Arty finally gets teamdamage points from stunning?

TK system reworked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

truoste #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36825 battles

My biggest issue with arty lately has been those special someones (majority of the people who enjoy arty in my mind) that shoot allies without any hesitation. I think that 1stwarlord is to blame here as "damage is damage" is his thing (or so i have heard) and artyplayers seem to want to be just like him, but in their own special way. They see ally facehugging enemy and they just masturbate on them as they get dmg and likely assists when they stun both tanks and stunned ally shoots stunned enemy. This has happened way too often and usually I have been on the receiving end and I have never seen arty get blue from that....until today! Finally. Evidence? Here, replay is not worth watching as it is nothing special but right at the end, that scumbag manages to stun allied is3 and enemy while doing NO damage to that ally, only stun and gets his reward and turns blue. Justice! 

Is this new with 1.0? Anyone else ever seen scumpiggies turning blue for just for stunning allies?

Edited by truoste, 29 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24107 battles

View Posttruoste, on 29 March 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

My biggest issue with arty lately has been those special someones (majority of the people who enjoy arty in my mind) that shoot allies without any hesitation. I think that 1stwarlord is to blame here as "damage is damage" is his thing (or so i have heard) and artyplayers seem to want to be just like him, but in their own special way. They see ally facehugging enemy and they just masturbate on them as they get dmg and likely assists when they stun both tanks and stunned ally shoots stunned enemy. This has happened way too often and usually I have been on the receiving end and I have never seen arty get blue from that....until today! Finally. Evidence? Here, replay is not worth watching as it is nothing special but right at the end, that scumbag manages to stun allied is3 and enemy while doing NO damage to that ally, only stun and gets his reward and turns blue. Justice! 

Is this new with 1.0? Anyone else ever seen scumpiggies turning blue for just for stunning allies?

All that bile and childishness to ask the one simple question at the end ?

truoste #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36825 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 29 March 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

All that bile and childishness to ask the one simple question at the end ?

For you it maybe nonsense but for me it is as bad as it gets. It literally makes me want to return the favor and seeing it going unpunished is just wrong. 

Dundato #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26148 battles
Arty is the best

Scotviking1968 #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14620 battles
did the nasty arty touch you in your secret place OP ?

BP_OMowe #6 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Posttruoste, on 29 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I've never seen anyone turn blue from stunning, but as one can turn blue from 0-damage detracking shots I assume it is possible.

Your attitude towards arty is another matter though, one I find quite unfair. Shooting danger close is seldom done out of general carelessness (although I do have seen several occasions when the arty-player simply doesn't give a flying F, I've seen more examples where the arty refrained from taking a potentially saving shot out of fear to hurt the team-mate) , but a calculated risk taken to increase the chance of survival for the friendly tank.

Stunning both crews matters relatively little in one-on-one slug-outs (as the handicap is the same for both) compared to the enemy losing hp and possibly losing modules and thus have to spend the repair-kit preventing other repairs.

Stunning someone in the presence of more than one hostile tank is a different matter as mobility is the key to stay alive, be it getting into hard cover or just angle oneself properly.

What I find most appalling though, is that the complaints seldom if ever concern that KV-2 lobbing a huge shell in there, or heavies accidentally tracking the light trying to circle their target, this in spite of these things being far more common.

Don't even get me started on all the friendly fire happening during the final chase of the last remaining enemies...  that is where most of the carelessness really shows.

Simeon85 #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostBP_OMowe, on 29 March 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Shooting danger close is seldom done out of general carelessness 

It's like 99% general carelessness, there is basically no excuse for it, arty have a birdseye view, under zero pressure, with all the time in the world to watch the situation develop. 

And yet most of the time they still take the shot anyway, cos you know what circling light really needs to take splash damage and be stunned, or that facehugging heavy really needs to have his reload halved when he is desperately trying to survive a situation.

This is because the vast majority of arty players are not team players, they rank amongst the worst teamplayers in the game, they whine when flanks are open instead of moving, they demand spots even when it's basically suicide, they kill themselves at almost every opportunity, they XVM focus instead of helping the team with the actual dangerous targets and they hit friendlies when it is completely unnecessary. 

There is a reason the 'scumbag' tag exists, and it's because many artillery players fully live up to it. 

BP_OMowe #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSimeon85, on 29 March 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

It's like 99% general carelessness, there is basically no excuse for it, arty have a birdseye view, under zero pressure, with all the time in the world to watch the situation develop. 

And yet most of the time they still take the shot anyway, cos you know what circling light really needs to take splash damage and be stunned, or that facehugging heavy really needs to have his reload halved when he is desperately trying to survive a situation.

This is because the vast majority of arty players are not team players, they rank amongst the worst teamplayers in the game, they whine when flanks are open instead of moving, they demand spots even when it's basically suicide, they kill themselves at almost every opportunity, they XVM focus instead of helping the team with the actual dangerous targets and they hit friendlies when it is completely unnecessary. 

There is a reason the 'scumbag' tag exists, and it's because many artillery players fully live up to it. 

As usual, your contempt for a class that can fire at you while being out if your reach makes the whole base for your argumentation regardless of reality.

Yes, your facehugging tank will have it's RoF...  but so will the other guy's be. Difference is that you now only need two shots to kill him instead of three.

As for suicide proneness, you can check my replays marked suicide on WoT-replays. For some reason, artillery isn't the most common offender.

The reason for the scumbag-tag is the same as for the tags "skypig", "sky cancer" and all other pejorative terms: player bias against an element present in the game that does not fit their zoom zoom boom boom ideals.

PhooBar #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18394 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you guys wanna face-hug, go for it.  I see it fail about 50% of the time.  Gods eye view and all that.

I've picked up a few "Lucky" awards.  Every one of them was from one red tank killing the red tank that was trying to kill me.

On one memorable occasion, l win the match because the Edited that killed the ELC face-hugging me turned blue and got kicked.

Team damage is mostly a tank thing.

Edited by BunnyCommander, 30 March 2018 - 09:24 AM.
inappropriate remarks

Homer_J #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttruoste, on 29 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

They see ally facehugging enemy 

Don't then.

If that's your only tactic and I've marked the target and I'm of the opinion that you could have moved then you are going to get whacked.  Tough.

Arty can go blue, just has to do more hits.  And no tank has to do damage to go blue, the arty probably did some module damage which just tipped him over the edge.

Edited by Homer_J, 30 March 2018 - 07:40 AM.

Orkbert #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25182 battles

That arty can damage teammates much more often without turning blue is a claim that has never been proven by any hater.

That teamdamage done by nearby splashing with HE is counted as less severe offense is applies to all HE shots regardless of the tank that shoots it, it's just that most other tanks have a negligible HE splash radius so they hardly ever get some splash damage on a nearby friendly.

Orkbert #12 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25182 battles

For stuff that exists on the forums...

There is widespread acceptance that players with win rates around 40% are actively sabotaging their own team (i.e. even worse that regular afk botting)

So when you insist on using 'scumbag' I guess you will gladly accept getting called the term we usually reserve for 40% trolls?

Hendrik3 #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

a) It's like 99% general carelessness, there is basically no excuse for it, arty have a birdseye view, under zero pressure, with all the time in the world to watch the situation develop. 

b) And yet most of the time they still take the shot anyway, cos you know what circling light really needs to take splash damage and be stunned, or that facehugging heavy really needs to have his reload halved when he is desperately trying to survive a situation.

c) This is because the vast majority of arty players are not team players, they rank amongst the worst teamplayers in the game, they whine when flanks are open instead of moving, they demand spots even when it's basically suicide, they kill themselves at almost every opportunity, they XVM focus instead of helping the team with the actual dangerous targets and they hit friendlies when it is completely unnecessary. 

d) There is a reason the 'scumbag' tag exists, and it's because many artillery players fully live up to it. 

a) Zero pressure? Lights invading your backline, counter arty, a flank crumbling and half the enemy racing at you - crap accuracy ruining your play session.

b) I myself don't take those shots because I'm not risking being blue and the bile that people well send after the battle, but sometimes the shell is already underway and there's little I can do if a light suddenly starts being suicidal or some silly [edited]with a deathwish goes head to head without a chance of killing or surviving. I see people do lots of stupid stuff from bird's eye view.

c) Laughable prejudice here. And yes, we whine when flanks are open because that's how everyone gets shot from all sides and loses. Also, an open flank is death to arty (see point A). We see the battle develop and can see when things go wrong while you're playing peek-a-boo with another heavy. When arty has to move (which is slow and cumbersome) we cannot support and often get shot in the 4ss by fast enemy tankers.

d) You have no idea how arty can change a game in your favour. You keep picking on the negatives but there surely are enough of positives. Just look at how much damage they can do - that's all less enemy for you to face. I've seen scumbags in many vehicles, most of them think that other players keep them form being epic... while it's their own incompetence doing so. I'm guessing you're posting with a 2nd account, but if it's your main account - you don't get to complain about anything, really.

Lately I enjoy TD's a lot more. I'm pretty sure that if WG ever removes arty from the game, you'll be whinging about those too... shooting you from concealment - so unfair!

Cobra6 #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Stunning allies should carry a serious penalty, just like doing damage to them.

You are effectively handicapping your allied tank in it's fighting capability making him stand a much higher chance of receiving damage, missing his shots and being unable to move properly which is greatly impacting that allies enjoyment of the game.

And according to the EULA you are not allowed to negatively impact the enjoyment of the game for your team mates so it seems simple to me.

I hate it when arties "try to help me out" when I'm in my light tank engaging an enemy tank in CQB....If I needed help with the situation I would have avoided it until friendly tanks show up or ask for it in chat....

Don't shoot enemy tanks when I'm standing right next to them in a fight, Wargaming already handicaps light tanks for no reason in every way possible so I could really do without you stunning my @ss making my tank even less competitive!

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 30 March 2018 - 08:59 AM.

evilchaosmonkey #15 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16618 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostCobra6, on 30 March 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

You are effectively handicapping your allied tank in it's fighting capability making him stand a much higher chance of receiving damage, missing his shots and being unable to move properly which is greatly impacting that allies enjoyment of the game.

And according to the EULA you are not allowed to negatively impact the enjoyment of the game for your team mates so it seems simple to me.

I hate it when arties "try to help me out" when I'm in my light tank engaging an enemy tank in CQB....If I needed help with the situation I would have avoided it until friendly tanks show up or ask for it in chat....

Cobra 6

OK if they make a clear warning to the arty player that the combination of dispersion+flight time may result in a stun.

You know it is hard to juggle those two and anticipate how tanks are going to move during the flight time.

Yes yes yes... tough on the arty player, and it is perhaps the only real skill needed in arty.

Whilst I haven't played much arty, I will admit that once I deliberately stunned a friendly on Paris. 

Two face hugging, friendly a one shot, enemy on about 10hp.  Enemy was going to reload first.  Saved the friendly but at the expense of a stun to him.

Did apologise for the stun and he told me to "F" off.  Never again.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 30 March 2018 - 09:03 AM.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #16 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostCobra6, on 30 March 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Don't shoot enemy tanks when I'm standing right next to them in a fight, Wargaming already handicaps light tanks for no reason in every way possible so I could really do without you stunning my @ss making my tank even less competitive!

Cobra 6

I seem to stun friendlies and kill the enemy which was about to kill that particualr friendly, many, many times.... <insertLassardvoicehere>

Ungratefull?

When someone puts up a marker on the other side of the enemy tank doesn't mean you should go to the other side of the enemy tank.

And don't tell me you didn't see the marker....

BunnyCommander #17 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

• 2230 battles

O, hai boiz.

I see you're having fun here, but we have Arty Topic, here:A LINK, WHOOOOOOA

So, I'm closing this thread ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users