Jump to content


Personal missions for LT too hard


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

zero_fox_given #1 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3732 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

yeah, not because they are hard, but because the amount of idiots in the map just makes it impossible to complete.

im talking mainly about LT missions where you depend on your glorious team to do the damage

 

to put you into context, i already have obj260 on my main account. i started new account and as im grinding up the tiers im trying to complete the missions and get the crew ([edited]the tanks)

since i dont have any crews i see the LT missions most challenging, because you cant rely on your tank or your skill alone.

+ there is infinite ways how idiots can ruin your mission in a seconds:

 

  • you scout from bush and 2 morons come and start shooting right behind you
  • you get yolo rushed by moron in enemy team or moron in your team yolorushes and takes all spoting
  • low tiers are now full on dumb monkeys who have no clue where to go and even ifyou spot someone for couple of seconds, they just cant aim in time before target hides
  • no skills makes impossible to take aggresive locations and lack of 6th sense make it very challenging to passively spot
  • 2/3 maps just dont support any serious scouting
  • if you have platoon mission, you can just forget any kind of help, 90% monkeys have no idea what is the "+" sign next to the teammates name....

 

 

im just wondering how i will complete le 260 batch when i cant do the most easy one... god damn

 


Edited by zero_fox_given, 01 April 2018 - 11:57 AM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65764 battles
  • 16,004
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Not everyone at tier 5 or lower has a 2nd account with your experience either. Nor has tier 5 or lower had a reputation for being full of competent players. So idk what you are expecting.

 

 



Homer_J #3 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28132 battles
  • 29,450
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Reroll not going as well as expected?

 

Zero forks given.



zero_fox_given #4 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3732 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 April 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Not everyone at tier 5 or lower has a 2nd account with your experience either. Nor has tier 5 or lower had a reputation for being full of competent players. So idk what you are expecting.

 

 

point is: for all other classes, even noob can do it if he tries. for LT, its much harder



flashbarts #5 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41590 battles
  • 234
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

but you have already done the missions once, so why do you suddenly think they are too hard now ??

 

 



zero_fox_given #6 Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3732 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

View Postflashbarts, on 01 April 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

but you have already done the missions once, so why do you suddenly think they are too hard now ??

because LT is most dependant on crew skills. you dont have 6th sense, you are most likely to get killed in every bush you stop by to use binos, as optics does not make sense at that level

you dont have camo so any sealclubber in his t67 or similar will outspot you

for other classes, it is easily doable even without geting 100% crew

View PostHomer_J, on 01 April 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Reroll not going as well as expected?

 

Zero forks given.

ha..ha..

i didnt reroll for the stats i dont care about them, i had decent stats on my original account,

i started new account to get some motivation and to play from gound up when it comes for credits or skills. on my original account i had most tanks i needed and i didnt have motivation to start new lines, i just played the tanks i had and that sucked



VarzA #7 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19153 battles
  • 1,189
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View Postzero_fox_given, on 01 April 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

because LT is most dependant on crew skills. you dont have 6th sense, you are most likely to get killed in every bush you stop by to use binos, as optics does not make sense at that level

you dont have camo so any sealclubber in his t67 or similar will outspot you

for other classes, it is easily doable even without geting 100% crew

ha..ha..

i didnt reroll for the stats i dont care about them, i had decent stats on my original account,

i started new account to get some motivation and to play from gound up when it comes for credits or skills. on my original account i had most tanks i needed and i didnt have motivation to start new lines, i just played the tanks i had and that sucked

 

Coated Optics makes total sense, just not by themselves.

Low tiers is all about vision domination, so rack it up, vents+coated optics+binocs.

 

Past 3 weeks i've been grinding towards the T-100 LT, from t6 up, and honestly ..... it was not as bad as you make it sound.


Edited by VarzA, 01 April 2018 - 02:15 PM.


zero_fox_given #8 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3732 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

View PostVarzA, on 01 April 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

 

Coated Optics makes total sense, just not by themselves.

Low tiers is all about vision domination, so rack it up, vents+coated optics+binocs.

 

Past 3 weeks i've been grinding towards the T-100 LT, from t6 up, and honestly ..... it was not as bad as you make it sound.

 

are you people reading wha am i typing here?

im grinding from start and im at leopard. with less than 100% cre, vents,binos it has base viewrange ~350m. there is no benefit to mount optics on that shitty range...and to demount it for gold, while im not spending a penny on this account

so you can have niice grind from tier6 and i assure you, i will have great grind too once i get my reward crew and put it to VK 28.01 but till i get there, it suck monstrous whale balls.

 

and thats, my dear children, is why im moaning here.

imagine some really new player who tries to do missions...



VarzA #9 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19153 battles
  • 1,189
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View Postzero_fox_given, on 01 April 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

 

are you people reading wha am i typing here?

im grinding from start and im at leopard. with less than 100% cre, vents,binos it has base viewrange ~350m. there is no benefit to mount optics on that shitty range...and to demount it for gold, while im not spending a penny on this account

so you can have niice grind from tier6 and i assure you, i will have great grind too once i get my reward crew and put it to VK 28.01 but till i get there, it suck monstrous whale balls.

 

and thats, my dear children, is why im moaning here.

imagine some really new player who tries to do missions...

 

I would still advise you to go for coated optics + binocs + camo net then.

I used to be a full on f2p as well, and i remember watching that 300 gold very carefully, thinking about the big 10 gold hit when it comes to demounting.

It still is worth it, it was worth it for me then, and it is still worth it for me now.



Jumping_TurtIe #10 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6170 battles
  • 899
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View Postzero_fox_given, on 01 April 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

point is: for all other classes, even noob can do it if he tries. for LT, its much harder

 

I am finding the LT missions the easiest of all. Got the 260 also on my other account and am racing through the LT missions. Am struggling with the HT missions way more.

HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26508 battles
  • 2,353
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

currently I have been stuck for months at lights and meds missions where I need to track enemies and then hope someone destroys them.

these missions are really very stupid.



Tr0gledyte #12 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18596 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

I've been stuck on "spot 6 enemy tanks while remaining unspotted" for ages. 

 

Problem: too many lights in the game. I either get counterspotted by aggressive enemy lights or my teammates "steal" spots.

 



HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26508 battles
  • 2,353
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostTr0gledyte, on 01 April 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

I've been stuck on "spot 6 enemy tanks while remaining unspotted" for ages. 

 

Problem: too many lights in the game. I either get counterspotted by aggressive enemy lights or my teammates "steal" spots.

 

 

difficult to believe: "for ages" ... just wait on maps like prokhorovka or malinovka and drive a fast light, then it's rather easy

VarzA #14 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19153 battles
  • 1,189
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 01 April 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

currently I have been stuck for months at lights and meds missions where I need to track enemies and then hope someone destroys them.

these missions are really very stupid.

 

Use a good scout and load HE ... ideally something with autoloader. :P



Tr0gledyte #15 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18596 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 01 April 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

 

difficult to believe: "for ages" ... just wait on maps like prokhorovka or malinovka and drive a fast light, then it's rather easy

 

You would think so, but every game has like 3 light tanks on both teams and you have to be very aggressive at the start of the game to get those 6 spots. Very large chance that you get countered by an enemy scout while trying to drive to your bush. Prokhorovka is not suited because where are you going to sit to spot 6 enemies without being spotted back? Same goes for Malinovka. It's harder than it sounds. Medium tanks on your team with more viewrange than you also doesn't help this mission. Even if you get into the perfect position, chances are your teammates will get a lot of spots.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 01 April 2018 - 04:22 PM.


zero_fox_given #16 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3732 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 01 April 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

I am finding the LT missions the easiest of all. Got the 260 also on my other account and am racing through the LT missions. Am struggling with the HT missions way more.

i dont know man, i was LT main and i used to love scouting but these days the way how the games are played...

im currently on leopard and im not able to do 1500 spotting, because people just dont play "regularly". there is either one or two yolo rushers who eat big chunks of the spots, then people just dont pay attention or they just dont know where to expect enemies to pop..... in this grind, i had like 2-3 battles where i was spotting and myteam was really shooting within couple seconds. rest is some kind of torture

 

View PostTr0gledyte, on 01 April 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

 

You would think so, but every game has like 3 light tanks on both teams and you have to be very aggressive at the start of the game to get those 6 spots. Very large chance that you get countered by an enemy scout while trying to drive to your bush. Prokhorovka is not suited because where are you going to sit to spot 6 enemies without being spotted back? Same goes for Malinovka. It's harder than it sounds. Medium tanks on your team with more viewrange than you also doesn't help this mission. Even if you get into the perfect position, chances are your teammates will get a lot of spots.

i know what you are talking about

if there is even one yolo rusher in your or enemy team, the spoting is screwed.

few spoting locations and many are so risky to get that it dooes not make sence to go and risk the tank.

fo my sake, i believe it is low/mid tiers which are so screwed, people in higher tiers tent to play more "meta" so it will be easier to get some numbers.... now, i just get yoloed in every third game by some clueless monkey who by strike of luck finds you and he is the hero of the day


 

Jumping_TurtIe #17 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6170 battles
  • 899
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View Postzero_fox_given, on 01 April 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

i dont know man, i was LT main and i used to love scouting but these days the way how the games are played...

im currently on leopard and im not able to do 1500 spotting, because people just dont play "regularly". there is either one or two yolo rushers who eat big chunks of the spots, then people just dont pay attention or they just dont know where to expect enemies to pop..... in this grind, i had like 2-3 battles where i was spotting and myteam was really shooting within couple seconds. rest is some kind of torture

 

Ahh I am a bit further. Bought the Type 64 and got most missions done for the Stugg and T28. Went through the French lights since I like how they play am at the 1390 at the moment and finished LT15 for the T55a a few days ago.

SlyMeerkat #18 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16139 battles
  • 2,060
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
It is and it isnt, its very map and tank dependent as well as your team line up and the enemy, just got to be lucky for most of it really.

German_Dunc #19 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36947 battles
  • 1,883
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

I found the LT missions to be the easiest, mostly using the Crusader when it was still an LT, and then the French lines for higher stuff. Maybe old T49 with derp for the track missions. I've been redoing them all with honours, and found type 64, EVEN 90, and 13 57 to be good enough

 

MT are relatively straightforward, although some reliance on MM to chuck you the right number of heavies.

 

TD is mostly patience, and then later on using big alpha stuff.

 

SPG are simple

 

HT are, IMO, basically impossible now - apart from the unreliable block mechanic (some track shots count as blocked, some don't), you're either getting gold spammed, HE spammed, or clicked. I mean, people were rigging HT-15 back when armour meant something, can't believe it's even possible in the current game now unless you get very lucky with enemy, matchmaking, and team composition.

 

 



HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26508 battles
  • 2,353
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostTr0gledyte, on 01 April 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

 

You would think so, but every game has like 3 light tanks on both teams and you have to be very aggressive at the start of the game to get those 6 spots. Very large chance that you get countered by an enemy scout while trying to drive to your bush. Prokhorovka is not suited because where are you going to sit to spot 6 enemies without being spotted back? Same goes for Malinovka. It's harder than it sounds. Medium tanks on your team with more viewrange than you also doesn't help this mission. Even if you get into the perfect position, chances are your teammates will get a lot of spots.

 

drive tier 6 scout.

prokhorovka: for the new maps, I did 't try yet, but on the old map there was a small bush on the hill where you could hide a SPIC or a HWK12 inside.

malinovka: the usual spotter hill works for me. you just need your own team to be slow or few lights and a stupid lemming train enemy team.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users