remove arty from matchmaking

arty noobs arty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

IRAMTANKS #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1680 battles

Just remove them, after 15k rounds on ps4 wot i had enough because arties were so overpowered and total [edited]for this game just camp in base and ruin games from players who try to play. Now on pc it is same [edited][edited]in every [edited]round. Just remove them from matchmaking and put them play with bots, because those [edited]arty noobs don't do anything than just ruin rounds and they won't even notice if their targets are bots. Atleast give us option to remove arty from matchmaking so players who want not campfest arty spam games can play without arty. This [edited][edited]have to end. 

And before some arty scrub comes blame my stats. zamy39 on ps4 so yes i know what i'm talking about.

Steve8066 #2 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10689 battles
i just want an option to turn it off in settings occasionally. I dont mind it to start with but after the 6th or 7th consecutive battle with 3, it gets boring very quickly and makes me afk in them.

Aikl #3 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostIRAMTANKS, on 29 March 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

(...) Just remove them from matchmaking and put them play with bots, because those [edited]arty noobs don't do anything than just ruin rounds and they won't even notice if their targets are bots.(...)

There's a sticky; I'd advice you to make more constructive threads if you want them to live.

Anyway, I strongly suspect clicking bots just wouldn't be the same for artillery players, or for anyone else for that matter. PvP is far more satisfying than PvE (playing against bots). PvE in Armored Warfare was primarily good when you wanted some good old 'tanks go boom', not when you wanted the satisfaction of doing well against "peers".

A more constructive viewpoint would be to find out why artillery is in the game. Player retention is one reason I can think of. Not gonna bother arguing for it. Anyway, if you want artillery gone, there would need to be something to replace it that covers the pros (as perceived by Wargaming) of artillery.

View PostSteve8066, on 29 March 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

i just want an option to turn it off in settings occasionally. I dont mind it to start with but after the 6th or 7th consecutive battle with 3, it gets boring very quickly and makes me afk in them.

I might not enjoy artillery, but you might be exaggerating a bit (unless they are vastly more popular on the mid-tiers than the higher ones). I do agree that games with more arty are worse for everyone. Including arty themselves. One is usually fine. Two can be tolerable, but often a pain on certain maps where getting spotted is a necessity if you want to actually play a game instead of watching it. Think Prokhorovka.

Obvious solution is to encourage less arty gameplay. As mentioned above, there's some kind of reason why artillery is in WoT. A solution would need to take that in mind. Simply directly or indirectly (think game economy) limiting the amount of battles a player can play in artillery is not good enough.

SPG changes seem to have made a lot of players shift to TDs instead, which offer the opportunity for similar gameplay. Question is, with the way maps are inherently camp- and sniper-friendly, would that actually improve the game? I suspect not. Also, apparently some want to play SPGs still. It would be a bad/zero-sum change for the gameplay quality, but a bad change for Wargaming.

I'd like to see the whole artillery mechanic get revamped. It shouldn't be a class with minimal 'skill' requirement, yet often consistent damage output and 'no-risk/high reward' gameplay. Making SPGs more oriented towards flank support than 'orbital artillery' might be a decent way of 'fixing' it - though it's not like the current map designs would mean that much of a change anyway. Alternatively, one could argue for making range a bigger factor, in terms of accuracy while also making SPGs more 'battleworthy' (able to take a few hits if seen). That would bring some balance into risk/reward, at least.

krismorgan #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30960 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
i want a no whiner option

Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I'm amazed you played 15K games on PS4, expecting it to be different here. Then again you lot still have the WT auf E100. So there is that at least.

View PostIRAMTANKS, on 29 March 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

And before some arty scrub comes blame my stats. zamy39 on ps4 so yes i know what i'm talking about.

You hate it so much that you did grind a tier 9 US arty? I suspect the trophy is for 100 games if you wanted that & not 1000 games in arty. Well it was 100 during closed beta on 360 back in the day. Then again considering how the lay of the land differs vs the two platforms. I see your transition is not working out to well.

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 March 2018 - 11:31 PM.

Dundato #6 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26046 battles
Nope yer not getting it. Arty is Awesome

Steve8066 #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10689 battles

View PostAikl, on 29 March 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

There's a sticky; I'd advice you to make more constructive threads if you want them to live.

Anyway, I strongly suspect clicking bots just wouldn't be the same for artillery players, or for anyone else for that matter. PvP is far more satisfying than PvE (playing against bots). PvE in Armored Warfare was primarily good when you wanted some good old 'tanks go boom', not when you wanted the satisfaction of doing well against "peers".

A more constructive viewpoint would be to find out why artillery is in the game. Player retention is one reason I can think of. Not gonna bother arguing for it. Anyway, if you want artillery gone, there would need to be something to replace it that covers the pros (as perceived by Wargaming) of artillery.

I might not enjoy artillery, but you might be exaggerating a bit (unless they are vastly more popular on the mid-tiers than the higher ones). I do agree that games with more arty are worse for everyone. Including arty themselves. One is usually fine. Two can be tolerable, but often a pain on certain maps where getting spotted is a necessity if you want to actually play a game instead of watching it. Think Prokhorovka.

Obvious solution is to encourage less arty gameplay. As mentioned above, there's some kind of reason why artillery is in WoT. A solution would need to take that in mind. Simply directly or indirectly (think game economy) limiting the amount of battles a player can play in artillery is not good enough.

SPG changes seem to have made a lot of players shift to TDs instead, which offer the opportunity for similar gameplay. Question is, with the way maps are inherently camp- and sniper-friendly, would that actually improve the game? I suspect not. Also, apparently some want to play SPGs still. It would be a bad/zero-sum change for the gameplay quality, but a bad change for Wargaming.

I'd like to see the whole artillery mechanic get revamped. It shouldn't be a class with minimal 'skill' requirement, yet often consistent damage output and 'no-risk/high reward' gameplay. Making SPGs more oriented towards flank support than 'orbital artillery' might be a decent way of 'fixing' it - though it's not like the current map designs would mean that much of a change anyway. Alternatively, one could argue for making range a bigger factor, in terms of accuracy while also making SPGs more 'battleworthy' (able to take a few hits if seen). That would bring some balance into risk/reward, at least.

couple of points.....

Im in the UK, if i play before 5pm then its usually okay as you only get the odd arty here and there. After sort of 6/7pm, the 3 arty battles simply go one after the other.

With regards camping, i camp far more in battles with arty than in those without them.

TheComfyChair #8 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6459 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
:popcorn: ...

nightfoxy #9 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54679 battles

Posted Image

<3

jack_timber #10 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31906 battles
Yawn.... Haven't we heard this all before several dozen times. Now back to battle T92 should just about be loaded.

Hardass #11 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32659 battles
Nothing to see here move along.

PhooBar #12 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18145 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postnightfoxy, on 29 March 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

<3

Stahp it.  You're going to scare the tankistas.

Besides that, it makes me nostalgic for tbe early days and I start rambling on like a proper old fart...

MattieW #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12871 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB
Tell us where the bad arty touched you?

Jigabachi #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postnightfoxy, on 29 March 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

<3

You should pick a different gif. Autoloaders getting oneshot is just karma. :P

Asklepi0s #15 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

• 5288 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Thank you for contacting moderation team.
If you want to give us feedback about Match making please
press 1.
If you want to continue with artillery thread
press 2. 

Have a amazing day !
Asklepi0s

Edited by Asklepi0s, 30 March 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Also tagged with arty noobs, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users