wot boss we are spoilt in EU we should be more like RU

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28186 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/03/29/world-of-tanks-boss-on-update-1-0-battle-royale-and-more/

Did you read this ?  

"Russian players, they can be a little more forgiving as to the hardships of the game, and they’re more patient when it comes to 15v15 straight, pure, PVP kinds of things.

Western players, it’s not good or bad, it’s just…it’s entertainment. So they’re less forgiving to being killed quickly, and learning curve, et cetera." 

Personally I found this truely entertaining because we all know about the "patience" of the Russians, if their tanks are not OP they scream until they are buffed and WG duly obliges until they are the strongest in tier and class. 

evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

CT server tells you all you need to know about the Russian psyche in 5 mins flat.

Not a nation or people I would trust to forgive.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15997 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postshane73tank, on 30 March 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/03/29/world-of-tanks-boss-on-update-1-0-battle-royale-and-more/

Did you read this ?  

"Russian players, they can be a little more forgiving as to the hardships of the game, and they’re more patient when it comes to 15v15 straight, pure, PVP kinds of things.

Western players, it’s not good or bad, it’s just…it’s entertainment. So they’re less forgiving to being killed quickly, and learning curve, et cetera." 

Personally I found this truely entertaining because we all know about the "patience" of the Russians, if their tanks are not OP they scream until they are buffed and WG duly obliges until they are the strongest in tier and class.

From what I've heard from others and saw on the CT servers, it's the opposite.

Russian players are very very agressive. EU players are just all abot opportunism/flanking, which takes time. Unless it's a unicorn plat in E 50M, B-Cs, Pattons, etc.

EDIT: Ninja'd

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 30 March 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

CT server tells you all you need to know about the Russian psyche in 5 mins flat.

Not a nation or people I would trust to forgive.

^^^^^^

Edited by WindSplitter1, 30 March 2018 - 01:36 PM.

Afdass #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles

So, Edited Nothing new so far.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 31 March 2018 - 01:45 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29204 battles
Given the whinefests that spring up every time WG introduce a new tank that people might actually have to spend five minutes learning how to effectively fight against that actually seems a pretty accurate assessment of the EU playerbase.

leggasiini #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14232 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Good thing that you didn't choke on crayons :^)

Balc0ra #7 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postshane73tank, on 30 March 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Personally I found this truely entertaining because we all know about the "patience" of the Russians, if their tanks are not OP they scream until they are buffed and WG duly obliges until they are the strongest in tier and class

Well yes and no. IS-3 to name one was given it's magical side armor, and the T-44 have been buffed 3 times in 6 months because it's a popular tank with the lobsters "their tomatoes". And IS-3 had the worst tier 8 HT win rate on RU. T-44 was one of the worst tier 8 meds there.  T-54 mod 1 was given the same buffs. And to be fair, EU as well as NA have screamed as much for a buff on that as RU have. As most buffs of late are due to how they preform on RU vs on other servers. IS-3 never did struggle on EU before that buff.

Then again they are not wrong. EU and NA do then to whine more about stuff. NA more then EU tbh. I mean WG called EU the drama queen server the last time. And when you read the topic titles here vs on RU... you kinda get why.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 March 2018 - 02:18 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postshane73tank, on 30 March 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

You say that having never ever visited the RU forum.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11548 battles

Did you read this ?  

April Fools Joke innit. 

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47242 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Russian players don't whine.

As long as French, German or British tanks don't outperform theirs.

HundeWurst #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69954 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 March 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well yes and no. IS-3 to name one was given it's magical side armor, and the T-44 have been buffed 3 times in 6 months because it's a popular tank with the lobsters "their tomatoes". And IS-3 had the worst tier 8 HT win rate on RU. T-44 was one of the worst tier 8 meds there.  T-54 mod 1 was given the same buffs. And to be fair, EU as well as NA have screamed as much for a buff on that as RU have. As most buffs of late are due to how they preform on RU vs on other servers. IS-3 never did struggle on EU before that buff.

Then again they are not wrong. EU and NA do then to whine more about stuff. NA more then EU tbh. I mean WG called EU the drama queen server the last time. And when you read the topic titles here vs on RU... you kinda get why.

Well I guess the Russian market is quit a bit different compared to the NA market. The EU is somewhere inbetween due to its history.

I very much think that WG NA is dying because WG focuses on the RU market and caters the basically exclusively.

In a way this kind of behavior is understandable. They dont want to lose their home market. On the other hand its a bit short sighted. They give up a MUCH MUCH MUCCCCCHHH bigger market, the US. WG never managed to really find the red line between only catering the RU market and helping out the other two markets.

I personally feel like when EU is starting to die, whenever this might happen (I really dont know) then they might actually rethink their strategy to only cater the RU cluster. But oh well.

And it seems like the Devs, the publishers, and whoever else is in charge are of somewhat weak character. If they feel like giving in to the RU demands every single time.... Why cant they stand up to them. I mean they are just telling NA and EU to STFU every other day. So why dont they do it with the RU server as well.

I mean WoT 1.0 has revealed a lot about WGs policies and future goals. They dont want to keep the current playerbase. They want to generate an ever ongoing stream of new players. Ofc that is what every onlinegame has to do, but WG is sacrificing current players for that.

WoT 1.0 is a step forward, but also a HUGE step backwards. A noticable amount of things got worse.

Victor himself said, that their target customer group are the "gentlemen wanting to blow of steam after work". This makes me question one thing: Can these guys not do that in balanced environement as well? With balanced tanks and good maps? That would help the younger generations of players out as well. Or maybe not the younger ones but the ones who want to play a bit more competetive, who care for decent balancing, for good map design, for doing well.

And I dont think that the "more competetive group" of players is that small either.

I dont know and most likely nobody else here, that includes most of the EU staff, knows whats really going on in WGs headquater.

Cobra6 #12 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

This is also why the RU server has fully embraced the premium ammo spam like Wargaming wants everyone to do yet here on the EU there is still quite a strong opposition to balancing tanks according to an ammo type that should be an exception, not the rule.

Cobra 6

chiggy #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31076 battles
Which brand of cornflakes were you eating at the time?

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

When you play on CT you can see who is RU, EU and NA. There are always more RU players in every team on CT server.

Most of the time gameplay on CT is very very different from live servers. Many players seem to have only loaded premium rounds (which sometimes does not work out so well for them - spaced armour). The other thing you notice is RU players attacking in human waves. I know it was an USSR tactic in in WWII, and was still a tactic for USSR armies prior to 1989, but it is somewhat surprising to still see it represented by RU player actions in a video game of the 21st Century. So it seems RU players are more accepting of being slaughtered early whilst pushing for a win.

TheComfyChair #15 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7612 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postchiggy, on 30 March 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Which brand of cornflakes were you eating at the time?

I would recommend most supermarkets own brand, as the "Posh" brands are on the same par.

DracheimFlug #16 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 30 March 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well I guess the Russian market is quit a bit different compared to the NA market. The EU is somewhere inbetween due to its history.

I very much think that WG NA is dying because WG focuses on the RU market and caters the basically exclusively.

In a way this kind of behavior is understandable. They dont want to lose their home market. On the other hand its a bit short sighted. They give up a MUCH MUCH MUCCCCCHHH bigger market, the US. WG never managed to really find the red line between only catering the RU market and helping out the other two markets.

I personally feel like when EU is starting to die, whenever this might happen (I really dont know) then they might actually rethink their strategy to only cater the RU cluster. But oh well.

And it seems like the Devs, the publishers, and whoever else is in charge are of somewhat weak character. If they feel like giving in to the RU demands every single time.... Why cant they stand up to them. I mean they are just telling NA and EU to STFU every other day. So why dont they do it with the RU server as well.

I mean WoT 1.0 has revealed a lot about WGs policies and future goals. They dont want to keep the current playerbase. They want to generate an ever ongoing stream of new players. Ofc that is what every onlinegame has to do, but WG is sacrificing current players for that.

WoT 1.0 is a step forward, but also a HUGE step backwards. A noticable amount of things got worse.

Victor himself said, that their target customer group are the "gentlemen wanting to blow of steam after work". This makes me question one thing: Can these guys not do that in balanced environement as well? With balanced tanks and good maps? That would help the younger generations of players out as well. Or maybe not the younger ones but the ones who want to play a bit more competetive, who care for decent balancing, for good map design, for doing well.

And I dont think that the "more competetive group" of players is that small either.

I dont know and most likely nobody else here, that includes most of the EU staff, knows whats really going on in WGs headquater.

Be fair. How many movies have had history either twisted to suddenly be US-centric or are not made at all simply because the majority of Americans do not care much about anything non-US? Except to complain about how they are being mistreated, of course, or how the UN is some sort of conspiracy to take over the US..... 

Junglist_ #17 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37130 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 30 March 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

The other thing you notice is RU players attacking in human waves. I know it was an USSR tactic in in WWII, and was still a tactic for USSR armies prior to 1989,

Source? From what I read they only used it during the early stages of the war and didn't find anything about it post WW2. 

And in my opinion it's pointless to compare CT to RU live server, the gold spam can be explained by people having pretty much unlimited supply of credits and the careless gameplay from people not worrying about their stats / winning or losing / earning credits and xp.

shane73tank #18 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28186 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Ah hey , for me it’s funny when someone mentions Russians and patience 

View PostHomer_J, on 30 March 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

You say that having never ever visited the RU forum.

been here long enough to remember is3 with weak turret roof and t44 with it’s crap pen 

vcristi #19 Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67110 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

Spoiler

You eat cornflakes and you call yourself 'european' ?

shane73tank #20 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28186 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postvcristi, on 31 March 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

You eat cornflakes and you call yourself 'european' ?

we Irish are very open minded 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users