Unplayable since micropatch

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

krismorgan #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
fps drop,freezes etc since micropatch.Was fine yesterday,tried vanilla no difference and yes im running game on an ssd.wd wg for another well thought out and implemented improvement!

Dundato #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles
Works fine for me

jack_timber #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31165 battles

Same here no problems....

pancoitoro #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37486 battles

View Postkrismorgan, on 29 March 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

fps drop,freezes etc since micropatch.Was fine yesterday,tried vanilla no difference and yes im running game on an ssd.wd wg for another well thought out and implemented improvement!

Me too, same problem, running hd client.

FluffyRedFox #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I had my main issue fixed, with the freeze at the start removed after the micropatch.

krismorgan #6 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
I also rolled back my nvidia card thinking an update had caused it but no difference.hd myself.just like warplanes il just give up till they sort it.

Sharp1903 #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36800 battles
Not unplayable for me but I have some weird fps drops in the game, especially in Himmelsdorf. Loading time bug is fixed but I think they now broke another thing :) 

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
massive lag early evening, 6-7 uk time but fine since

krismorgan #9 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
put the game in sd and it works now?

velvetcough #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

i'm getting kicked out about every half hour....froze a couple of times first, and then all night just getting dumped onto my PCs desktop...was working fine yesterday, so can only be something in the micropatch for me.  Am running QB's modpack but, like i say, was doing so yesterday when I had no problem.  If it goes on, i suppose I'll have to try it vanilla as it's a royal pain in the ****, not to mention the fact that it messes things up for any team i'm in when it happens (I'm a big miss...), but I'm very reluctant to ditch the mod mostly on the basis that the time-saving tweaks in the garage make for a much easier life.

Anyone else in same position i wonder..?

Balc0ra #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well you have covered your most basic solutions, inc vanilla. But I suspect you have not cleared the cache.

Take this and paste it in your windows explorer "%appdata%/wargaming.net/Worldoftanks/" and clear it.

Homer_J #12 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvelvetcough, on 30 March 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

was working fine yesterday, so can only be something in the micropatch for me.  Am running QB's modpack but, like i say, was doing so yesterday when I had no problem.  

Great logic there.  It has to be the game, can't possibly be that the mods have not been updated. :rolleyes:

ironcross39tr #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34424 battles
  • [CMYK] CMYK
Works fine with me but my 6. sense voice gone. Does anybody have same problem about 6. sense? I just updated xvm, I dont use any other.

Spek_en_Bonen #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 31489 battles

View Postironcross39tr, on 30 March 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Works fine with me but my 6. sense voice gone. Does anybody have same problem about 6. sense? I just updated xvm, I dont use any other.

Yes!!!

Lot's of "no 6th sense" instances on my side (as in, the alarm doesn't go off)

Not using ANY mods.

View Postkrismorgan, on 29 March 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Didn't they put a sound fix in the micro patch???

Try updating sound drivers.

krismorgan #15 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 March 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

Well you have covered your most basic solutions, inc vanilla. But I suspect you have not cleared the cache.

Take this and paste it in your windows explorer "%appdata%/wargaming.net/Worldoftanks/" and clear it.

Did a fresh reinstall and its still the same if i use the hd version.

evilchaosmonkey #16 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View Postironcross39tr, on 30 March 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

You need to go to settings and select "user voice" in the drop down box.

Out of interest (well ok if you're sad like me), when I fixed that yesterday some of the original WG test voices were playing at 2x speed. Listening to a high pitched Chinese guy was faintly amusing for 2 seconds.

Ew_ #17 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36912 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M
I noticed "FPS" drops, or rather, stutters and freezes, when my downstream was loaded to 100% by another application. Maybe your internet is crap atm? This didnt use to be the behaviour with terrible internet and lost packets, back before 1.0 you would rubberband, i guess the tickrate is higher now and handled differently so you get stutter/microfreezes everytime your internet hiccups instead.

Edited by Ew_, 30 March 2018 - 11:14 AM.

velvetcough #18 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 March 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

Thanks, Balc0ra, for your help.  I'm not the smartest bunny when it comes to computers, so messing about with caches is fairly heavy duty in my world, but I've gone in and cleaned some stuff up, been in the game without being thrown out so far since, so your initiative and advice could well have solved my annoying problem.  For this, sir, I o7 you.

View PostHomer_J, on 30 March 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Great logic there.  It has to be the game, can't possibly be that the mods have not been updated. :rolleyes:

oh Homer...Homer....Homer, J...........et tu, Homus..?  Clan mate......You're late for the Ides, but my, your cut cuts.  

I offer you logic : Person has used modpack for couple of years, game has seen many updates in that time, person has never reported issues before or asked for help.....[ here is the logic...it is inference...it would seem reasonable, or logical, to then infer that ] ....person has not had to ask for help due to not having problems because person knows to update modpack when necessary, and the issue is something other than the modpack, which is why the person was asking the forum for help.

I'd ask you to give me some credit but really, there's no particular reason why you should, since if I were to take a stand on the depth of my capacities when it comes to the subtleties of computers, it would be on shifting and treacherous ground.  Still, around the time you were happily penning your response to me, I was happily receiving a joyous thumbs up from some relieved stranger in the comments section under QB's Youtube vid for his modpack, whose cry for help I had answered concerning why the thing no longer worked after the micropatch. 

For the love of the game...better than the love of god anyday.  And good day to you, sir.

see you on our beautiful battlefields.

Homer_J #19 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvelvetcough, on 30 March 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

because person knows to update modpack when necessary, 

The thing is, you can update the modpack but have all the mods you use been updated?  The only way to know if it's the game or mods is to try without the mods.  The logic that it worked before and it doesn't work now therefore it's the game isn't logical.

Now there are still bugs, people are still having slow loading times, no doubt there are other glitches but you can't claim the modpack is fine.

jabster #20 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postvelvetcough, on 30 March 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Thanks, Balc0ra, for your help.  I'm not the smartest bunny when it comes to computers, so messing about with caches is fairly heavy duty in my world, but I've gone in and cleaned some stuff up, been in the game without being thrown out so far since, so your initiative and advice could well have solved my annoying problem.  For this, sir, I o7 you.

oh Homer...Homer....Homer, J...........et tu, Homus..?  Clan mate......You're late for the Ides, but my, your cut cuts.  

I offer you logic : Person has used modpack for couple of years, game has seen many updates in that time, person has never reported issues before or asked for help.....[ here is the logic...it is inference...it would seem reasonable, or logical, to then infer that ] ....person has not had to ask for help due to not having problems because person knows to update modpack when necessary, and the issue is something other than the modpack, which is why the person was asking the forum for help.

I'd ask you to give me some credit but really, there's no particular reason why you should, since if I were to take a stand on the depth of my capacities when it comes to the subtleties of computers, it would be on shifting and treacherous ground.  Still, around the time you were happily penning your response to me, I was happily receiving a joyous thumbs up from some relieved stranger in the comments section under QB's Youtube vid for his modpack, whose cry for help I had answered concerning why the thing no longer worked after the micropatch. 

For the love of the game...better than the love of god anyday.  And good day to you, sir.

see you on our beautiful battlefields.

It may have been somewhat blunt but the point still stands. If you use mods then after a patch you’ll always going to run the risk of running into issues. Surely if you are experiencing problems the the first thing to do is run the game without loading mods so you can then determine if it really is the patch that is the issue?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users