T34 need a big buff!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ionutz3d #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22140 battles
  • [RO-GB] RO-GB
The T34 is one of the oldest vehicles and u forget it. The t34 is useless on actual wot. The turret get hits u cant play it anymore at hull down, big reload time.

psychobear #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18720 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostIonutz3d, on 29 March 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

The T34 is one of the oldest vehicles and u forget it. The t34 is useless on actual wot. The turret get hits u cant play it anymore at hull down, big reload time.

I fully agree in regards to the turret. The roof should be made not overmatchable, with only the cupola left as a weakspot. Also it's agility and speed should get a bit of a buff. These would make me a really happy bunny :)

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13777 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G
It's not Russian premium so...NO! Better luck buffing again the IS-7 or introducing the first premium Russian Artillery.

Capus #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38741 battles

View PostIonutz3d, on 29 March 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

The last time they 'buffed' it, they said they couldn't buff anything else or it would become OP. A few weeks later the defender first appeared in the premium shop, and we all know that the defender is 'weak' when compared to the T34, right?... In other words it's not going to happen, wg wants you to buy new stuff. And the new stuff will be rendered obsolete as soon as possible in an attempt to get you to buy the new OP'ness. I'm so happy that I've not played this game in about a month I think. Compared to what this game was when it started it's become a parody of itself. The game started out as arma2 and has devolved into a CoD style run and gun kiddyshooter.

But yes, the main problem is that this should be a hull down tank, but the turret roof is so big and bad that it's virtualy impossible to do so, unless you are going up against T6's. Just look at the tank, what are it's qualities?

Mobility? Lol nope

Armor? What armor?

Stronk turret? Sure if you are dumb enough to shoot the mantlet.

Penetration? Yes this used to be one of the strongest things about this tank, but with all the armor buffs that have been going on, the value of this pen is much less than it used to be. Don't get me wrong it's still good, it's just not as good as it used to be due to stronger opponents.

Alpha dmg? Yep, this is still pretty good.

Gun handling? Meh, let's say it's not crap.

Versatility? On most maps it's pretty useless as there are few places where you can actualy go hull down while hiding the turret roof. Side scraping only works against ppl who shoot heat. And the frontal 'armor' might as well not even be there.

There is nothing anymore about this tank that makes allows you to play to it's strenghts. It no longer has any strenght. To do well in it, you pretty much need to play against T6's or against complete idiots in higher tier tanks. They are just XP pinatas for other ppl.

Edited by Capus, 29 March 2018 - 11:18 PM.

MeNoobTank #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10430 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

View PostCapus, on 29 March 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

The last time they 'buffed' it, they said they couldn't buff anything else or it would become OP. A few weeks later the defender first appeared in the premium shop, and we all know that the defender is 'weak' when compared to the T34, right?... In other words it's not going to happen, wg wants you to buy new stuff. And the new stuff will be rendered obsolete as soon as possible in an attempt to get you to buy the new OP'ness. I'm so happy that I've not played this game in about a month I think. Compared to what this game was when it started it's become a parody of itself. The game started out as arma2 and has devolved into a CoD style run and gun kiddyshooter.

But yes, the main problem is that this should be a hull down tank, but the turret roof is so big and bad that it's virtualy impossible to do so, unless you are going up against T6's. Just look at the tank, what are it's qualities?

Mobility? Lol nope

Armor? What armor?

Stronk turret? Sure if you are dumb enough to shoot the mantlet.

Penetration? Yes this used to be one of the strongest things about this tank, but with all the armor buffs that have been going on, the value of this pen is much less than it used to be. Don't get me wrong it's still good, it's just not as good as it used to be due to stronger opponents.

Alpha dmg? Yep, this is still pretty good.

Gun handling? Meh, let's say it's not crap.

Versatility? On most maps it's pretty useless as there are few places where you can actualy go hull down while hiding the turret roof. Side scraping only works against ppl who shoot heat. And the frontal 'armor' might as well not even be there.

There is nothing anymore about this tank that makes allows you to play to it's strenghts. It no longer has any strenght. To do well in it, you pretty much need to play against T6's or against complete idiots in higher tier tanks. They are just XP pinatas for other ppl.

Aim time is realy really bad, you forgot to mention that. You need to stay still to take your shots like for a really long time, in that time the enemy already shot you twice.

skero #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24928 battles

When you are in town streets without cover it could be bad. But when you are working ridges/hiding lower plate, it is still awesome tank.

Problem is that tier 8 tanks are meeting tier 10 on regular bases and no tier 8 tank can handle tier 10 tank very well.

So main problem is with MM now as more and more people reaching their tier 10 can.

Mr_Burrows #7 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44270 battles

T34 is in no way "awesome". It is a slow, bad agility, low DPM, mediocre hull and only about reasonably armored turret heavy tank with about as much going for it now as an ice cube in Sahara. Nice to have but melts away too fast when things get hot to be of real value. 

It has been in dire need of a series of buffs since about 2015. It will not happen though, as it could cost WG some spare change if people did not buy the newest OP tanks in game instead. 

I feel for those that fall into the trap and still buy this POS tank. Mine has been rusing away for 3 years now, or something like that. Even the IS-6 is a way better tank, despite abysmal pen on both standard and prem ammo. 

Am I wrong about the T34? Yeah, surely. That is why you see so many T34's in game nowadays. Every battle is just riddled with them. Specially on the new flat earth maps. 

CrimsonEntropy #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26595 battles
Sold me for the all of the reasons mentioned above. It had served it's purpose but in today's meta it struggles massively - there are maps where it can perform well but increasingly I find it to be slow, ungainly and somewhat squishy. 

skero #9 Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24928 battles

That is the problem, Everyone sees the bad sides instead of those which are actually pretty good and need to be used to your advantage. T34 has great AP pen (which is one the most important stats for prem tank), 400 dmg and godlike turret armor for tier 8 and even higher.

I have no problem when Im top tier but against tier 10, you can do only so much.. Like in others tier 8 tanks.

T34 is somewhat T30 with different gun.

Edit: And I forgot outstanding gun depression 10.

Edited by skero, 31 March 2018 - 11:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users