Amount of arty in a team, random game.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: How many spg's per team is best? (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How many spg's per team? There will be no zero choice as arty haters opinions are irrelevant to me.

1. 1 (20 votes [40.82%])

Percentage of vote: 40.82%

2. 2 (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

3. 3 (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

Vote Hide poll

mpf1959 #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I love to play arty, but I believe 3 spg's in a game is too much, I think 2 is best. Just 1 is often best for damage points scoring, as you don/t have to share targets, and I don't mind it really! But ideally I like there to be 2, mainly as you cannot help and be everywhere at one time. But whats your opinion and choice? I have not included zero as an option as arty-hater opinions are irrelevant to me.

Darth_Clicker #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58887 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

I think 3 artys are too many.  I voted for 2 artys as that is what I feel is the "best" maximum number per team.  But, I like 1 arty per side battles the best.

I am an arty only player.  But, I am not one of these players that think that other players who don't like what I like are bad for the game.  I am not an idiot that believes that I am the perfect player and if someone doesn't like arty players then they really don't have a clue about game mechanics etc.  I like playing this game and I can always remember it is a game and can separate it from real life.  I don't desire to have all tank players removed from the game simply because I think that they must like dark chocolate over milk chocolate.  I don't think that Heavy Tank players certainly are low-I.Q. light beer drinkers.  I also don't look down on Tank Destroyer players because they think of themselves as "real tanks"....pffff.

I am also not a player who out of their ten most played vehicles have 4 premium (gold vehicles) which someone would say is a pay to win player...oh....and I am not a player who says that arty is easy to play while my most played vehicle is a tier IX arty but my arty's win rate is in 9th place meaning that I have a higher win rate in 8 vehicles compared to arty....but arty is clearly easy to play.  That is why I have a low win rate in arty.....it is easy to play.

I like to play arty in this game.

I am not a hypocrite.....

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 29 March 2018 - 02:39 PM.

Close_No_Cigar #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8195 battles

I like to play arty as well, though I agree that the class still needs a bit fine tuning. One point would be, that there should never be more than two arty pieces per game; but not because I "don´t want to  share damage", which is a selfish reasoning.

OT: What other changes I would like to see?

- Reduce the impact of stun effect (not it´s duration) by at least a half. The stun-effect should give allied tanks a fighting advantage when they combat stunned enemy vehicles, but not completely wreck the enemy on itself. They have feelings, too and getting stunned is just too annoying right now.

- Change the MM to +2/-1: As an arty player I don´t want to fight tanks that are 2 tiers below me. I want enemies not victims.

mpf1959 #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PosteXterm, on 29 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Typical "I love playing arty" wot player, low wn8, low w/r, able to do dmg only in artys. That's why I hate arty, guy who can't hurt me in normal tank can annoy me by stunning over and over again. Or worse - platoon of 3 "good" players permastunning me. Back in time I played arty much and I know how annoying it can be (as a dmg "deliver" and dmg "recipient"), your poll will be full of "1" answers because people can't choose "0".

Wish you best... misses

And yes... Call me hipocrite because I want arty to be removed as a guy who played it and knows good how bad is arty mechanics and how much "skill" is needed to play it

edit.

Sold all SPGs from garage in a moment when I completed SPG-15 for Object 260 and promised myself not to play it again and research tanks with good armor to be able to accomplish "ding-dong missions" instead of playing those.... "tanks" *pfff*

I knew someone obsessive regarding arty would take the trouble to come to this group and answer LOL! 

Edited by mpf1959, 30 March 2018 - 12:45 PM.

mpf1959 #5 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 29 March 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

I think 3 artys are too many.  I voted for 2 artys as that is what I feel is the "best" maximum number per team.  But, I like 1 arty per side battles the best.

I am an arty only player.  But, I am not one of these players that think that other players who don't like what I like are bad for the game.  I am not an idiot that believes that I am the perfect player and if someone doesn't like arty players then they really don't have a clue about game mechanics etc.  I like playing this game and I can always remember it is a game and can separate it from real life.  I don't desire to have all tank players removed from the game simply because I think that they must like dark chocolate over milk chocolate.  I don't think that Heavy Tank players certainly are low-I.Q. light beer drinkers.  I also don't look down on Tank Destroyer players because they think of themselves as "real tanks"....pffff.

I am also not a player who out of their ten most played vehicles have 4 premium (gold vehicles) which someone would say is a pay to win player...oh....and I am not a player who says that arty is easy to play while my most played vehicle is a tier IX arty but my arty's win rate is in 9th place meaning that I have a higher win rate in 8 vehicles compared to arty....but arty is clearly easy to play.  That is why I have a low win rate in arty.....it is easy to play.

I like to play arty in this game.

I am not a hypocrite.....

Dont get me wrong I do like it when I am sole arty, the targets are thick and fast. But I do believe it is a team support role and I think that 2 is better than one. Bollocks to what anyone thinks about arty I love and WG seems to too, they can do what they want, and I will do what I want, so their spoiled baby tears are in vain here. 

mpf1959 #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStunning_Beauty, on 29 March 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I like to play arty as well, though I agree that the class still needs a bit fine tuning. One point would be, that there should never be more than two arty pieces per game; but not because I "don´t want to  share damage", which is a selfish reasoning.

OT: What other changes I would like to see?

- Reduce the impact of stun effect (not it´s duration) by at least a half. The stun-effect should give allied tanks a fighting advantage when they combat stunned enemy vehicles, but not completely wreck the enemy on itself. They have feelings, too and getting stunned is just too annoying right now.

- Change the MM to +2/-1: As an arty player I don´t want to fight tanks that are 2 tiers below me. I want enemies not victims.

Three arty and the same amount of TD (sometimes more) can bog a game down and make it static also.

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PosteXterm, on 29 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Typical "I love playing arty" wot player, low wn8, low w/r, able to do dmg only in artys. That's why I hate arty, guy who can't hurt me in normal tank can annoy me by stunning over and over again. Or worse - platoon of 3 "good" players permastunning me. Back in time I played arty much and I know how annoying it can be (as a dmg "deliver" and dmg "recipient"), your poll will be full of "1" answers because people can't choose "0".

Wish you best... misses

And yes... Call me hipocrite because I want arty to be removed as a guy who played it and knows good how bad is arty mechanics and how much "skill" is needed to play it

edit.

Sold all SPGs from garage in a moment when I completed SPG-15 for Object 260 and promised myself not to play it again and research tanks with good armor to be able to accomplish "ding-dong missions" instead of playing those.... "tanks" *pfff*

I voted 3 on the basis of your toxic post.

HeidenSieker #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
"How many SPGs" is variable anyway; random games having 3 SPGs in are a minority.

Darth_Clicker #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58887 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 30 March 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

"How many SPGs" is variable anyway; random games having 3 SPGs in are a minority.

Exactly....that has even been backed up here in the SPG forum.

Hendrik3 #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2921 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

Three in a game isn't fun even for arties.

I like being the only one as an arty, though - more stuff to bomb.
As a tanker, getting spotted and trying to dodge three incoming projectiles is just too much... you just get flattened in no time.

mpf1959 #11 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, I'm glad to see I think like the majority here, it seems 3 really is a crowd!

Off topic but I had a really great game in the Bishop a day ago, one of the team an AT7 I think? was being attacked and the enemy were side on, I managed to take the enemy out without harming the AT, the Bishop has such good aim, and I felt really good about that shot.

Snaques #12 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29675 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

One issue with three arties on each side are the increased amount of draws. Just today I had two draws where 5 of the arties were left alive. It is so stupid how they just click enemies one by one and then end up camping at each corner.

In one of the games, 3/3 in top 3 for one team and 2/3 in top 3 for the other were arties. All had +3k damage and bunch of kills. After the battle I went to check the stats and NONE of them were above 49%?!? So much for the high skill cap for SPGs.

So broken...

EDIT: Obviously on Malinovka and Glacier where everything is open.

EDIT2: Another issue with 3 arties is that if they position themselves wisely, they can cover pretty much the whole map unless it's a city. So you really really can't do anything against them.

EDIT3: Jesus, just had a third game which was 10 sec from being another clicker draw, this time on Prokhorovka (open map again). These games are pure torture for everyone except clickers, who can then celebrate their stats together over a draw. What a disgrace. One of the 6 was >50% and still everyone in their team top 4. Pure skill LOL.

Edited by Snaques, 10 April 2018 - 11:41 PM.

mpf1959 #13 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I am totally against 3 arty in a game, it benefits no-one.

Yesterday I played in tanks in no arty games, at least 2 times, but when in my arty many were 3 of us, (I should have counted) mostly 2, it's very galling!

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 11 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

I am totally against 3 arty in a game, it benefits no-one.

Yesterday I played in tanks in no arty games, at least 2 times, but when in my arty many were 3 of us, (I should have counted) mostly 2, it's very galling!

I honestly don't mind, whether I'm playing SPG or not. One team still wins, the vast majority of the time. It's just a difference in play for a small percentage of games.

mpf1959 #15 Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I despise it, I wish I would have counted the 3 arty games I was in yesterday, maybe I'll do it today, if I can be arsed.

HeidenSieker #16 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 12 April 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

I despise it, I wish I would have counted the 3 arty games I was in yesterday, maybe I'll do it today, if I can be arsed.

Do you know the percentage of games with 0, 1, 2 or 3 SPGs in?

Orkbert #17 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27301 battles

Well, to quote from the other thread, when I did indeed count the SPGs in my battles for hundreds of matches and of course made a distinction whether I used an arty myself or not:

Block Quote

First the matches that I entered with a non-SPG tank:

0 SPGs encountered:  109 matches (18,6%)

1 SPG per side:           241 matches (41,2%)

2 SPGs per side:         172 matches (29,4%)

3 SPGs per side:           63 matches (10,7%)

Now the matches in which I choose an arty myself:

One arty:      133 matches   (35,5%)

Double arty: 148 matches   (39,5%)

Triple arty:     94 matches    (25,1%)

Snaques #18 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29675 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostOrkbert, on 13 April 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well, to quote from the other thread, when I did indeed count the SPGs in my battles for hundreds of matches and of course made a distinction whether I used an arty myself or not:

I'm genuinely curious on the time frame of this data set. Did you record it over multiple weeks and all weekdays or is it "biased" toward weekdays or weekends?

Personally I feel like you get much more 3 arty games over weekend.

Orkbert #19 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27301 battles

View PostSnaques, on 14 April 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

I'm genuinely curious on the time frame of this data set. Did you record it over multiple weeks and all weekdays or is it "biased" toward weekdays or weekends?

Personally I feel like you get much more 3 arty games over weekend.

Oh, it had been over several months and I counted every single match I did, so no distinction between work days and weekends.

And I used vehicles from tier III to tier IX, so someone who would near exclusively play only tier VIII upwards (or any other tier selection different from mine) could technically experience other distributions.

And with that lengthy observation I also noticed that yes, occasionally you can easily have a few days in which the majority of your matches will have two or even three arties in them, but then again, just as easily you can have days during which nearly all your matches will be either arty-free or only have a single SPG, but the arty haters usually only complain about one deviation from the average but stay completely silent about the other.

mpf1959 #20 Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24040 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHeidenSieker, on 12 April 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Do you know the percentage of games with 0, 1, 2 or 3 SPGs in?

No, sorry, but I do play a lot of games, my avg is over 50 a day, and it'd be something like hard work to take a note of the games, but maybe thats why I see so many 3 arty games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users