tanks face higher opposition, in the case of tier lV, its usually every battle with the MM system. Generally lower tiers have weaker shell penetration so ironically, removing gold ammo would make the situation worse. The fact is that there are tanks that struggle to pen even a lower tier tank with their standard AP round such is the atrocious pen of that tanks gun and would be almost unplayable without gold ammo. Also, I would feel every tank should have some reasonably ability to try and win a battle if it comes to a showdown between the lower tier and the top tier, some chance to at least pen the sides. With no gold ammo, some tanks would not be able to do even that. Ironically, gold ammo may well be one of the best defenses a noob has, and seal clubbing protection. I seal clubber is much more likely to be deterred or defeated by a noob hammering at him with gold ammo than a noob bouncing shots off him.

2. Lower tier WN8 exclusion. Could try, I don't think it would make much difference. What I would suggest is the removal of more/all epic medals from lower tiers. I'm sure there are players that play or even buy a certain lower tier tank exclusively to pick up a Kolobanovs and have stats brimming with Top Guns and High Calibers and big kill counts, big win rates etc. This won't happen however as the key word I mentioned is "buy" and this is a business so that's a source of income, tough.

3.No equipment? wouldn't make any difference, dpm would drop, view range would drop etc. Again I would think this would only serve to make it easier for a seal clubber in all honesty. You also gave the reason as to why any such changes won't happen in your 3rd suggestion when you say "OVERPOWER him with wallet". Again, it's a business and opening wallets is obviously what WG want customers to do so they, like any free to play game, will always have some pay to win element to it. So far as pay to win goes, WoT is not broken just yet although they have nearly done so on several occasions with greedy OP premium tanks so... they can walk a fine line between making money and ruining the game.

BarthalomewKuma #9 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2036 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 29 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

quite contradictory aint?

first you start your post bragging how good you are in wows

now you dont care about stats?

yes, WoT is not noob friendly, neither is Quake for example.

either you got the skills to survive or you don't.

Which is [edited]because compared to start i get better now, heck sometimes i even carry games in tanks that suit my style. You wanted to play big here by thinking I'm self entitled kid who deserves shiny stats for nothing. But here is opposite , I know skills need to be learned and honed. What you completely missed intruduction was quiet actually important and not pointless. Why ? Many ... players suck at every game they play, because they are not willing to learn or are just ... bad i dont know. I just wanted to point out i'm not such person since from red ships mine at start those i play now are purple. Which what you once again missed means I'm willing to improve and i'm capable of doing so. And on top of that I get best stats at high tier boats where supposedly only best players play. I CLUB to DEATH veterans and tryhards. Thats what i love. I'm not perfect we all club something. But clubbing newbies :) ? Come on.

So to sum up it's not rant of fail player, neither it's claim that WoT is hard game - it's not harder than any other around. Because if you are intelligent ... IF - then you realise that multiplayer games are made by players. They set standards and meta. However WG could discourage seal clubbers from playing low tiers for stat padding. 

Don't get me wrong, I did once i will do that again - Red stats can be purple one day , I have no doubt about that.

What I'm complaining and it's something you did not even care to respond to - was fact that new players are clubbed by game design not "strong , skilled , blablablablabala" players. By game default mechanics your very impactful crew is weak so even if you perform like mad - you still get shitty results, that is if you perform that well (hard to do so as total newcomer to game). 

I don't mind old players with skills taking advantage over me due to better play, but here is just better upgrades (having them in first place some cost 500k which is huge amount for starter even with premium account I have).

So even if by some miracle I start to perform like purple player I will still get yellowish results (in stat launguage because some people just understand that apparently) at best. Because well placed shoot will miss due to dispersion penalty, engagement I would win if eq/crew was equal I will lose because enemy will just reload before me, even if accuracy somehow already didn't screw me over. Last but not least I will get outspotted even if my tank is by default "spotting tank" , oh yes trust me 75% or even 50% crews are quiet good at that.

That leads to weird situations where my brawling tanks get outbrawled , spotting tanks get outspotted by blind tanks :). It's uncalled for advantage.  

I like how commanders work in different games - they help - but to some degree. WoWs got it right - 19 pt captain helps , but it's far from insane advantage and upgrades for tanks are not avaible at low tiers. 

To me it sounds like they learned from WoT mistakes - no premium ammo, commander less impactful than crew in WoT =  better chances for begginers vs veterans.

I'm not saying WoT is bad game, there is a lot i enjoy about it. Actually I like it , but starting at this game is harder than it should be for no reason - that is my really only problem.

In Wows despite my superior skills , tons of money , premium ships i rarelly (if ever I do) - go to low tier players life miserable ? What is reason ? Still noone did answer here ? Because WN8 cannot be serious answer. If player is good he can get it at any tier ... right ... Right ... RIGHT ? Oh i guess I just answered my own question there ... no they don't that is answer. Because they are bad and just use all possible advantages to fight newcomers. 

Something I don't support as person who likes challenge , but low tiers here are not challenge but rather fight you cannot win, more like you have to endure...

You know once I was thinking WoWs is flawed game ... but when i realised that every player shoots same AP round in same ship and dispersion is same, because no commander skill affects (only secondaries lul) - then ONLY skill will be deciding factor if you land hit - be it for new player with 10 battles or Vet from closed alpha ...

I hope WoT will one day become such game at least in this term. Because it's cool looking and fun game at times, but P2W wall is just insane compared to other WG stuff.

View PostHedgehog1963, on 29 March 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

If I want to drive my PzIC. I'll do so when I like. Not my job to worry about your experience or anyone else's for that matter.

Same goes for any other tank I have.

If that was case I would more than welcome you, but it's not people drive PZ1C all day long, they lost fun factor god knows only when. But they print stats and bolster they ego.

And again if what you say is truth - then actually you support my ideas - since if you actually read OP then you will realise - i don't lock at all your posibility to play your PZ1C . 

So why did you post again, I missed your point ?

evilchaosmonkey #10 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

As per Tungsten for gold ammo, but expanding his answer a little....

Removing gold ammo is fine, but then you've got to re-balance a whole load of tanks.  Try penning a valentine or matilda as examples in some tier 3 tanks, you effectively can't.

So you re-balance those two tanks so they work for tier 3, then as they see higher tiers, they become poor performing problems and you need to re-balance a whole lot more as the cycle continues up the tiers.

or you fix the pen on the tier 3 tanks, and then they will effectively shoot prem ammo as default shell.

or you fix the MM so that tier 3 doesn't see tier 4 and on and on and you get new problems in the balance department.

Removing wn8 may help a little, but it won't stop those that do it for the fun - that is multiple kills in a very fast paced game scenario.

Not mounting consumables won't help unless you're foolish enough to run coffee or the like at that tier.

So that leaves equipment and tiers 1 + 2.  For equipment, I can agree with that - so long as for tiers 1 to 3 everyone has 100% crew by default and you can't mount crew with >100% or skills on any tank.

For tiers 1 + 2, players with large number of battles should be capped and evenly spaced on both teams.  Not sure it's the being killed, rather it is the losing and the feeling of "this game is hard" that worries newbies.

The main issue you have at these tiers is simply experience.

Seal clubbers know what will and won't work, how to shoot and where to pen.

Nothing will change that unless you ban them from lower tiers or match them against themselves.  That means multiple refunds for premium tanks, grind impossibility or very long queue times.

BarthalomewKuma #11 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2036 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 29 March 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Those suggestions have already been well and truly butchered btw, since you're new and wouldn't know perhaps. Anyway, a quick "this is why that would not work" to your 3 suggestions.

1. Gold ammo at lower tiers. These tanks face higher opposition, in the case of tier lV, its usually every battle with the MM system. Generally lower tiers have weaker shell penetration so ironically, removing gold ammo would make the situation worse. The fact is that there are tanks that struggle to pen even a lower tier tank with their standard AP round such is the atrocious pen of that tanks gun and would be almost unplayable without gold ammo. Also, I would feel every tank should have some reasonably ability to try and win a battle if it comes to a showdown between the lower tier and the top tier, some chance to at least pen the sides. With no gold ammo, some tanks would not be able to do even that. Ironically, gold ammo may well be one of the best defenses a noob has, and seal clubbing protection. I seal clubber is much more likely to be deterred or defeated by a noob hammering at him with gold ammo than a noob bouncing shots off him.

2. Lower tier WN8 exclusion. Could try, I don't think it would make much difference. What I would suggest is the removal of more/all epic medals from lower tiers. I'm sure there are players that play or even buy a certain lower tier tank exclusively to pick up a Kolobanovs and have stats brimming with Top Guns and High Calibers and big kill counts, big win rates etc. This won't happen however as the key word I mentioned is "buy" and this is a business so that's a source of income, tough.

3.No equipment? wouldn't make any difference, dpm would drop, view range would drop etc. Again I would think this would only serve to make it easier for a seal clubber in all honesty. You also gave the reason as to why any such changes won't happen in your 3rd suggestion when you say "OVERPOWER him with wallet". Again, it's a business and opening wallets is obviously what WG want customers to do so they, like any free to play game, will always have some pay to win element to it. So far as pay to win goes, WoT is not broken just yet although they have nearly done so on several occasions with greedy OP premium tanks so... they can walk a fine line between making money and ruining the game.

1. Disagree, let's be honest I can spend money on game - I run premium accounts, but what new player can afford to shoot gold at low tiers ? Only bitter vets or professional wallet warriors.

2.Fair enough.

3. Well you got some nice points there. But i disagree - I cannot speak for everyone, but for example I only spend money on games i deem worthy after some play. NOT BEFORE. I run premium since it's shared with WoWs. I got some premiums in WoWs I paid for. But on contrary i didn't spend 0.01€ on WoT so far ... because i'm still testing it. And even if it hurts on low tiers, even if game is hard due to crew being crapetc - my wallet is still closed. Game must be fun and engaging - if not then wallet is closed as it was. So MAYBE you are right , but depends on person. Once again I only speak from my PoV. And as it stands i didnt even use 1 gold coin. I have 500 from bootcamp ... still not using them even if I could.

As it stands low tier mechanics actually stop me from spending money - brother suggested to buy some premium tanks for income  - I refuse. Gotta see if at higher tiers situation improves. Actually I think it will since I will have EQ and better crew already. But then again no amount of pain and P2W wall actually opens my wallet - only enjoyment - without it no single € for WG. Again i can't see how this benefits them...

So in modern world - products must appeal to you, not turn you off before you even start spending money on them - I don't know who is WG marketing dude/girl - but he ain't good at his job.

Edited by BarthalomewKuma, 29 March 2018 - 09:06 AM.

KLguns #12 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45901 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Oh, how sad, we feel so sorry for you and that you have this terrible experience in the game. How terrible...bye bye.

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50154 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostBarthalomewKuma, on 29 March 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

If that was case I would more than welcome you, but it's not people drive PZ1C all day long, they lost fun factor god knows only when. But they print stats and bolster they ego.

And again if what you say is truth - then actually you support my ideas - since if you actually read OP then you will realise - i don't lock at all your posibility to play your PZ1C . 

So why did you post again, I missed your point ?

Quoting from your OP: 

"People are so obsessed with stats in this game that they would sit in some Pz1C all day long to improve WN8 or whatever it's called."

Point is that I'll drive whatever tank I want as often as I want.  For whatever reason I want.  It's not for you to suggest otherwise.  The game is here for all of us.

250swb #14 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
He is a good player (well he says so anyway), but he wants the game to be made easier because unlike all others who are interested in learning the game he can't be bothered to play low tiers. I think that is a fair summary of this whine post.

malachi6 #15 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48623 battles
Complaining it it is difficult to seal club as a new player yourself is not an issue that is often raised.  Congratulations on raising a little discussed topic.  Most threads are whines about RNG and bad teams.

Ceeb #16 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

Right.

After many years my son has shirked WoT for kiddie games like WoW and any other crap MMO. well this year he grew up...and started playing tanks, Asked for advice on a line, I chose Russian mediums for him (very rare to see anything else in competitive play for a reason)  Took him in a training room for 90 mins teaching (blind leading the blind) him angling, over angling,  amour penetration markers, side scraping, camo, double bushing , common weak points (cupolas, inside road wheels etc )before he started any match.

He doesn't see this as the worst new player experience at all, in fact, he has better stats than most of my clan and I wish someone went through the basics with me 25k games ago.  I've told him to play and nothing about stats. But before long he'll be blue/purple at his rate.

He's loving it, so much so I bought him two trainers/credits, the M10 and the T-34-85M and loving them both and the differences of each.

So man up and ask for help/guidance.

edit. Oh and because he hasn't got any money he's firing standard ammo.... so proud of him, told him to watch good steamers

edit 2 : You've obviously never played Eve online... as a new player...

Edited by Ceeb, 29 March 2018 - 11:26 AM.

Xandania #17 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34345 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Post250swb, on 29 March 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

He is a good player (well he says so anyway), but he wants the game to be made easier because unlike all others who are interested in learning the game he can't be bothered to play low tiers. I think that is a fair summary of this whine post.

I'm not sure we read the same posts here. I thought his main point was that the low tiers where new players begin, as we all did, are a tough terrain. Got to admit I might be part of the problem, as I really like my Medium I and Grosstraktor :)

Then he continues that there are only a few reasons to shoot prem ammo or even play lower tiers for players with high battle count: Grinding a new line, favourite tanks, improving Wn8 (and as added by TungstenHitman) and collecting Bonds.

So, the question, what would change if we removed the incentives from Wn8 and bonds and made these tiers (1-3, tier 4 is at least in my eyes the gateway or beginning of the mid tiers) neutral in that regard. Who likes to take their favourite tanks out for a spin still could, it would just remove the low tier farming grounds. And we could keep the bonds for players below 1 or 2k games (so they can get the "hook" provided by wg).

Another point is prem ammo - well, admittedly there are tanks (and especially a certain premium tank with good armor) that do rely on it to be able to pen other tanks frontally. In some cases even the sides of tanks. Those are not that many, but being forced to fight a FCM 36 in a stock tier one is no pleasure. So, it would require quite a feat of changing the attributes of many low tier tanks to make the low tiers balanced in this regard - and I have little hope of that happening afer seeing tier 7- not getting any changes along with the tier8+ reworks. To put it another way - there are situations where it is good to have a few gold shells on board, but true, a new player probably wouldn't recognize them. For me, I remember actually noticing getting shot by prem only at tier 7 (which I got long after gold shells were availiable for silver) - after getting a hitlog mod I found it got shot at all tiers regularly.

Consumables and equipment - guilty as charged - all my light tanks in my garage and that includes tier ones have a ventilation system, one or two of my low tiers even have a spall liner. 20k credits for the vents do not matter anymore for me, so yes, that is a 5% bonus new players won't have. WG seems to have seen the problem and removed the ability to mount gun rammers, gld and vstabs on most of the low tiers. There are still some premium tanks if I remember correctly that can mount some of these. I would however not recommend giving this equipment to new players as it is only demountable by gold, rather add vents it as default equipment to all low tier tanks - if someone wants to remove it, the gold cost is probably the same as converting the gold to corresponding credit values - alternative make it a fix part of the tank.

So, going back to the OPs three points:

1. Gold ammo is not that much of an issue in an area where pretty much everyone can pen everyone anyhow - a few tanks how ever have a really hard time when shot at with prem (those that trade mobility for heavy armor). However, the situation is the same as on higher tiers. So if someone wants to spend their allowance through the barrel, I do not really care.

2. Removing Wn8 ratings for lower tiers. Tricky - as WG can eliminate them from personal scores, but not directly from Wn8 - it would have to make parts of the stats unreadable for that for those tiers. Not saying that it would be hard to do though. Bonds only for players with low battle count should be doable as well.

3. Mainly the ingame wallet counts for equipment - and the most dangerous and powerful equipments except the dirt cheap one (20k easily affordable at least around tiers 3 and 4, earlier with a little extra grind) are already unavailable. The remainder is situational. I would like to see a short overview of equipments in the tutorials though - alternatively a small ingame-Faq. The trouble with equipment starts in my personal view around tier 5 - especially in combination with the sealclubbing tanks (T67 - I'm looking at you)

View PostCeeb, on 29 March 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

edit 2 : You've obviously never played Eve online... as a new player...

Thrown into space, only rudimentary ideas of where to go - and hopping out of the training system into low sec before I even knew what happened my journey ended xD

Not the kindest of games when I played it, though there seems to be some carebearing going on these days with free to paly accounts and whatnot.

Edited by Xandania, 29 March 2018 - 12:02 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #18 Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
I think all new players should have red L plates on their tanks, to enable those of us who don't run XVM to single them out and spoil their fun.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 29 March 2018 - 12:12 PM.

Ceeb #19 Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 29 March 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

I think all new players should have red L plates on their tanks, to enable those of us who don't run XVM to single them out and spoil their fun.

​I bet you kick puppies and kittens just because eh ?

Version43 #20 Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6521 battles
  • [0N] 0N

50% crew should not be used.

For tier 2s you can use the tier 1 crew without retraining (so they perform at 75%) + extra recruits as long as the vehicle class does not change. Tier 3 same. This saves some costs which are a real squeeze when you start. 

Then again nowadays you get a tier 3 with sixth sense, a tier 2 with 100% crew and 100% crews on tier 1 while early 2013 you would get the tier 1s with 50% and that was it. And you needed a premium account for 3 vehicle platoons so when you spotted those you knew you where in trouble...it has always been pretty harsh on beginners (especially if you are new to the type of game).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users