Jump to content


racist rules for general chat

chat general racist nazi english

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

maturkh #1 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38078 battles
  • 14
  • [EXIKY] EXIKY
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014
Main channel on your chat shouldnt be only on english. its not true that everyone speak english and its very racist to make people use one language by threating them with ban that will actually affect all chats in game. example: someone from bosnia install a game, he dont know english, he come to general chat to make friends and try to get some answers about gameplay, he write: jel ima ko domaći, next thing that happens, he got banned for not using english so he cant use chat at all. can you guess what he will do next when he realises that he lost his only mean of contact with other players because he asked one question?  main channel should be for all languages,subchannels can be on specific languages

Homer_J #2 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • 28,498
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postmaturkh, on 31 March 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

can you guess what he will do next when he realises that he lost his only mean of contact with other players because he asked one question?

Look up the rules?

 

Learn not to open general chat?

 

Find a language specific chat channel?



Jigabachi #3 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17852 battles
  • 18,162
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

The main chat should stay English only. But there should indeed be some other ones. It's an old problem and I have no idea why they don't add a single "non-English" channel at least. That aspect of the game really limps behind 20 years. We already had multiple dedicated chatchennels in games when I was a kid.

 

But apart from that, if people are not able to spot that the chat is English only (Is the name "general chat" even translated into other languages?) and that writing some other gibberish might not be that welcome... well. Their fault.

See it as another motivation to catch up on some basic education.

 

edit: Calling that racist is plain stupid. He broke the rules he was supposed to read before playing.

 


Edited by Jigabachi, 31 March 2018 - 04:40 PM.


spamhamstar #4 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64310 battles
  • 1,403
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

The main chat should stay English only. But there should indeed be some other ones. It's an old problem and I have no idea why they don't add a single "non-English" channel at least. That aspect of the game really limps behind 20 years. We already had multiple dedicated chatchennels in games when I was a kid.

 

But apart from that, if people are not able to spot that the chat is English only (Is the name "general chat" even translated into other languages?) and that writing some other gibberish might not be that welcome... well. Their fault.

See it as another motivation to catch up on some basic education.

 

 

 

There are multiple non-english official chat channels, you just have to search for them.  WG Oficjalny Polski Kanal, being the polish one for example.  If there isn't one for your sepcific language you can even create your own one.

 

It's been long suggested that the client should automatically log you into the correct channel depending on the language selected in the client.  No idea why they haven't done this yet, other than just being WG.

 


Edited by spamhamstar, 31 March 2018 - 04:48 PM.


Bexleyheath #5 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3568 battles
  • 234
  • [K0RV] K0RV
  • Member since:
    01-07-2018

The rules exist for a reason: people writing in non-english just clogs up the chat for the 90% of people who dont speak that particular language. If you cant stick to a simple rule like that, you shouldnt be using the chat anyway. FYI, english is not my native language but I never ever use anything else in genchat.

 

Also, I dont think you know what 'racist' means.



Balc0ra #6 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 63685 battles
  • 14,954
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

If you use your brain and think about this a little. You would notice it's not because WG are "racist". It's simply because of the limitations the mods controlling it. No one speaks all the languages in the world either. And if the WG admins only understood 10% of what was said in General chat. How do you moderate that? And there is your answer. For all he know they could be talking crap to some one, or wishing them a good day. And since he don't know. He can't control it, and thus kicks them after a warning. If he did allow everyone to speak their mind, and only banning those that speak English. A majority of the channel could be in the biggest raging argument of all time... and he would never know.

 

Thus why other languages have their own chat room moderated by WG. So they can control it. As most that get warned are told to search for the channel in their language.



Dava_117 #7 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18149 battles
  • 2,558
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

The main chat should stay English only. But there should indeed be some other ones. It's an old problem and I have no idea why they don't add a single "non-English" channel at least. That aspect of the game really limps behind 20 years. We already had multiple dedicated chatchennels in games when I was a kid.

 

But apart from that, if people are not able to spot that the chat is English only (Is the name "general chat" even translated into other languages?) and that writing some other gibberish might not be that welcome... well. Their fault.

See it as another motivation to catch up on some basic education.

 

edit: Calling that racist is plain stupid. He broke the rules he was supposed to read before playing.

 

 

To be fair, the name general chat is translated in the client language. Never the less the few time I posted there I used english because ATM is recognized as ana international language.

Elus1oN #8 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2526 battles
  • 154
  • [CARPE] CARPE
  • Member since:
    01-06-2017
General chat :izmena:

Slyspy #9 Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14186 battles
  • 16,472
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
English is the current lingua franca for Europe. Deal with it. 

Jigabachi #10 Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17852 battles
  • 18,162
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postspamhamstar, on 31 March 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

There are multiple non-english official chat channels, you just have to search for them.  WG Oficjalny Polski Kanal, being the polish one for example.  If there isn't one for your sepcific language you can even create your own one.

Oh. Good to know. Then they just have to introduce an intuitive way to choose the right one...

 

View PostSlyspy, on 31 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

English is the current lingua franca for Europe. Deal with it. 

Not only for Europe...

The younger generations should definitely invest some of their precious time to learn it and schools should finally get their stuff together, but in the case of WoT you have to take into consideration that many players are a tiny bit older than 20 or 30...


Edited by Jigabachi, 31 March 2018 - 05:41 PM.


spamhamstar #11 Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64310 battles
  • 1,403
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Oh. Good to know. Then they just have to introduce an intuitive way to choose the right one...

 

Oh dear god no.  If the "improvements" they made to the missions tab is anything to go by, none of us will be able to find chat of any description should they do that.

evilchaosmonkey #12 Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16593 battles
  • 1,727
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

The younger generations should definitely invest some of their precious time to learn it and schools should finally get their stuff together, but in the case of WoT you have to take into consideration that many players are a tiny bit older than 20 or 30...

 

But we won the war over 70 years ago.

How much time do they need?

 

Spoiler

 



VarzA #13 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,120
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 31 March 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Look up the rules?

 

Learn not to open general chat?

 

Find a language specific chat channel?

 

Maybe i haven't looked well enough, but i have yet to find a list of channels that help speakers of non-english languages.

If you do know of such a list, feel free to link it.

 

PS: Or the rules written in all languages active in Europe, major ones at least.

 

View PostSlyspy, on 31 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

English is the current lingua franca for Europe. Deal with it. 

 

Time to tell the EU there is no need for translators of non-english to non-english.


Edited by VarzA, 31 March 2018 - 06:12 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27124 battles
  • 1,808
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostSlyspy, on 31 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

English is the current lingua franca for Europe the world. Deal with it. 

 

Imperialism for the win! Go Blighty!



Homer_J #15 Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • 28,498
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostVarzA, on 31 March 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

 

Maybe i haven't looked well enough, but i have yet to find a list of channels that help speakers of non-english languages.

If you do know of such a list, feel free to link it.

 

PS: Or the rules written in all languages active in Europe, major ones at least.

 

View Postspamhamstar, on 31 March 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

There are multiple non-english official chat channels, you just have to search for them.

 

 

The game rules are on the main website translated to the supported languages, failing that you will find them in the individual language sections of the forum.

Here is the post in the Polish section.

 

Rule 7 Google translated says:

7. Official language

7.01. General Chat: The official language of general chat in the game (and any other chat rooms not intended for a specific language) is English. Players who want to communicate in their native language are encouraged to use channels created specifically for their language.

 

There is even a post directing people to the official Polish chat channel in game.



Jigabachi #16 Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17852 battles
  • 18,162
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postspamhamstar, on 31 March 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Oh dear god no.  If the "improvements" they made to the missions tab is anything to go by, none of us will be able to find chat of any description should they do that.

Hey, just see it as a chance to meet other people. I always wanted to have a chat with people from the Himba tribe in south east Africa...

 

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 31 March 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

But we won the war over 70 years ago.

How much time do they need?

You didn't stay long enough to have enough of an impact. I heard that you fled back home again because the cooks and grannies here refused to cook your ugly food. :P

(Not talking about Scones and Yorkie Pudding with gravy, those are good - but the recipes are most definitely stolen from one of your former colonies.)



bitslice #17 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21851 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View Postmaturkh, on 31 March 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Main channel on your chat shouldnt be only on english. its not true that everyone speak english and its very racist...

 

I stopped reading there,

it's hard to type with a mouth full of vomit and laughter.

 

Honestly if we could just hurry along with the next generation of kids that would be great,

this current lot of snowflakes have really outstayed their welcome IMO

 

I'm hoping the next generation will be truly subversive, and not just get led along like good little sheep.

Also your music is a bit dull

And your clothes

And your taste in cars

 

Thanks for the lattes and the avocados though.

Even though we had them first.

 

 

 

 

 



DracheimFlug #18 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8956 battles
  • 4,028
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostSlyspy, on 31 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

English is the current lingua franca for Europe. Deal with it. 

 

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Oh. Good to know. Then they just have to introduce an intuitive way to choose the right one...

 

Not only for Europe...

The younger generations should definitely invest some of their precious time to learn it and schools should finally get their stuff together, but in the case of WoT you have to take into consideration that many players are a tiny bit older than 20 or 30...

 

 

As a citizen of an English speaking non-European nation (Canada) who happened to work as an accountant and a bookkeeper, I can report that there is a lot of international trade that is not done in English. English may be the most practical common language in many situations, but nevertheless large portions of the world either do not speak it, or speak very little of it. Non-English speakers are indeed well advised to learn English, but that does not excuse English speakers for expecting English abroad.



Tidal_Force #19 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16089 battles
  • 6,817
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostSlyspy, on 31 March 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

English is the current lingua franca for Europe. Deal with it. 

 

Not for long. In about year, English will stop being recognised as official language within EU.

Slyspy #20 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14186 battles
  • 16,472
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostTidal_Force, on 31 March 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

 

Not for long. In about year, English will stop being recognised as official language within EU.

 

Not quite what a lingua franca is. 





Also tagged with chat, general, racist, nazi, english

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users