Nice people for platoons, english conversations!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Deleviretta #1 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15505 battles
  • [AA1DP] AA1DP

As title mention I search for tankers to play platoons with. But I have an ulterior motive to do that. I would like to improve my English. I read a lot in English, listen to many recordings but I don't have people that I can talk to. So that is the purpose of this topic. English lessons finished and now I'm worried that my language will become rusty. Also I want to check if I would be able to understand an average English speaker - not my friend nor people giving speeches. Now maybe something about myself.

I can play every tier from V to X. Right now I play very often VI, VIII and X but that is not a rule. I can play as well other tiers but tank tier has to be above V. I don't care about your statistics. But there is one thing that I can't stand. I hate when people get angry because of the game and rage while playing. It's really unpleasant when you play with someone who shouts all the time. Apart from that, something personal - I'm student, I like rock music (I listen to this kind of music for almost 10years so I know fair amount of bands. QOTSA and AM are my favourite. Recently I found myself interested in metal music but I am beginner rly.), horror movies (especially those about possession : D) and sometimes I play League of Legends (I have an account on EUW and main supp so we can also have a little chat while fighting on summoners rift). If you would like to play with me and have a conversation about topics that I mentioned or anything else (on daily basis I'm really talkative person! It would be eye-opening to check if it is the same when it comes to talking in English) write me PM here or in game. Unfortunately I play only from Friday to Sunday at evening. Oh and maybe something important. You don't have to be native speaker to play with me. Maybe you are in the same boat as I am, so feel free to write to me, if you want to check your English skills. ^_^

I am really sorry if this post is badly written. I tried my best. Writing is also something that I struggle with so I try to practices. This post can also be considered as a part of it.

Consett_Steel #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17327 battles
Very well written - you should have no problems developing your language skills further. Good luck. 

UrQuan #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You can give the Forumites channel ingame a go (password: play4fun ) The channel is friendly & chatty at times + there's also platoons that can be quite chatty. The channel houses people from a variety of skill-levels & nationality, so sounds right up your alley :great:

Also your english seems to be on a pretty good level, so bar some misunderstandings, you should be fine in the channel. Don't be afraid to ask when something sounds weird or odd. English has some weird expressions after all + other languages expressions can sound weird in english too.

Edited by UrQuan, 04 April 2018 - 10:34 AM.

Endranii_PL #4 Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23641 battles
Don't let the guy above fool you. He is Ur-quan and believe me, no matter what he spells trouble. Depending on sub-species bigger or smaller, either way you are f****d. 

Joggaman #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23088 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEndranii_PL, on 07 April 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Don't let the guy above fool you. He is Ur-quan and believe me, no matter what he spells trouble. Depending on sub-species bigger or smaller, either way you are f****d. 

Haha, that reminds me.. 

This was the first signature I made for Urq:

Hero2107 #6 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11701 battles

I’m looking for pretty much the same! In short, I’m a native speaking rock/punk fan who doesn’t own a tier X but who wants to improve his english!

However, given the fact that my exams are coming up soon, I wont play WoT this whole month... (have fun with the obj 268 v4 ;)

But once my exams are over I’ll make sure to contact you!

Hero2107

superfly2000 #7 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

Sending in-game messages and invites to both OP and Hero2107.

I'm from Sweden so my english is really good.

Although I might be a bit on the tryhard side for you guys I'm pretty sure I can get you on board with what I'm trying to do...prividing you want to and willing to do the effort. I hope you let me explain more in Teamspeak. Until then you could check out my homepage:

http://sfly.weebly.com/

The english lessons are for free   :teethhappy:

Edit: Oh yeah, another downside is that I'm actually more into latin music like salsa. However, if you join you will probably just help to skew the tide even more in your favor as most I play with are "rockeros" actually   :P    :deer:   :justwait:     :playing:      :hiding:

Edited by superfly2000, 06 June 2018 - 12:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users