matchmaker POS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Limbaaa #1 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21250 battles

what is the point of playing at least 80 % aff all games against 2 tier higher tanks?

What is the point?

I might also go back to farage right away instead of insta dying in a tier 5 to a tier 7,

or in a tier 7 to tier 9.

Besides that the new patch is fine, but the MM - sometimes I just want to puke seeing it.

Do something WG!

It must be a known topic!

Yeah btw - I dont care if there is already a topic - Ißm just pissed

Edited by Limbaaa, 29 March 2018 - 11:48 PM.

Dundato #2 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26139 battles
Play t10 then

Balc0ra #3 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
You don't seem to preform better in anything with +1 MM, tier 9 or even tier X that is top tier all the time. So not sure how much it would help.

Procjon #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54157 battles

View PostLimbaaa, on 29 March 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

what is the point of playing at least 80 % aff all games against 2 tier higher tanks?

What is the point?

I might also go back to farage right away instead of insta dying in a tier 5 to a tier 7,

Besides that the new patch is fine, but the MM - sometimes I just want to puke seeing it.

Do something WG!

The point is to get you so MAD that you will invest your real $$$$ to buy premium account.

I guess WG's strategy works as intended.

HF

Balc0ra #5 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostProcjon, on 30 March 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

The point is to get you so MAD that you will invest your real $$$$ to buy premium account.

I guess WG's strategy works as intended.

HF

Not bought premium time for over 2 years. Still no issues with it. I suspect I've not become mad enough then? Problem is that everyone thinks that the only way to get XP is to do damage in a +2 game. Even lights.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 March 2018 - 02:56 AM.

Procjon #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54157 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 March 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Not bought premium time for over 2 years. Still no issues with it. I suspect I've not become mad enough then? Problem is that everyone thinks that the only way to get XP is to do damage in a +2 game. Even lights.

The only way to break even with credits under current updates in tier 10 is to play power creep tanks or to be very defensive. It is very HARD to play older tanks, be aggressive and make enough credits to cover the battle after battle, maybe scouts. Basically with each release new tanks are stronger and you need to use more premium ammo. Of course you don't have to but how many times you can shoot medium tank in the rear.

For example the obj 430U eats most of my shells to its side when at the same time obj. 140, t62, 907 get pens easily. I've seen many times obj 430U holding city front line vs 5 heavy tanks unable to pen it while side scraping and doing +6k blocked damage by armor. Try to do it in other medium tanks i mentioned.

HF

HF

jack_timber #7 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles

I don't mind the +2 MM, sadistic or what.

It all depends on the class of tank you play. For me it's either TDs or Arty.

So if I get into a T9 or 10 battle, with for example a UDES and usually bottom tier, I know that the only effect I can have is to play long range sniper. Something this tank excels at.

Play to your tanks strengths whether it be armour, speed, firepower, camo etc.

Just imagine me brawling in a T10 matchup with a tank that can be damaged by even the squirrels tossing down it nuts on me....

Homer_J #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLimbaaa, on 29 March 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

what is the point of playing 

A bit of light entertainment.

If you are looking for a point to pixel tanks there isn't one apart from escaping real life for a while.  If it's not working for you then do something else.

Just to see how bad it really is: 17586

Edited by Homer_J, 30 March 2018 - 08:17 AM.

OreH75 #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46889 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

What is the point?

Do something WG!

There are only three +2 tier tanks maximum on the enemy team, fight the five that are +1 and 7 of the same tier first and then deal with the +2...

Hendrik3 #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

What is the point?

Do something WG!

It's a challenge, and an opportunity to get some of those nifty medals :p
I'm not bothered too much, if there is ever a chance to learn to play - it's in these cases.

Tom_Deekanarry #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5998 battles

3-5-7 has serious issues that can ruin the fun factor of the game, it's actually caused players I play with to quit.

the 10-5 format is workable as there are twice as many lower tier tanks than higher, the one tier split means you have a reasonable chance against the higher tiers especially as they are the minority.

The 2 tier split means there are more higher tier tanks than the lowest tier, the damage point difference across 2 tiers is huge , as is the gun damage, the net result of this is the higher tier guys are nearly always grouped together and as soon as they find a lower tier player that has lost higher tier support they just drive straight at them, no manoeuvre, no shoot n peek just drive straight at them and club them, they know the low tier gun can do nowhere near enough damage to destroy them before one or two hits kills it, it's simple maths, add to which the armour differences can mean the lower tier guys can't even penetrate!

A prime example of this is a UK Valentine against an O1, you might as well drown the tank.

Now some cretin will now jump in and start banging on about "git good" and all the pathetic crap that always gets spouted in these threads, but unfortunately that's NOT how game play works when you find yourself faced by a tank you cant damage because of the MM, or the 3 artillery keeps tracking you, on a map that channels you into frontal confrontations or with no mobility to get into a flak position!

Next we will have the "play tier X" stupidity as well, what if you have no interest in pretend tanks, what if you want to play historical vehicles that saw combat, what if you are a ww2 historical fan?

This game should be playable across all tiers, 10-5 is workable 3-5-7 is not.

3-5-7 sucks and as far as I an many others are concerned should be binned asap!

Asklepi0s #12 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

• 5690 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Due to the high number of Match Making, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.
Thank your for your understanding.
Have a nice day !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users