Jump to content


Amount of arty in a team, random game.


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: How many spg's per team is best? (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How many spg's per team? There will be no zero choice as arty haters opinions are irrelevant to me.

  1. 1 (20 votes [40.82%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.82%

  2. 2 (23 votes [46.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.94%

  3. 3 (6 votes [12.24%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.24%

Vote Hide poll

Pattonizer #81 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8765 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
I think 2 would be enough per match if not already too much. Remember, there are maps with absolutely no arty cover for certain tanks.

If your team consists of just about more paper-tanks because of random reasons, 3 SPGs match up does not normalize that in any way.

Edited by ___Rampage___, 22 May 2018 - 11:44 AM.


Gremlin182 #82 Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 54862 battles
  • 9,080
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

We all do this doesn't make it or us right but that's life, by that I mean having a viewpoint and then either just using the facts that prove our point or phrasing the post in a way to do much the same thing.

 

I am not especially pro arty I would have used a different mechanic to add indirect fire but that does not matter because we now have arty.

Wailing against it is a little pointless trying to work with wargaming by being constructive is a possibility but how can you do that if you just want them out of the game.

Well its your only option that's likely to work so its be constructive or just go play another game.

 

Arty players have had to put up with a heck of a lot to try and convince some of you, if the changes that were made to arty were made to tanks you play you would be here screaming about that.

tbh its a pretty selfish attitude to take, saying I think my game would be a lot better if you remove arty.

Oh right so to make your experience better someone has to lose out completely.

 

Players do not camp specifically because of arty I have been in many games hundreds maybe even thousands where players even in heavy tanks have camped at the back and there were no arty in the game.

Its not about arty its about being spotted and then shot, and it really does not matter if the tank shooting you is an SPG TD heavy tank or whatever.

The point is you are spotted and even though you cannot see anything you are now taking damage.

Sure you can go hull down but it matters not because they will either use premium or at a pinch HE they will even flank youeventually.

 

If they cannot damage you that doesn't matter either because you are pinned, move and you get shot stay still and you have been neutralised and the enemy can go take out the rest of your team.

So the situation you find yourself in especially on open maps is being shot at by multiple enemy tanks you cannot see and cannot effectively return fire  to.

 

Arty players have as much right as you do to be in this game.



Pattonizer #83 Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8765 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostGremlin182, on 22 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

We all do this doesn't make it or us right but that's life, by that I mean having a viewpoint and then either just using the facts that prove our point or phrasing the post in a way to do much the same thing.

 

I am not especially pro arty I would have used a different mechanic to add indirect fire but that does not matter because we now have arty.

Wailing against it is a little pointless trying to work with wargaming by being constructive is a possibility but how can you do that if you just want them out of the game.

Well its your only option that's likely to work so its be constructive or just go play another game.

 

Arty players have had to put up with a heck of a lot to try and convince some of you, if the changes that were made to arty were made to tanks you play you would be here screaming about that.

tbh its a pretty selfish attitude to take, saying I think my game would be a lot better if you remove arty.

Oh right so to make your experience better someone has to lose out completely.

 

Players do not camp specifically because of arty I have been in many games hundreds maybe even thousands where players even in heavy tanks have camped at the back and there were no arty in the game.

Its not about arty its about being spotted and then shot, and it really does not matter if the tank shooting you is an SPG TD heavy tank or whatever.

The point is you are spotted and even though you cannot see anything you are now taking damage.

Sure you can go hull down but it matters not because they will either use premium or at a pinch HE they will even flank youeventually.

 

If they cannot damage you that doesn't matter either because you are pinned, move and you get shot stay still and you have been neutralised and the enemy can go take out the rest of your team.

So the situation you find yourself in especially on open maps is being shot at by multiple enemy tanks you cannot see and cannot effectively return fire  to.

 

Arty players have as much right as you do to be in this game.

 


I think we are not arguing against this. We just talking about numbers. I think 1 or 2 arties makes the game more interesting and tactical. 3 is just too much in lot of situations. 

Gremlin182 #84 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 54862 battles
  • 9,080
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View Post___Rampage___, on 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

 


I think we are not arguing against this. We just talking about numbers. I think 1 or 2 arties makes the game more interesting and tactical. 3 is just too much in lot of situations. 

 

Fair point I guess I am a little sensitive about arty.

 

Main problem as I see it is good arty players combined with good scouts make for a horrible time for the enemy.

Their ability to focus on one target is a little op at times, thankfully doent happen that often.

I don't mind the stun but the increased splash radius can be a pain for a map with a choke point it can be devastating.

 

If all we had was limited range support arty and not corps level arty it would probably be fine.

Tier 1-8 arty in todays game could work but they had to push it to tier 10

 



mpf1959 #85 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24396 battles
  • 1,205
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
One thing I find amazing, WG see no problem with having 6 of 30 vehicles arty in random battles, but only 2 of 60 in frontline! I know, the arty barrage etc, but still, it's a bit confusing, their rationale I mean.

Orkbert #86 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27360 battles
  • 2,011
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

Well, since it's been almost a month since I posted my counts for the battles in which I chose arty myself I guess I could make an update now:

 

 

1 Arty          30 battles (21,9%)

2 Arties       69 battles (50,4%)

3 Arties       38 battles (27,7%)

 



Darth_Clicker #87 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 59094 battles
  • 3,413
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View Postmpf1959, on 23 May 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

One thing I find amazing, WG see no problem with having 6 of 30 vehicles arty in random battles, but only 2 of 60 in frontline! I know, the arty barrage etc, but still, it's a bit confusing, their rationale I mean.

 

haha.....you put WG and rationale in the same sentence....you are an adventurous one!!!!

mpf1959 #88 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24396 battles
  • 1,205
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

lol! I must say, in FL I love to track a tank then call a barrage on it. Am I a bad person for enjoying this though?

 

Probably :teethhappy: :arta:


Edited by mpf1959, 24 May 2018 - 03:22 PM.


Orkbert #89 Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27360 battles
  • 2,011
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

While Wargaming doesn't seem to be actually working on that battle loading issue with HDD drives I do have a few further matches accumulated when I chose a non-SPG myself.

 

0 SPGs encountered:   20 matches (11,5%)

1 SPG per side:            74 matches (42,5%)

2 SPGs per side:          53 matches (30,5%)

3 SPGs per side:          27 matches (15,5%)

 

As a funny instance, all first digits were roundable to .5 (funny for statisticians and mathematics, that is)

 

Of course more important is the comparison with my numbers from a year ago:

 

Block Quote

 

0 SPGs encountered:  109 matches (18,6%)

1 SPG per side:           241 matches (41,2%)

2 SPGs per side:         172 matches (29,4%)

3 SPGs per side:           63 matches (10,7%)

 

While my current evaluation has yet to accumulate a similar amount of matches it does seem that the matches with one or two arties are still similar with my old survey but the number of triple arty matches seem to have increased a bit, and that mainly at the expense of the arty-free matches.

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users