Fair share - platoon XP sharing option

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25864 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

Playing platoons can be a lot of fun, especially if you have a structure.

A friend of mine used to play SU101 and i did Su152... - he bounced the shots and i ran in and rofl stomped them. Great fun!

Now here is the issue: scouts. damage tankers. artillery... they all can end up quite unproportional low in therms of XP.

The following solution would be for GOOD FRIENDS (or clanmates) you want to reward for their help. For taking those roles.

Upon platooning you get the OPTION to check [x]share XP rewards equally. 

(assuming platoon of 2, for simplicity)

This way if one of you scores 400xp and the other 600xp -> both of you get 500xp combined

[counting base XP only, so it won't get confusing! Special rewards & XP boosts etc should be still to each themselves... just the base is shared and then multiplied accordingly. - if there is a thing like 1111 xp total. 1 xp goes to the guy having the highest base XP, so it doesn't fall under the table = 556 for the top guy. 555 for the lower guy ;) ]

Again: this is if you WANT to have a fair split for roles. I seen it over n over that scouts for instance have to do OUTSTANDING spotting or they get 1/3 of a guy that fires 2 times its guns :/ 

If you feel like sharing... like being kind n generous or even want to help a not that good player out... NOW you got the OPTION to do so.

I can imagine this is also a GREAT way to ensure people stick to their platoons more often and don't quit after death.

When you leave a platoon early... it still will count the way you got into the battle: so no guys with lucky games can be greedy jackasses and just tab out in order to 'get it all' ... (which is short distance thinking to say the least)

Suicide, teamkillings, dying within 3 minutes, etc. = your XP are given to your platoon, or at least you are NOT shared with.

Fair is fair. Do your work, get your share! ♥

xx984 #2 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56430 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
Quite like this idea to be honest

shane73tank #3 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29024 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
quite a nice idea TBH

Le_Norris #4 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17829 battles
  • [S2O] S2O

Not quite sure about the suggestion.

Maybe yes, lets say tier 6/7/8 and above?

I mean, you could push inexpierinced friends to higher tiers more quickly. There are quite enough players like this there, don't you guys think?

Edited by Le_Norris, 31 March 2018 - 11:41 AM.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11389 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Nice idea but high risk for abuse imo

Balc0ra #6 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67397 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 31 March 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Nice idea but high risk for abuse imo

This. Tho for once OP had a good post. I doubt they will implement it. As it can reward bad play as much as good. Or be used as a tool to get alt accounts up faster with a bad crew etc.

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 31 March 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Suicide, teamkillings, dying within 3 minutes, etc. = your XP are given to your platoon, or at least you are NOT shared with.

Fair enough, but there is still a big window to reward bad play and just pulling up a tomato to get up the tiers faster.  As camping in base don't counter any of those thing. And if you die in the first 3 min.. and your platoon mate carries. Well, it's as pr the norm.

Then again... before they had the 10% XP bonus if they played a platoon. I suspect that would be overall better, then a system that can be exploited either way how many doors you cover. And if you cover to many. It will be useless anyway.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

When it comes to things like that, there are too many possibilities for abuse. Also, rewarding bad play with higher EXP than deserved is also something I'd not like to see.

It's all cool and nice in a perfect world (of tanks), where you have fun with your friends and all other players, but... well. That's not really how things work here.

Edited by Jigabachi, 31 March 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Aikl #8 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26054 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

When it comes to things like that, there are too many possibilities for abuse. Also, rewarding bad play with higher EXP than deserved is also something I'd not like to see.

It's all cool and nice in a perfect world (of tanks), where you have fun with your friends and all other players, but... well. That's not really how things work here.

Yeah, platoons are already kind of iffy. Tends to 'break' the randomness of mere three top-tier tanks a lot, platoonmates tend to be on roughly the same 'level' after all.

Once met the same 'casual' (a bit above-average, actually) triple-T10 platoon three times in a row. All where 3-5-7 matches. We had a triple-platoon of more 'dedicated' (good, not totally tryhard) players. Apart from the novelty of meeting them three times and messing them up each time, that wasn't very fun - despite having an otherwise crappy session. Almost felt bad for them, though of course they chose to engage our platoon in literally the worst way possible. They probably learned something. Or ragequit. Probably the latter.

I'm sure it's fine for some, still.

Edited by Aikl, 31 March 2018 - 12:30 PM.

Homer_J #9 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So lets say I was running a 2nd account for the refer a friend tank.  It's doing some stock grind I don't enjoy.  I could load it up on my potato laptop, get it into a platoon with my main, press F twice, and just play my main account.

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22430 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

If people weren't s into abuse of mechanics this would be brilliant.

However, sadly, the vast majority would just abuse it for the reasons others have stated.

I would love for the community to be trustworthy enough to be given nice things like this.

Maybe we could make it a Personal reserve or something?

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15088 battles
Could we not loan out tanks to toon members but only while we are in a platoon, and on a very temporary basis, that amount of time I want to play a tier 8 heavy and my toon mates do not t8 heavies, I am sure this idea could work, and i am quite sure it is time for me to take my 'meds':D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users