WG V1.0 Survey

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

So, I just logged in to my game client and was greeted with a V1.0 survey. Fine I said, I'll take it, a quick survey, blast through it, no biggy. It was actually thorough and took me about 45 minutes of my time actually, not a quick survey I thought it was. Again fine, hardly a problem, certainly not moan at that lol and it ended with a "Is there any other suggestions you would like to add to improve the game" and I said that I would like to see a little less influence from RNG, not lots, just a little.

However, I would like to add another suggestion to that in hindsight of the survey since it's now too late and it is this. I completed your survey as an experienced player and customer, it took the bones of an hour since I did it properly and all I got was a thank you. Would it really have been such a big thing to give me/us half a dozen personal reserves of some kind as a show of gratitude and courtesy ? It cost's you nothing to do so and would have been a nice gesture for customer feedback participation along with the willingness/encouragement for me/us to bother participating in any future surveys. :confused:

HaZardeur #2 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33473 battles

Every new WG employee gets this at his first day in office...

LCpl_Jones #3 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9775 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 March 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

. and all I got was a thank you....

if you gave them the answers they wanted to hear, you will now have positive RNGesus and a rigged MM :great:

you'll be on their blacklist for punishment for daring to speak out if you didn't :ohmy: like a form of in game gulag :P

bstb3 #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38927 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

Yeah i got one of these today too. Not quite sure how you managed to drag it out for 45 minutes, but it wasn't a quick thing for sure. Amongst stuff about performance and sounds (they seem really excited about the new sounds) It asked about 2 maps and what I thought of them - Murovanka and Ruinberg. Not sure if OP had the same map questions? It would be annoying if they were skipping Erlenberg and Fjords from the survey, as they are surely the most important (i.e. cocked up) maps since the update.

Did spend a lot of time on the other comments at the end, just to cover off those abominations of maps (as well as the 268 v4), but god knows if they will ever read it. 

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles
Update- I also got 1 shot twice this evening by arty from full hp. This is new to me, so can add that to the amendment too. So not only did you dismiss calls for arty reformation but you actually kicked these requests in the teeth by restoring SPG to 1 shot levels of damage AND keep the stun too... wow... I'll just say maybe I was unlucky... twice in close succession  

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

Update- A little less blatant would be nice too. despite the laughable failteam, to drag it back to a 2 vs 1 and then kick me in the teeth not once not twice but three times with a low roll on the arty, a low roll on the heavy whatever it was and then to "ricochet" the same heavy on the back of his turret. both these tanks were dead normal alpha values withstanding and the in the case of the heavy, I killed him twice, it was a win, another Pools, but your game decided no. NOT cool

LCpl_Jones #7 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9775 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

dude you didn't answer correctly :facepalm:

quick buy a fort knox to restore the balance :trollface:

p.s. quite an epic draw  :unsure:

vcristi #8 Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67114 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
45 minutes? really?

Homer_J #9 Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

45 minutes?  They'd need to bung me more than a few personal reserves for that much of my time, a rare tier VIII premium and a month of premium account at the very least.  I'd have sacked it off two minutes in.

Edited by Homer_J, 31 March 2018 - 07:32 AM.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

View Postbstb3, on 30 March 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

It asked about 2 maps and what I thought of them - Murovanka and Ruinberg. Not sure if OP had the same map questions?

Interesting, I wondered why they focused their survey on the maps they did but looking at your comment its now clear that we didn't all get the exact same survey. I didn't get asked about any of the maps you mentioned. I was asked about Artic Region, Fjords and Fisherman's Bay.

PS. Has anyone else been one shot by arty lately or notice their damage output has increased? Maybe I was just very unlucky twice to be one shot but even in other battles SPG is taking half my hp away most the time. Is that a thing now?

Martijn_mk2 #11 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
Got the same survey, stopped after a couple of questions, because i didnt want to wait for 10sec everytime for the next question to load.
They cant even make a survey that works smoothly :facepalm:

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #12 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

They still have to prove they "lissun"...

bstb3 #13 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38927 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

View PostTungstenHitman, on 31 March 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

PS. Has anyone else been one shot by arty lately or notice their damage output has increased? Maybe I was just very unlucky twice to be one shot but even in other battles SPG is taking half my hp away most the time. Is that a thing now?

Penned 4 times by arty in the last three days, across about 100 battles I guess. This is the first time in I can remember how long I have been penned even once, so it does feel worse. But, massive disclaimer, I've been playing tanks with very low armour in places, so its probably just that. Same as for a Hellcat, I guess. In my case Emil 1 side armour (20mm?) was penned twice by arta (GW Tiger for at least 883 and M53/55 for 1k ish). Also S1 penned twice, again by M53/55 and GW Tiger funnily enough. Like I say though its not impossible looking at the pen on the HE and the armour they could have hit, just freaky how frequently it has happened after such a long time without it.

Edited by bstb3, 31 March 2018 - 12:10 PM.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 31 March 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

p.s. quite an epic draw  :unsure:

Thanks, a Radleys is nice but a Pools is nicer and so is the win. Today I would not be denied by some low roll even though I think I really should have had a Pools with the Hellcat but anyway I think the Radleys was about fair enough. The wins were sweeter though. WG think the Pools was epic, will I get 2500 gold? I doubt it lol If I was from Rasha, the gold is in the bag. Probably a good "carry the stupids" in there tough lol

Browarszky #15 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Well, at least they didn't rig it to pop up after you had activated your PR's....

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 April 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Well, at least they didn't rig it to pop up after you had activated your PR's....

Nice spot. Yes that was a +300% crew booster, feels good. I took the opportunity of crew transfer discount to move transfer the crew from my totally unused UDES, could have moved the STRV crew too tbh, both I no longer use, don't like turretless TDs any more. But there are only 3 crew in the UDES so I kept the former crew man who now has 3 women all to himself though if you look at this facial expression he isn't very happy about that arrangement but maybe this is because is the loader. I still haven't his 2nd skill upgraded so I'm using the event boosters and X2 crew thingy that is currently in place to upskill and consolidate tanks I now enjoy playing and moving crew from tanks I no longer use. :)

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

Update- another suggestion I forgot to add. I have a soft spot for historically iconic tanks. However there are some tanks I would like to use but they have visually been made ridiculous. For example the Panther and Tiger1. The Panther, when fully upgraded no longer looks like a Panther we know and love. It has a stupid turret that was maybe used a few times at the end of the war or only excised in blue prints and it gets some ridiculously long top gun that looks like Pinocchio after 100 lies. I play the VK(m) for this reason since, when it's fully upgraded, looks as close to a Panther as it gets and has the sort of performance that a Panther should have.

Ironically the stock turret on Panther is actually how the upgraded turret should look. What's the difference? Well if you look at the Panthers "stock" turret in-game, look at the lower part of the gun mantlet, you will see it is flat from the half way point down. This was a later addition to the Panther as the early Panthers had a completely rounded mantlet like the VK(m) and when shot, would deflect the shell down through the top of the hull killing the crew underneath, a tactic Sherman and Allied crew learned and how they would knock a Panther out frontally, so the Germans made the lower part of the mantlet flat, and that cured this killer ricochet. So you see, the in-game stock turret should be a round mantlet and the top turret should be the current stock turret and shave some feet off that silly top gun lol. Same for the Tiger, the stock gun is the correct length, not the Pinocchio's nose. Would love to see this change :) 

Browarszky #18 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 April 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Update- another suggestion I forgot to add. I have a soft spot for historically iconic tanks. However there are some tanks I would like to use but they have visually been made ridiculous. For example the Panther and Tiger1. The Panther, when fully upgraded no longer looks like a Panther we know and love. It has a stupid turret that was maybe used a few times at the end of the war or only excised in blue prints and it gets some ridiculously long top gun that looks like Pinocchio after 100 lies. I play the VK(m) for this reason since, when it's fully upgraded, looks as close to a Panther as it gets and has the sort of performance that a Panther should have.

Ironically the stock turret on Panther is actually how the upgraded turret should look. What's the difference? Well if you look at the Panthers "stock" turret in-game, look at the lower part of the gun mantlet, you will see it is flat from the half way point down. This was a later addition to the Panther as the early Panthers had a completely rounded mantlet like the VK(m) and when shot, would deflect the shell down through the top of the hull killing the crew underneath, a tactic Sherman and Allied crew learned and how they would knock a Panther out frontally, so the Germans made the lower part of the mantlet flat, and that cured this killer ricochet. So you see, the in-game stock turret should be a round mantlet and the top turret should be the current stock turret and shave some feet off that silly top gun lol. Same for the Tiger, the stock gun is the correct length, not the Pinocchio's nose. Would love to see this change :) 

I've also earmarked the VK 30.02 M for discount and intend to get one soon...ish to build myself a historically more accurate Panther. :)

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 April 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

I've also earmarked the VK 30.02 M for discount and intend to get one soon...ish to build myself a historically more accurate Panther. :)

It's a lovely tank you won't regret it and its a big heavy unit so you can bully and ram lower tiers when your top. It has the same upper plate values as a T-34-85M too but a much better gun mantlet and turret than the T34 so you can really work those ridge lines like a boss... and better gun dep too, just the alpha sucks but is has good dpm to make up for it.

Oh.. about those cursed personal reserves. It actually may have truth because if I'm not knocking in Radleys and Pools medals, I can't catch a win... but that's ok because I LOVE the big challenge. BTW I bounced off the side of arty in this battle :sceptic: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users