Lights! what is the point?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

WOTJunk1e #1 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6919 battles
Lights are no longer playable as scouts they are lightly armoured fast mediums, either played suicidally or camped at the back. The light tank campaigns where multi thousands of spotting damage is required are only achievable in a tier 9 or 10 where the HP pool is huge. Platooning is pointless because lights are no longer played as scouts because it doesn't work so I fail to see why WG keeps them in the game they may as well pool them all as mediums and make the MM's life easier

Ziurawka #2 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20024 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostWOTJunk1e, on 30 March 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

Lights are no longer playable as scouts they are lightly armoured fast mediums, either played suicidally or camped at the back. The light tank campaigns where multi thousands of spotting damage is required are only achievable in a tier 9 or 10 where the HP pool is huge. Platooning is pointless because lights are no longer played as scouts because it doesn't work so I fail to see why WG keeps them in the game they may as well pool them all as mediums and make the MM's life easier

I did all the missions in tier VII and below for T55A, on lower tiers scouting is still a thing dude.

In thigh tiers sure the HP pool is bigger, but good luck not getting spotted yourself and being obliterated by laser pointers. 

Bordhaw #3 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9581 battles

View PostWOTJunk1e, on 30 March 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yeah, you're nearly a year behind with that news. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I had no issues doing my LT missions on mid tier even. Tho some of the new maps has some of the god old spots removed or blocked by new objects further out etc. Still there again spotting is now easier on a few maps vs before. As they all have 10x more vegetation to cover an approach for most angles.  Even on Fishermans bay via the middle vs a HT heavy enemy team. There are so many bush lines going across there now, you are even safer vs before to name one if you have a passive spot build on your lights. I got 8K there on my T71 going back and forth on the middle area.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

For light tanks, the sweet spot is tier 6 and tier 7. At that tier your viewrange really does make a difference and so does your camo.

In tier 9/10 lights you are just a gimped medium that gets outspotted by mediums and even heavies, your camo is largely irrelevant and at tier 10 your gun is terrible at mid/long range as well.

In tier 8 lights, fun can be had but you will get spotted a lot of the time because reasons (tm )

Cobra 6

LordMuffin #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
My AMX 13 75 is a great looking tank which is rather fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users